KSP Interstellar Extended Support Thread

FreeThinker

Thermal launch nozzle ISP does weird things when you tweakscale it. Its also apparently not the correct size that it says in tweakscale?

2.5m size with 2.5 decoupler below it and 2.5m reactor above it, the shroud is like, 1.8m or something?

yjMbco2.jpg

And if I scale it down one notch, then back up again I get this: (Shroud removed for clarity on nozzle size at 2.5m scale)

(First photo was taken by scaling it up one notch, then back down to 2.5m)

0p4JnIf.jpg

Different radius modifier, different vacuum/sea ISP, different max pressure threshold (whatever that is?), different radius, different exit area, Same size on screen. Unknown if in game performance changes as I have not tested that.

Scaling it up to 3.75m makes it look 2.5m and shroud looks about right but adds another 9.5tons to my craft.

Also, what does the 'Uranium burnup' fuel mode (as opposed to 'Uranium Floride') do for the molten salt reactor? Besides apparently drop it to 1/2 output power?

I have looked through all the documents online I could find but nobody says anything about it, other then it exists.

<Edit> Ahh, while the reactor was running I noticed the fuel consumption drops considerably, like to 1/10th or something. Can run a fully upgraded 2.5m molten salt reactor for like almost 2 years instead of 30 days. Good deal considering my cooling system is undersized to run at full power anyway.

Edited by BlackMoons

6 hours ago, trias702 said:

I'm not sure I understand this. How is CRP (Community Resource Pack) related to missing nodes in Community Tech Tree? And what do you mean by "replace all # strings by their english translation"? Everything in the kerbstein2.cfg is already in English, and I'm not seeing any #string markers anywhere?

Sorry, I was refering to manualy backporting the Community Tech tree which should work in KSP 1.2.2 except from the translation tags.

If I'm not mistaken the 1.3 version should work in 1.2.2, you only wend up with weird title and description

Alternatively you could simply to edit the technodes referenced in the kerbstein to existing end tech nodes

Edited by FreeThinker

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Sorry, for your inconvenience. To make it work, open ElectricPropellants.cfg  in Resources folder and change , find LqdAmmonia and change type to 23

Thank you. It works. 

1 hour ago, BlackMoons said:

Thermal Electric generator mass does not scale when size changed.

Indeed, you cannot "cheat" by making the tanks smaller, in  fact it will hurt you as it efficiency will decrease, making it generate more wastelheat

21 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

I uploaded a new release 1.14.15 which fixes this bug, it can be downloaded from here

Version 1.14.15 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0

Released on 2017-07-09

• Added extended wrapper cap and nose cone with improve aerodynamic performance
  • Improved Part info radiator in VAB
  • improved GUI Thermal Calculator in VAB
  • Balance Hydrolox mode requires High Performance Fuel Systems instead of Advanced Nuclear Propulsion
  • Reduced boiloff interstellar fuel tanks
  • Fixed Nuclear/Thermal Turbo/Ramjet ability to function without unlocked technologies

Any chance we could please trouble you for a KSP 1.22 backport of this version? Or at the very least just the fixes for the Nuclear/Thermal Turbo/Ramjet nozzles as many people use those?

4 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Indeed, you cannot "cheat" by making the tanks smaller, in  fact it will hurt you as it efficiency will decrease, making it generate more wastelheat

So this means 0.625m and 20m radius thermal generators connected to same reactors will have same mass?

10 hours ago, BlackMoons said:

Thermal launch nozzle ISP does weird things when you tweakscale it. Its also apparently not the correct size that it says in tweakscale?

2.5m size with 2.5 decoupler below it and 2.5m reactor above it, the shroud is like, 1.8m or something?

yjMbco2.jpg

And if I scale it down one notch, then back up again I get this: (Shroud removed for clarity on nozzle size at 2.5m scale)

(First photo was taken by scaling it up one notch, then back down to 2.5m)

0p4JnIf.jpg

Different radius modifier, different vacuum/sea ISP, different max pressure threshold (whatever that is?), different radius, different exit area, Same size on screen. Unknown if in game performance changes as I have not tested that.

Scaling it up to 3.75m makes it look 2.5m and shroud looks about right but adds another 9.5tons to my craft.

