Jump to content

[1.7.3-1.8.1] Realism Overhaul v12.8.1 [17 April 2020]


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, VoidCosmos said:

Hi all, 

When I pick any tank any tank, it doesn't contain any fuel in in. Have I done anything wrong? I am a newbie in RO

Did you add fuel storage? Tanks come configured with no fuel storage by default, you need to open the tank gui and add fuels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flibble said:

Did you add fuel storage? Tanks come configured with no fuel storage by default, you need to open the tank gui and add fuels.

I am not getting that tank gui

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VoidCosmos said:

It is not in the part menu

After placing the part, right click the part. The context menu that comes up (it's called the PAW) is where the option to open the tank GUI is.

And yes, it is normal if tank parts have no resources in them when first spawned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

After placing the part, right click the part. The context menu that comes up (it's called the PAW) is where the option to open the tank GUI is.

And yes, it is normal if tank parts have no resources in them when first spawned.

Oh ok got it. Thanks everyone

Link to post
Share on other sites

@raidernick raidernick released this 2 days ago

  • Make rcs quads visible with restock too
  • Resize RestockPlus RCS blocks
  • More consistent maxTemps for early probe cores
  • Proper derwent model for restock and vens1.13
  • Fix KerbCan IVA scaling
  • Increase AJ10-190 burn time
  • Fix improperly configured TF modules
  • Add XLR43 Engine_Config
  • Added NEEDS to some part configs to stop Errors on loading
  • Update XLR11 config
  • Add RM-3 config
  • Add Real Antenna patches
  • Tweak RO-Mk1 cockpit IVAs
  • Manufacturers added for SXT and FASA
  • Add ORM65 config
  • Un-hide microEngine-derived engines (1kn, etc)
  • Adjustments for stock landing gear mass and safe load for KSPWheel
  • Removed the Diameter from all Engine Descriptions
  • Add more RL10C-X configs
  • Add XLR41 config
  • Add CoM Shifters to Coatl Probes
  • Update ModuleROSolarPanel.cs to use new 1.7.3 PAW grouping(DLL will not work in earlier ksp versions now)
  • Added Oxygen to the X-15 cockpits
  • Moved the UNMANAGED_RESOURCE to the proper location
  • Un-hide deprecated NearFutureSolar parts
  • Update RL10C series
  • Add Sea level RD215
  • Update RD-215
  • Add RD-219 series, more tweaks
  • Add RD-211 series
  • Add cluster mutiplier to RD-215
  • Add RD-109/119
  • More consistent stock antenna scales
  • Fixed typos in the engine config naming of the Agena Engine
  • Add RS-68 ablator
  • update BDB configs for new parts
  • Fix for broken ReStock drag cubes
  • Lower thermometer and barometer mass to 0.1kg
  • Fix NFE configs
  • Remove surface attachment from SNAP-50
  • Speculative X405 upgrades
  • Add more Agena Configs
  • Update STME Config & Add STBE Engine Config
  • SSTU Orion part update
  • RealPlume templates - Kerolox plumes
  • RealPlume templates - Hypergolic lower plumes
  • Add hypergolic upper templates
  • Add Automatic engine effects setup to templates
  • Add HypergolicUpperOrange template
  • Add Hydrolox plume templates
  • Update UA120X and SRMU
  • Remove duplicate modules from restock sep motors
  • Fixed typo in RO_Squad_Command.cfg
  • Add testflight configs to many srbs
  • Implement NewTanks system
  • Add AJ10 Transtar config
  • Add Lunex RL10 config
  • Add Speculative, prototype, and modern engines to global configs
  • Update M1 config to be more accurate
  • Various fixes for RN, KK or FASA or Global Engine Configs:
    • Fix vostok tdu rcs, plume and craft files
    • fix block i rotation
    • separate salyut/almaz rcs ports
    • fix soyuz fuel amounts
    • fix progress mass
    • fix tft crossfeed
    • fix soyuz craft files for pao changes
    • fix fregat ignitions and engine name
    • fix salyut 67 plume position
    • update salyut 6 and 7 craft files for changes
    • fix rcs tex switch for salyut 6 7
    • fix salyut 6 craft color
    • move avionics from block d and brizm to decouplers to avoid rcs bug
    • fix plume locations for smokescreen update on RN, KK and FASA
    • remove RW from fregat
    • lr91 and 87 plume fixes
    • fix kk rl10 plume
    • fix kk rl10 plume again
    • fix rl10b2 to use upper plume
    • fix kosmos crafts and configs for engine changes
    • fix kosmos 2 ss engine rcs
    • fix gimbal issues on r7 and n1 engines
    • fix conflicting gimbal range settings in global engine configs
    • fix salyut panels
    • fix solar part module for 1.8 changes
    • fix proton third stage plume positions
    • fix kosmos 2 subassembly ignitions
    • fix titan configs for global engine changes
    • fix delta tr201 plume and subassemblies
    • update cygnus configs for rcs separation
    • update cygnus craft files for antares
    • fix solar panel partmodule type
    • fix action groups for solars
    • KK engine config fixes
    • KK fix delta 3 fairing
    • fix atlas v parts for engine changes
    • fix atlas subassemblies for model changes
    • KK fix duplicate part removal

