how to remove physics for display?

Overland

is there a way via any command, KOS Command, mod or cheat to unload physics for a vehicle so that it can be put on display safely?

im taking a hybrid electric RTG Tri-jet train on the dakar rally. 705 as shes become known. taking race number into the running number and title

dbeXlZh.jpg

with her 20+ wheel drive and boosters.. this trains become an absolute symbol of the never surrender motto of KTP land train operations

in short 705 needs a home once the rallys complete.. though a train is a physics intensive thing hence needing away to unload physics for preservation

permanently coupled discounts simply detaching the control car and id like to keep 705 fully operational for occasional run

anyone have any ideas besides making the island runway a museum? sudden physics load can be fatal to trains in my experience :(

thanks in advance

can it be undone at all? sounds like a good idea, rigid meaning less physics or even acting as one baked object ala other games similar

unfortunately being able to fire up the old girl, battlescars intact is a big priority

might just have to sail across to the island hangers

alternatively..anyone got experience with underwater out of physics range? could go all atlantis

Edited by Overland

oh! I actually never thought of that..no she wouldnt explode in water not from small distances anyway :) thankyou.. seems like the best approach 

ive got alot of experience with trains..used to store them in KSC carpark as the yard.. sadly how trains behave when physics load changes from update to update... 

from scopion tail trailercars attacking locomotives..to wheels exploding sending parts on a balistic trajectory into space.. (RIP 4016) 

How about a seperate museum savegame, where there's a giant open air museum park spread over like a 3km radius around KSC? That way no individual set is within physics range of another, you can load into KSC where you leave a high speed tourist bus to visit the items

13 hours ago, gomker said:

Check out AirPark , designed to park boats and large vessels in atmosphere. 

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I second gomkers recommendation Airpark continued ,  I've had several very large ships  airparked for weeks with no ill effects, Airpark effectively renders the ship  static object when active, and at the touch of a button it's live and ready to go.

Interesting, I always wanted to have a museum (damn Squad, this could be easily done virtually from craft files).

What effect on performance has a parked 400 part ship?

2 minutes ago, theend3r said:

Interesting, I always wanted to have a museum (damn Squad, this could be easily done virtually from craft files).

What effect on performance has a parked 400 part ship?

Hi well it's a bit hit or miss and depends very much on the quality of colliders /meshes within the parts themselves,  In the pic below everything there is Airparked, there must be well over  a 1000 parts as typically a full ship runs to 250 ish depending, and while admittedly the game was slowed by the amount  of craft present , it was still very much playable and going out of the area  phys and game return to normal.  Sadly no matter what the coding stars of KSP comes up with the game still has to draw the ship and the more complex the ship the harder the game has to work

Eaoco8M.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.