[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

The description was changed on Tuesday last week after version 1.3. It should be fixed by tomorrow's release. 

"Olemut is a rocky moonlet. It has pools of water because it is warm enough to melt ice since it is close enough to the sun".

ok, thanks!

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't been on the forums in a while I have been having the worst two weeks.:(

First I break my leg on a fence sledding and end up with a full leg cast, then I get strep, then I get Appendicitis and have my appendix removed, and I had to catch up on a ton of homework.

I'm glad I can get on the PC again.:)

5 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

First I break my leg on a fence sledding and end up with a full leg cast, then I get strep, then I get Appendicitis and have my appendix removed, and I had to catch up on a ton of homework.

Sh*t dude!

I feel bad for you, it's the most I can do since I've never broken a bone or gotten anything worse than the Flu in my life.

59 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Sh*t dude!

I feel bad for you, it's the most I can do since I've never broken a bone or gotten anything worse than the Flu in my life.

Thanks for the support,

the recovery is not that bad, I get to be on the forums all day now :)

5 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

ok, thanks!

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't been on the forums in a while I have been having the worst two weeks.:(

I'm glad I can get on the PC again.:)

I hope you're doing well now! And I'm sure your PC welcomes you back with 'open arms' :wink:

6 hours ago, narvster said:

Ooooh you could adjust it and get around the science quibbles whilst making it more 'Kerbally' by making the water into Goo

You have it something like :

'Olemut has no atmosphere, however is has now been discovered that this moonlet maybe the origin of the Mystery Goo used in Kerbal science. Pools of the Goo have been found on the moon'

"We've discovered the origins of the mystery too - it came from this strange moonlet! Funnily enough, it seems that due to the temperature on the moonlet, it turns a strange yellow-brown colour. It sticks to the surface which explains why olemut has 'water'"

Welcome to version 1.4a!

c5aYprk.png

CHANGELOG:

IMPORTANT: If you are landed at SONUS, get to orbit or make a backup of your save as the terrain is changing.

• Reconfigured Sonus's terrain

• Added planet 'Vulcan'

• Added moon 'Vulkine'

• Updated nearly all descriptions

• Evened out the Olumnian system - there are less inclinated planets

• Reduced average Olu'um temperature output by 10%

• Corrected Olu'um's hue

• Added red/purple nebula skybox

• Changed Olu'um's texture so that it is slightly more pink for non-scatterer 'peasants'

• Made Olu'um's accretion disk slightly more purple/red

• Complete Tetra overhaul. It's no longer a plain sphere

• Added dust to Olemut and Dread

• Corrected science values for most planets

• LOTS MORE BUG FIXES.

aLiPbQi.png

I'm also wanting to add Nebulae into the game, perhaps by using either a mesh, or the way SpaceEngine does it. Unfortunately I don't really know how to do this, even though I found the code that SpaceEngine uses to generate nebulae.

Edited by Gameslinx

7 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Oh nice! Will you be making custom resources then? :>

@JadeOfMaar has offered to create custom resource configs for the different planets. Since there's not too much work to get any more planets into the mod, it's time to sort out dependencies for those playing career. Eventually I hope this mod integrates smoothly with the stock planets :D 

Whoops - It looks like I've dumped 5000 tons of oil into Volux. Why's that? It's getting a new look! It's keeping its islands, but it's gaining a large streak of land and also a more polluted colour. Oh, and the hurricane spins the right way this time!

sKQEs4H.png

eHHDM2q.png

And to fix its strange atmosphere VS mountains, I've upped its radius to 250,000 from 100,000 and reduced its gravity from 0.78 to 0.68

Edited by Gameslinx

11 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

You should make that streak very rich in ore or something :P

I can't specify where to put ore, unfortunately. It is generated at random as far as I know.

PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
	ResourceName = Ore
	ResourceType = 0
	PlanetName = Volux

Distribution
	{
		PresenceChance = 2
		MinAbundance = 0
		MaxAbundance = 20
		Variance = 0.8
		Dispersal = 0.4