Thanks to @raidernick, @pap1723, @lpgagnon, @DRVeyl, @lukecologne, @Capkirk123, @nepphhh, @Coolbeer, @mcd0uble, @Standecco, @RCrockford, @Theysen, @Vannadin, @ArXen42, @Its-Just-Luci, @Scorpu, @whale2 and @siimav for work on this latest update!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, I'm having an issue with some of the engines from the RO Engines pack. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help - I had a quick look for a thread for RO Engines but didn't find one. The issue is that several engines that have extendable nozzles (most notably the RL 10 series) deploy the nozzle immediately after I click on them in the parts list, even if they're not attached to any part. This makes it harder to fit them in interstage fairings, especially for smaller spacecraft. IIRC, in earlier versions of RO, there was a toggle named "deploy engine" or something along the lines of that which allowed this to be toggled.

KSP Version: Windows 10, 1.8.1

Mods Installed:

Spoiler

Click Through Blocker 0.1.9.5

Toolbar Control 0.1.9.4

AJE 2.15.0

B9 Part Switch 2.13.0

CRP 1.3.0.0

Engine Group Controller

Ferram Aerospace Research Continued 0.15.11.4

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.5.0

Kopernicus 1.8.1.1

KSC Switcher 1.8.0.0

Modular Flight Integrator 1.2.7.0

Real Chute 1.4.7.5

Real Fuels 12.8.4.1

Real Heat 5.1.0.0

Realism Overhaul 12.8.0

Real Plume 13.1.0

Real Solar System 18.0

RO Engines 1.4.0.0

RSS Date Time 1.2.0.0

RSS Textures 18.1

SmokeScreen 2.8.13

Solver Engines 3.5.7.0

MM 4.1.3

Player.log link

Reproduction steps: Download RO and all dependencies and install RO Engines. Place any part. Select RL-10B engine and observe. Imgur album with images.

Thanks so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alien_wind said:

is the supported smokescreen version stiil 2.8.1?

That depends on the KSP version. 1.7.3 needs to install the SmokeScreen-RO from CKAN; 1.8+ requires the regular SmokeScreen entry.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible that the new version of RO has slowed my game? Since I installed it, scene changes are much longer and my framerate in-flight is lower. My game has crashed several times over few days and crash logs are saying access violation happened.

Updated it via CKAN and nothing else has changed in my install.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, viktor19 said:

Is it possible that the new version of RO has slowed my game? Since I installed it, scene changes are much longer and my framerate in-flight is lower. My game has crashed several times over few days and crash logs are saying access violation happened.

Updated it via CKAN and nothing else has changed in my install.

No that's not possible. RO is just a set of configs and can't cause an issue like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to have a problem at step 1, but the fresh install of KSP for RO doesn't specify which DLC (if any) I should have included in the install. If either or both are not supported, can they be disabled, or should I just delete the folders?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

I hate to have a problem at step 1, but the fresh install of KSP for RO doesn't specify which DLC (if any) I should have included in the install. If either or both are not supported, can they be disabled, or should I just delete the folders?

Thanks

The robot parts aren't supported but will load. The other dlc is supported.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raidernick said:

No that's not possible. RO is just a set of configs and can't cause an issue like that.

I thought the same but felt the need to check.

I have two different saves, both are currently in 1959-1960. But the "problematic" save has a persistent file roughly 500 times larger (200 MB vs. 400 kB). Principia has written a lot of something in the file.

