[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

4 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

yep, I usually look at the files while starting up KSP.

That reminds me - I've hidden quite a few funny quips inside the configs in Olei-Gaia (folder). Most of it is random, funny stuff but there's a bit where I got pretty mad lol 

Just now, ModerndayLink64 said:

I saw that was pretty funny :D

Somewhere in the MoveKSC.cfg or Gaia.cfg it says:

MapDecalTangent

{

name = [some rage, can't post it on the forum lol]

<...>

}

I wonder whether you caught that one :)

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Somewhere in the MoveKSC.cfg or Gaia.cfg it says:

MapDecalTangent

{

name = [some rage, can't post it on the forum lol]

<...>

}

I wonder whether you caught that one :)

I don't think I saw that one, unless you mean KSCBaseBecauseThePluginIsDefunctAnd--->DoesntBloodyWork<--- #2 (April 4th 2017)

when I opened the game I noticed none of the stock planets had EVE clouds (unlike the previous version which had a boulderco folder) is this because of the addition of gaia?

4 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I don't think I saw that one, unless you mean KSCBaseBecauseThePluginIsDefunctAnd--->DoesntBloodyWork<--- #2 (April 4th 2017)

I meant that, yep. Half of the plugin to move KSC didn't work lol

And that reminds me you know what I forgot to put in the mod ZIP?

KSCswitcher.........

FFFF. Can you tell me if you have a KSC on Gaia? AND you can launch from it?

Edited by Gameslinx

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

I meant that, yep. Half of the plugin to move KSC didn't work lol

And that reminds me you know what I forgot to put in the mod ZIP?

KSCswitcher.........

FFFF. Can you tell me if you have a KSC on Gaia?

lol

sure thing, just waiting for ksp to load

7 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

when I opened the game I noticed none of the stock planets had EVE clouds (unlike the previous version which had a boulderco folder) is this because of the addition of gaia?

That's partially intended but kinda not.

If you read back 2/3 pages you will see a few rants about my drive shutting down. I had to copy over a lot of stuff from the drive to recovery all last week's work.

I forgot about BoulderCo and CustomAsteroids, but CA was going to be removed anyway since it causes lag in time warp.

Deleting boulderCo isn't the >>worst<< issue because the textures I use are in Olei > EVE > Atmosphere > Textures, but the stock planets won't have their clouds.

I'll release an update tomorrow fixing some other minor issues including Boulderco

5 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

That's partially intended but kinda not.

If you read back 2/3 pages you will see a few rants about my drive shutting down. I had to copy over a lot of stuff from the drive to recovery all last week's work.

I forgot about BoulderCo and CustomAsteroids, but CA was going to be removed anyway since it causes lag in time warp.

Deleting boulderCo isn't the >>worst<< issue because the textures I use are in Olei > EVE > Atmosphere > Textures, but the stock planets won't have their clouds.

I'll release an update tomorrow fixing some other minor issues including Boulderco

Ok, so the KSC is on Gaia

also, would it be hard to use the available cloud layers to make your own clouds on the stock planets (so they look as good as the added planets/moons)? basically eliminating the need for the BoulderCo folder

Edited by ModerndayLink64

2 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

Ok, so the KSC is on Gaia

also, would it be hard to use the available cloud layers to make your own clouds on the stock planets (so they look as good as the added planets/moons)? basically eliminating the need for the BoulderCo folder

So far, as you may know, there are three cloud maps (Telos1, Niebos1 and Volux_clouds) in use.

They're made by The White Guardian.

However for Duna and Laythe I am able to make my own Cirrus cloud layer to re-add the clouds to the stock bodies. As for Jool, I'll need BoulderCo back for that.

I think tomorrow I shall do that after releasing the 1.5b patch

I'm very glad KSC is still on Gaia. Just goes to show the entire plugin is defunct and ___ useless LOL!

15 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

So far, as you may know, there are three cloud maps (Telos1, Niebos1 and Volux_clouds) in use.

They're made by The White Guardian.

However for Duna and Laythe I am able to make my own Cirrus cloud layer to re-add the clouds to the stock bodies. As for Jool, I'll need BoulderCo back for that.

I think tomorrow I shall do that after releasing the 1.5b patch

I'm very glad KSC is still on Gaia. Just goes to show the entire plugin is defunct and ___ useless LOL!

Ok Thanks, if you can create your own cloudlayers, can you make laythe's clouds have a "twist" around the equator like this http://dropcanvas.com/#4XQNa5yj4nQKlY

as if there were strong winds on the equator.

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Oh - have you noticed the list of easier eggs in Gamedata > Olei? I imagine you have heh

oh, I have :D

Spoiler

Doggeh was my favorite lol

Edited by ModerndayLink64

2 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

Ok Thanks, if you can create your own cloudlayers, can you make laythe's clouds have a "twist" around the equator like this http://dropcanvas.com/#4XQNa5yj4nQKlY

as if there were strong winds on the equator.

oh, I have :D

Hide contents

Doggeh was my favorite lol

I'll try my best!

Duna has hardly an atmosphere, so it should be relatively easy to sort out those.

Laythe might take a little longer but I should be able to do it :)

(The April fools Easter egg list was a perfect idea. Shame nobody else saw it :( )

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

I'll try my best!

Duna has hardly an atmosphere, so it should be relatively easy to sort out those.

Laythe might take a little longer but I should be able to do it :)

(The April fools Easter egg list was a perfect idea. Shame nobody else saw it :( )

Thank you so much!

For laythe, I could send you the textures if you would like

15 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

Thank you so much!

For laythe, I could send you the textures if you would like

Nah - it's fine.

I think I can combine the Stripes function from Space engine for the base cloud texture then I can add some miner detail (different types of clouds) just from google images or existing cloudmaps. After that I can mix around the cirrus texture for the higher altitude clouds and Duna.

I can use the same cloud map around twice before people notice and go 'hey, these are identical!'

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Nah - it's fine.

I think I can combine the Stripes function from Space engine for the base cloud texture then I can add some miner detail (different types of clouds) just from google images or existing cloudmaps. After that I can mix around the cirrus texture for the higher altitude clouds and Duna.

I can use the same cloud map around twice before people notice and go 'hey, these are identical!'

ok, thanks again

@Solar Ranger Hey there

I was just browsing your forum thread and am I safe to assume you are Ace Crafted?

How's the mod going? The forum thread is quiet!

@eloquentJane

Didn't realise you're a moderator. Is that a new thing?

If it is, congratulations! (Sorry I was just browsing who follows/followed this thread and saw the mod tag)

8 minutes ago, Shaddow Phönix said:

@Gameslinx you say that this MOD plays many years in the future of kerbal space program.  

How about changing the orbits, the eccentricity and the inclination of the old standard planets like duna, jool, Moho ...

It would be very likely that all orbits would be different if a other star flew through our solar system.

I'm doing that at the moment. I wasn't able to do a career test last week because I was sorting out Gaia. The Mun's orbit will be more eccentric since it's been hit by an asteroid, and Minmus's inclination will be lower. Gaia's orbit will stay where it is, and so will Jool, but other planets will migrate inwards or outwards. I'm still figuring out what goes where at the moment :)

26 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

*wakes up* ... *sees I have 26 mail* ... *looks at mail and realises IT'S ALL FROM THE ONE FORUM THREAD*

This is why we use discord peeps :wink:  (Also in vermont using ipad atm and my computer is packed ;-;)

Some people don't want to use discord because they can use the forum instead :wink:

You can also change the follow settings to get 1 email per day with every reply, which is probably easier

Edited by Gameslinx