Well the thermal launch nozzle was never mend to stay permanent (it just a ripped stock model), it just needed to fit under most reactors. I hope to replace it one day

Edited by FreeThinker

47 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

correct

I guess if I upscaled it to 1 km radius it would be less dense than Hydrogen :P

0.625m - smallest generator has volume of ~ 0.24 m^3

20m - big generator for big motherships and laser beam producers has volume of 8000 m^3

100m generator would have volume of 1000 000 m^3

Could I please ask how the fully upgraded computer core is supposed to work in respect to the AI upgrade? The old wiki mentions that it can function as a science lab, but I have not seen this in my playthrough. The only option it seems to have is "collect science". Even looking in the config files, it does not have Data and Science resources the way a crewed science lab has.

What are the advantages of using the fully upgraded computer core in a career game? What are its special powers, aside from the IR telescope synergy?

11 hours ago, trias702 said:

I'm not sure I understand this. How is CRP (Community Resource Pack) related to missing nodes in Community Tech Tree? And what do you mean by "replace all # strings by their english translation"? Everything in the kerbstein2.cfg is already in English, and I'm not seeing any #string markers anywhere?

I backported 1.14.15 which can be downloaded here, it includes a fix for the config files tech requirements

@FreeThinker thanks again for fixing the throttling rates on the thermal engines... can use atmospheric thermal turbojets very effectively for VTOL with TCA now :)  Have a 3400t SSTO VTOL craft that can colonize a moon or planet in one mission now :) ... and land safely back at KSC...

Hi.

First i want to say, i like your mod, excelent work, please keep developing.

I having a problem with the last release of the mod (i updated from 1.13.xx to  the backported version 1.14.15). I noticed the problem with the antimatter reactor., but maybe others are failing too. I cannot make it to deliver the recuested power.. it remains at 5% (delivering 200 KW) event with a heavy load (10 GW).

The ship was working perfect before the update. I already change the LithiumDeuteride for LithiumHidroxide, put hidrogen, etc... i cannot make it work properly. Even a minimun configuration fails to work...  never pass 5%. 

RbRICt2.jpg

Thank you in advance.

49 minutes ago, Ansenagy said:

Hi.

First i want to say, i like your mod, excelent work, please keep developing.

I having a problem with the last release of the mod (i updated from 1.13.xx to  the backported version 1.14.15). I noticed the problem with the antimatter reactor., but maybe others are failing too. I cannot make it to deliver the recuested power.. it remains at 5% (delivering 200 KW) event with a heavy load (10 GW).

The ship was working perfect before the update. I already change the LithiumDeuteride for LithiumHidroxide, put hidrogen, etc... i cannot make it work properly. Even a minimun configuration fails to work...  never pass 5%.

Thank you in advance.

I think you ran outta hydrogen according to the reactor menu, the 5% power is likely however much hydrogen your collecting per frame worth.

Why my spaceship lags in other atmospheric planets?

Heres my spaceship to test, it uses Extended Lithobraking mod for cargo bay,

http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/135PIBpF/file.html

On Kerbon its fine, probably something wrong is with air intake -> compressed air code.

Maybe something breaks in air intakes? ISRU and gas tank just compress incoming air.

Edited by raxo2222

6 minutes ago, raxo2222 said:

On Kerbon its fine, probably something wrong is with air intake -> compressed air code.

Maybe something breaks in air intakes? ISRU and gas tank just compress incoming air.

it might just be the time it takes you to get there.  sometimes an F5/F9 will fix frame rate issues.

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

it might just be the time it takes you to get there.  sometimes an F5/F9 will fix frame rate issues.

Hmm weird lag stopped after I removed hyper edit, kerbal engineer and dynamic deflection.

last night i moved my save to 1.3 (finally i have all the needed mods)

i have a ship that uses 4 solid core NTR
it had more power on lift off (no worm up time)
but wen i turn off trust (press X) it needed ~2 minutes to get to 0 trust

is this new behavior how its sapuse to work or should i look for a problem maker?

26 minutes ago, danielboro said:

last night i moved my save to 1.3 (finally i have all the needed mods)

i have a ship that uses 4 solid core NTR
it had more power on lift off (no worm up time)
but wen i turn off trust (press X) it needed ~2 minutes to get to 0 trust

is this new behavior how its sapuse to work or should i look for a problem maker?

Not sure, Do your vessel has radiators? If not I would need the vessel file to determine what might be going wrong here.

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Do you see any exception in the log?

i have the same problem with the solid core nuclear engine, but on new install. after i press x it not stop, it slowly decelerate, i thought it's a new feature. my vessel has radiators.

L.E.

it's functioning like a jet engine...

Edited by Acvila