UI Flickering

@RoverDude

I took your request, to open another thread for this. I just took a clean 1.2 install and put in only the "USI_2016.10.16.01.zip" mod compilation and was able to reproduce the flickering by clicking the categories like crazy:

(EDIT: It seems to be NOT specific to USI, but being a stock problems that can occur, when there a to many parts in a category)
(EDIT2: Link to the flickering thread in the unmodded installs board)
(EDIT3: Could a mod please delete this redundant thread then...)

Some more background: I've trying to track this issue a long time. I thought KER is the problem. I've had this flickering since 1.1.x and also I am using plenty of USI mods.
A friend was playing vanilla and I suggested KER and soon later USI-LS... I've got the information back that after KER the flickering began. But maybe that friend mixed that up.
Yesterday in a stream someone told, that he has the flickering and is not using KER. Today I've found another guy who is using KER, has no flickering, but is also not using USI.
So this brought back my attention to USI. I've did this test in the video. Maybe this is a stock bug that USI triggers...
Hope it helps debugging.

Edited by Jebs_SY

This is not a mod issue as there is a thread in unmodded section opened by Tr1gg3r called "The Ui Flicker Bug - In stock".

EDIT: to be more precise, it's not a "specific" mod issue. It appears to clearly only happen in modded KSP installs, but no one specific mod seems to be the culprit.

Edited by Space Cowboy Bob

Oh. Thx. Then this is a STOCK-issue for such a long time since 1.1.x ?! o.O Didn't had expected that... Thought it is maybe the way the mod categories are put in.

EDIT: Can a mod please delete this redundant thread then. Thx.

Edited by Jebs_SY

I had a similar problem in 1.1. If I recovered a vessel using the recover button at the top of the screen, and if I then tried to go into a building with GUI, it would start flickering. It did it so much that many times in career mode, I had to restart my game. Being in R&D center was impossible because three quarters of the time, I couldn't see anything. But hopefully that is fixed now.

Fire

This bug is rather s evere if you have any large part mods, and considering its a vanilla issue, that never existed until 1.2, as I never saw it in 1.1 o r any previous ones, I think this needs to be fixed, as it makes it -incredibly- hard to use the VAB or SPH

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.