[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Hey everyone!

NOTE: At the time of recording this, the planet still had its atmosphere. In the following video (glorious 1080p60!), I'm testing the Hazardous Ocean at Flare.

Vulcan kinda sounds like Vuncano (volcano). That sounds super cool!

Vuncano then? xD Also are you going to change the ocean splash textures?

9 minutes ago, 4d4Garrison said:

Also I feel like scatterer dust clouds near its surface would be visually very appealing.

Yep. I'm going to use some nice cloud particles for some orange dusty clouds above the surface to add to the heat effect

8 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Vuncano then? xD Also are you going to change the ocean splash textures?

Me and the white guardian were just talking about that above :)

It's gonna be called Vulcan, since I really like that name. Only issue is: Where is its orbit going? Currently it's very far out from Olu'um at the edge (I guess you could use it as a gravity assist in and out of the system), but Olu'um is getting very saturated with planets, so it might be worth stopping adding planets there.

11 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Hmm... I'd imagine it being farther out in the solar system then a lot of the planets.

Also is there a way to keep the clouds/particles without scatterer? It lags my game like crazy...

Simply delete Scatterer from GAMEDATA. Although Scatterer usually has less of an impact on the game than EVE (clouds), but that's your call!

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

As a matter of fact, that would be incredibly useful. Especially now that we have 2 planets with lava! I think we need 8 textures:

Watermain
					{
						waterTex-0 = BUILTIN/sea-water1
						waterTex-1 = BUILTIN/sea-water2
						waterTex-2 = BUILTIN/sea-water3
						waterTex-3 = BUILTIN/sea-water4
						waterTex-4 = BUILTIN/sea-water5
						waterTex-5 = BUILTIN/sea-water6
						waterTex-6 = BUILTIN/sea-water7
						waterTex-7 = BUILTIN/sea-water8
					}

Which may be difficult (I don't want to bog you down with a lava texture :P )

I can make a few in ten minutes. Thing is - you actually don't need more than 4. You can just select the same texture twice.

Three even:

12321232 - as you can see it'll follow up perfectly.

I also personally lower the 'framesPerSecond' to make it less liquid.

9 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

I think the dust should be more red, or more "ashy".

Yeah, that's true. This was a first launch of the game after adding the configs. I'll do that then :)

9 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

I can make a few in ten minutes. Thing is - you actually don't need more than 4. You can just select the same texture twice.

Three even:

12321232 - as you can see it'll follow up perfectly.

I also personally lower the 'framesPerSecond' to make it less liquid.

Ooooh that's interesting. That should work alright then!

9 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

And for everyone who wants to know how to survive HazardousOcean - the curve takes height (x) and returns a value. This value is the amount of degrees (Kelvin) that will be added to your craft PER FRAME. Imagine it's 10/frame, at 60FPS that's 600 per second.

If I set the bottom value just before hitting the ocean to 100000, I'm sure you can't get around that one! :) 

Edited by Gameslinx

17 minutes ago, AceCrafted said:

Does this mean you'll be adding new starsystems in the future?

I was referring to the Olumnian system. In the future, if I get a better grasp of generating planets from PQSMods, I *MIGHT* add another star. This is debateable because A) File size issues, B) You can't get to other stars with just regular stock parts... Perhaps an outer gas giant?

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I was referring to the Olumnian system. In the future, if I get a better grasp of generating planets from PQSMods, I *MIGHT* add another star. This is debateable because A) File size issues, B) You can't get to other stars with just regular stock parts... Perhaps an outer gas giant?

Yeah that would most likely be best.

Also I have a lander on the mun with 873 DeltaV left. Should I risk going home?

Edited by PixelStory2

7 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

I already did it xD I'm not that good of a pilot yet so it was hard. :P

Nice :)

Vulcan should be released on Sunday. I think it looks alright so far, unless you want me to add extra stuff to the surface (unique features on specific parts of the planet).

Someone else mentioned I have 'too many earthlike worlds' (3 - Niebos, Sonus, Telos). Should I do anything about this? I don't want to edit any of them but he brought up a fair point worth discussing here.

