[1.1.2, Sandbox] I need inspiration...I know it might be vague but more detail in the post

Ok, the title is vague but here is my criteria for 'inspiration':

- 1st it needs to look cool...

- 2nd It needs to be able to make it to Duna + Ike at least!

- 3rd FUNCTIONALLITY!

- 4th I'd prefer ideas to be thrown at me providing images for possible designs but ultimately I make the final post and compose what I did here...

That is it pretty much :)

Crafts inspired by this post...

awfulcraftdesigns, Signing Out!

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, Chris_2 said:

Build an single-stage-to-anywhere spaceplane. That should keep you occupied for the next 100 hours :D

Looks cool -> check

Gets to Duna and Ike -> check

Functionality -> lots of it

Image -> below:

I was about to offer the same suggestion:

PfGVkOV.png

Rune. A great reason to develop the SSTA module for the Orca was using it as a miner in the Dunian and Joolian systems.

Well it depends on a few things. What is your ability level? Have you been to Duna before? Have you had experience of powered landings? Do you like sci-fi or a realistic replica type craft?

Do you want to actually do something once you get there other than just refueling?

Edited by Majorjim!

4 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Well it depends on a few things. What is your ability level? Have you been to Duna before? Have you had experience of powered landings? Do you like sci-fi or a realistic replica type craft?

Do you want to actually do something once you get there other than just refueling?

Ah, yeah...I was about to say....I can get to Mun and Minmus safely...but never been to Duna before xD Sorry I shoulda mentioned xD Also sci-fi type craft

And what I'd like is rover capabilities / probe capabilites xD

5 hours ago, Chris_2 said:

Build an single-stage-to-anywhere spaceplane. That should keep you occupied for the next 100 hours :D

Looks cool -> check

Gets to Duna and Ike -> check

Functionality -> lots of it

Image -> below:

Bf62VFi.png

Not cool enough :/

5 hours ago, Rune said:

I was about to offer the same suggestion:

PfGVkOV.png

Rune. A great reason to develop the SSTA module for the Orca was using it as a miner in the Dunian and Joolian systems.

Slightly too...uncool...I'm going for more design factor and sci-finess than actually using the functionallity (although who knows, it might be used somedya xD

1 hour ago, awfulcraftdesigns said:

Slightly too...uncool...I'm going for more design factor and sci-finess than actually using the functionallity (although who knows, it might be used somedya xD

Slightly what? I know I was showing the guts, but... :huh:

Vo78EdB.png

iVisMin.png

Rune. I guess it's good to have high aspirations?

Edited by Rune

18 minutes ago, Rune said:

Slightly what? I know I was showing the guts, but... :huh:

Vo78EdB.png

iVisMin.png

Rune. I guess it's good to have high aspirations?

Sorry, I've definitley changed my mind...since for freak sake! VTOL IS AWEEEESSOMMMEEE! But might I make a request that you design something based around the whole   PPD-12 Cupola Module (Also something slightly smaller, no offense)

What is this thread. Search for some good-looking hard sci-fi spaceship designs and get in the VAB! You won't make anything nice without a bit creativity and research. Just saying "Show me cool stuff" won't get you very far. Everyone has different tastes and definitions of what's "cool".

Go check out "Space That Never Was" on tumblr.

Edited by Veeltch

55 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

What is this thread. Search for some good-looking hard sci-fi spaceship designs and get in the VAB! You won't make anything nice without a bit creativity and research. Just saying "Show me cool stuff" won't get you very far. Everyone has different tastes and definitions of what's "cool".

Go check out "Space That Never Was" on tumblr.

Uhh mind providing a link? I realise there is differences between 'cool' in everyone's eyes but that doesn't exactly help that your just telling me the obvious...and the reason why I created the thread was because I ran out of ideas...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.