Spoiler

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PrincipiaPluginAdapter
        scene = 7, 2, 5, 8
        serialization_compression_ = gipfeli
        serialization_encoding_ = base64
        serialized_plugin = AhnJFg0hPJEibQBAA4GBNADAAnhiBCkCECmCHyiWAQMogRAoQsC6QSpA9QhTIBX1IJVVIBVUlEEq6SCV1YEpQHUHqNSD9cCUVcAUwLqQKavAlNXAFEILGECmKIHPAOsGpwDVH6ADp1aDU1aBU1NUAfxUg1NWwVOAdYdTVoHVAFR1AFSg-pB9yuCU1eCpB_vUAVDTgSDAKcC6gVNAdWj1wKnV4Gg2y-DoNcAU1eBg3cB9ILrE0dTUalDfKmAKKWmBKSsACCQQABHpRH3qgIAMAOkDAKAkBy8kgRfa0dBFpIwXAOlJpJFUikgQRbgHiigCPWzxGmyBHOliBRQRBxWgCCPQgxyvJF14giIqQBEUYQR6uMo9QIieEsQKKEIOTnoNPEkXQaAHiqgARciBHlBEECiiAhQhD7S8BrSkiwrwBEVUgCKMQAUoogIUsQKKvAbKpIsKUERF0IIijEAPymIFFBEEiqgAFaCIFVDECiiBHsB5DcBJFxRRAYqoAEUYiBUSRBAJogJUgCIqQBF...

The "good" save has just one of these. The "problematic" has dozens, if not more.

Edited by viktor19
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, pt1243 said:

Hi all, I'm having an issue with some of the engines from the RO Engines pack. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help - I had a quick look for a thread for RO Engines but didn't find one. The issue is that several engines that have extendable nozzles (most notably the RL 10 series) deploy the nozzle immediately after I click on them in the parts list, even if they're not attached to any part. This makes it harder to fit them in interstage fairings, especially for smaller spacecraft. IIRC, in earlier versions of RO, there was a toggle named "deploy engine" or something along the lines of that which allowed this to be toggled.

KSP Version: Windows 10, 1.8.1

Mods Installed:

  Reveal hidden contents

Click Through Blocker 0.1.9.5

Toolbar Control 0.1.9.4

AJE 2.15.0

B9 Part Switch 2.13.0

CRP 1.3.0.0

Engine Group Controller

Ferram Aerospace Research Continued 0.15.11.4

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 3.5.0

Kopernicus 1.8.1.1

KSC Switcher 1.8.0.0

Modular Flight Integrator 1.2.7.0

Real Chute 1.4.7.5

Real Fuels 12.8.4.1

Real Heat 5.1.0.0

Realism Overhaul 12.8.0

Real Plume 13.1.0

Real Solar System 18.0

RO Engines 1.4.0.0

RSS Date Time 1.2.0.0

RSS Textures 18.1

SmokeScreen 2.8.13

Solver Engines 3.5.7.0

MM 4.1.3

Player.log link

Reproduction steps: Download RO and all dependencies and install RO Engines. Place any part. Select RL-10B engine and observe. Imgur album with images.

Thanks so much!

Just to confirm - is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 6:06 PM, siimav said:

That depends on the KSP version. 1.7.3 needs to install the SmokeScreen-RO from CKAN; 1.8+ requires the regular SmokeScreen entry.

thanks very much for the answer
just to clerify
in ksp 1.8.1 I should use the latest smokescreen update?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm interested in including modular lauchpad in my ksp modpack, only I don't find the functions for RSS / RO. Could you tell me where to find them? If there is a mod that adds launch platforms for RSS / RO.

Edited by UZZO007
Wrong word
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I searched and didn't find any results specifically about SSTU_Engines_USUpper.cfg. I've just installed RO and SSTU, so I've got the latest versions. I get this error from ModuleManager while loading, and I'm not sure what exactly I need to do.

error.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Palmput said:

Hi, I searched and didn't find any results specifically about SSTU_Engines_USUpper.cfg. I've just installed RO and SSTU, so I've got the latest versions. I get this error from ModuleManager while loading, and I'm not sure what exactly I need to do.

SSTU support stopped way back in 1.3.1. 

You can find following Note in the Extra-Mods Installation Guide here.

Quote

§8: The Blacklist: Mods to Avoid

SSTU - Under no circumstances should you consider using SSTU. It simply doesn't work nor will it ever with RP-1. ROTanks provides some of the functionality you're looking for.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...