One of my friends showed his brother the mod, who is now using it. Apparently his brother finds it awesome :)

Edited by Gameslinx

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Nice :)

Vulcan should be released on Sunday. I think it looks alright so far, unless you want me to add extra stuff to the surface (unique features on specific parts of the planet).

Someone else mentioned I have 'too many earthlike worlds' (3 - Niebos, Sonus, Telos). Should I do anything about this? I don't want to edit any of them but he brought up a fair point worth discussing here.

One of my friends showed his brother the mod, who is now using it. Apparently his brother finds it awesome :)

You could make it so one of them have 1 side facing the sun at all times and 1 not, that would be cool :o

@Gameslinx I wanted to mention realism and the impracticality of so many Earth like worlds early on. But this planet pack is heavily built in fantasy and the whim of its contributors. No offense at all intended.

You can easily justify the extra worlds by having them first be toxic to certain levels as noted in my spreadsheet for the resource configs to come, but that your extinct aliens made immense investments into terraforming them for some extremely grand goal.

52 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

You could make it so one of them have 1 side facing the sun at all times and 1 not, that would be cool :o

Honestly, Sonus and Niebos should be ice planets or have oceans of poison. Those are too far from the sun and don't have silly amounts of greenhouse gas or a more massive companion to help their surfaces to stay warm.

Telos can get away with being a close moon to Olu'm, receiving enough tidal force and irradiation to keep itself warm and its oceans liquid.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hey uh... I found a glitch:

7eA3VCL.png

plR7uri.pngThis is at Kerbin's new moon

Oooo errr... I assume you're in 64 bit. I've just got home so I'll load up the game and have a look. How long was the save active for? (How long were you in the game for before this happened)? And also, is this your first install of the mod, or has it just occurred?

Also, does this happen for any other planets? (Sorry for all the questions!)

Edited by Gameslinx

9 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Oooo errr... I assume you're in 64 bit. I've just got home so I'll load up the game and have a look. How long was the save active for? (How long were you in the game for before this happened)? And also, is this your first install of the mod, or has it just occurred?

Also, does this happen for any other planets? (Sorry for all the questions!)

So, this is the first install, I started the game with the mod,I think I saw it as soon as I downloaded it but thought that it would go away, and it's fine in the tracking station as well as all the other planets (I think), they might be doing the same thing. I also use a mac.

Edit: It seems that it only looks like that in the map view. It looks fine in spaceship view.

Edit 2: :P I re-loaded the save and it looks fine in map view now... I have no idea what's going on xD

Edited by PixelStory2

So, this is the first install, I started the game with the mod,I think I saw it as soon as I downloaded it but thought that it would go away, and it's fine in the tracking station as well as all the other planets (I think), they might be doing the same thing. I also use a mac.

I'm not getting this issue.

Yz6FitO.jpg

Have you got the following folders in your GAMEDATA:

• Olei
  • CTTP
  • Kopernicus
  • Modular Flight Integrator
  • ModuleManager.dll
  • INSTANTIAOR
  • CustomAsteroids
  • Scatterer
  • EVE

If the problem still occurs, try pressing alt+f12, look at 'console' and if you see any red or orange, tell me!

It may be that you're using a Mac :P 

12 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Edit 2: :P I re-loaded the save and it looks fine in map view now... I have no idea what's going on xD

Did you Hyper-Edit to the planet?

Sometimes Hyperediting around causes the planet to not load correctly and the PQSMods that form the terrain won't load. A simple quicksave + quickload fixes this.

Edited by Gameslinx

Just now, Gameslinx said:

I'm not getting this issue.

Yz6FitO.jpg

Have you got the following folders in your GAMEDATA:

• Olei
  • CTTP
  • Kopernicus
  • Modular Flight Integrator
  • ModuleManager.dll
  • INSTANTIAOR
  • CustomAsteroids
  • Scatterer
  • EVE

If the problem still occurs, try pressing alt+f12, look at 'console' and if you see any red or orange, tell me!

It may be that you're using a Mac :P 

I don't have EVE Or Scatterer. I checked the console (I re-loaded the save) and there was nothing concerning. I'll check If it happens again.

Also it'd be cool to have a Discord for this mod xD