Development Update for Consoles!

UomoCapra

30 minutes ago, Sunburn22 said:

So when you thinking? Maybe next month, or a few weeks?

Remember, this is where complaints about "missing the 'early 2017' deadline" originate from — a (semi–firm) release date. To be honest, you can't expect Squad to give you a date at this point; nothing will be gained for anyone when they do that.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

Remember, this is where complaints about "missing the 'early 2017' deadline" originate from — a (semi–firm) release date. To be honest, you can't expect Squad to give you a date at this point; nothing will be gained for anyone when they do that.

They just need a disclaimer.

"This is when we would like it to be released BUT if problems arise it could take significantly longer."

Just to know its in the final stages though is excellent, I'm seriously looking forward to getting stuck in again.

Edited by Ineedaweapon

10 minutes ago, Ineedaweapon said:

They just need a disclaimer.

"This is when we would like it to be released BUT if problems arise it could take significantly longer."

The voice of reason says, “yes, that's reasonable.”

The disclaimer is implicitly there though. There's no reason to believe Squad is delaying the release on purpose. And yet here they are (not by you), claims that “they are mocking us.” Against that kind of audience no disclaimer helps.

4 hours ago, razark said:

However, the voice of the forum screams obscenities if Squad misses a date.

Don't forget that it's the voice of a forum of very (and for good reason) unhappy players. You can't really blame us for our irritation about not being able to enjoy a game for the better part of a year.

Also, @UomoCapra it's great to hear that cert testing is right around the corner! As I said earlier, I'll take it upon myself to help in the effort to find any bugs that evaded you guys.

Edited by LegendaryAce

7 hours ago, noobsrtoast said:

of course its free why would it not be.....that statement has me slightly concerned

Because it's almost a complete rewrite of the port, some people were concerned that they'd be required to purchase it again (cause it's a 'new' game) so Squad PR makes sure to say it's free

24 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Because it's almost a complete rewrite of the port, some people were concerned that they'd be required to purchase it again (cause it's a 'new' game) so Squad PR makes sure to say it's free

ah ok, i thought maybe paid dlc was already here, i mean its coming cause take two, but glad its not starting just yet

On 28.06.2017 at 7:47 PM, UomoCapra said:

We are currently progressing on the update at an excellent pace and it is now being tested by the QA team, which is one of the final steps for its release.

We have already heard this more than once.

4 hours ago, noobsrtoast said:

ah ok, i thought maybe paid dlc was already here, i mean its coming cause take two, but glad its not starting just yet

It was coming for PC before Take Two. 

I actually don't have a problem with decent DLC if it keeps good games supported longer. It just doesn't make financial sense to continue developing games in the "long tail" sales stage without it or some other revenue stream. 

I feel like I got beat up for my lunch money after purchasing this game. $40 is a lot for a game that has these issues.  Of course I know you guys wont allow refunds for the purchase of the game.  You guys pulled a fast one on us, I guess were the suckers :-(

1 hour ago, sevenftazn said:

I feel like I got beat up for my lunch money after purchasing this game. $40 is a lot for a game that has these issues.  Of course I know you guys wont allow refunds for the purchase of the game.  You guys pulled a fast one on us, I guess were the suckers :-(

They are working on it.

In the weekly...

In other news, work on the updated KSP version for consoles continuous at steady paceBlitworks continues to consistently provide us with new builds and the team continues to test them as they come in. Our QA staff also now have the help from external bug testers, and together we are providing feedback to BlitWorks quickly and from all fronts. One method we use to provide feedback and to easily demonstrate how some bugs are triggered is through video capture of the gameplay, but the video capture function of console test kits is less than perfect to say the least. So some the QA staff have worked around this by setting up hardware capture boxes. Clever, right?

24 minutes ago, Kerbuvim said:

Silently removed from the store? Wow. Can anybody look at the North American PS store, is that it?

Be glad it has been removed. Despite EVERYBODY involved knowing it to be a defunct and corrupted piece of faecal matter it remained on sale. It should have been removed almost a year ago. In fact, it should never have been up there. The entire console port has been a disaster from the very first day.

Edited by Tex_NL

I'm interested to see what kind of changes they've made and what new options we'll have.  I'm not crossing my fingers or anything, but I'd quite like to be able move and resize hud elements.  I always thought the navball was a little big and being in the centre it would get in the way when trying to land.  A delta-v calculator would be nice too, but I'm fairly certain we aren't getting that.

1 hour ago, Ineedaweapon said:

A delta-v calculator would be nice too, but I'm fairly certain we aren't getting that.

Hah! No kidding, we haven't even gotten that one yet.

Also, what is it about console games and the dearth of options? I mean, I guess I understand a lack of performance options, because consoles should all be about the same hardware, but stuff like field of view seems like it would be perfectly useful for every player.

20 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Hah! No kidding, we haven't even gotten that one yet.

Also, what is it about console games and the dearth of options? I mean, I guess I understand a lack of performance options, because consoles should all be about the same hardware, but stuff like field of view seems like it would be perfectly useful for every player.

I dont know if it's just laziness, low standards or some technical problem, but it is quite annoying sometimes.  I find it's the games where you most need to change something that have the least options.

Im new to this site but still a buyer of the ps4 model of the game when i first had it i was on the ps4 but since have upgraded to ps4 pro and turned on boost mode that seemed to help the lag i was experiencing before with the old ps4 but i have encounterend the save corruption and crashes. I first bought the game and seeing it never had an update then i left it for a good 6 months then went back with a brand new ps4 and boost mode only to see no updates so that how i ended up here im glad to see its still active and that there is hope for the game. Hearing a whole new port is happening is exciting and i cant wait to play it. I hope this game gets fixed soon. If anyone that doesnt have the ps4 port wants to know anything about it just let me know.

Edited by Trunkmonkey
Typo error want changed to wants

6 hours ago, AverageJoeGuy said:

Now that we are halfway through the year, the 'Early 2017' window is fully closed. At this point, should we even be hoping for 2017 at all?

Well, I know we're most likely not gonna see it before the one year mark, since there's less than 9 days on the clock.

Edited by LegendaryAce

It's almost as though not everything Squad says should be taken as a guarantee.  No wonder they refuse to even mention possible release dates 99% of the time.

(Although, @SQUAD, it's probably time to come up with a new (realistic) estimate, since y'all screwed the pooch and gave an estimate on this in the first place.)