[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Hmm... I sorta get why people don't like the earthy planets, but this pack has been unique from the start. Just look at Niebotos, or Olu'um. What's so bad about having one slightly unrealistic pack in a sea of realistic ones? I love it. And I put a cool picture from neibos as my phone's home screen, cos that's how awesome the rings look. ( I would post it, but I'm stupid and I cant figure out how!) 

26 minutes ago, "Landed.at.Jool" said:

Hmm... I sorta get why people don't like the earthy planets, but this pack has been unique from the start. Just look at Niebotos, or Olu'um. What's so bad about having one slightly unrealistic pack in a sea of realistic ones? I love it. And I put a cool picture from neibos as my phone's home screen, cos that's how awesome the rings look. ( I would post it, but I'm stupid and I cant figure out how!) 

If you upload your image to an image hosting site like Imgur (.com), you can copy the image link and put it here.

I'm glad you enjoy the planet pack - It's approaching its third month of development! :) 

56 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

If you upload your image to an image hosting site like Imgur (.com), you can copy the image link and put it here.

I'm glad you enjoy the planet pack - It's approaching its third month of development! :) 

I started one, halfway through the first planet, and then my computer died without saving. Yay.(Mine isn't released yet, it probably won't be for ages cos I'm trying to make it decent before i put it on the forums)

On 28/03/2017 at 7:10 PM, The White Guardian said:

altitude vs. heat-per-frame

Ahhhh that makes a lot more sense

If I set it to a negative number, will that reduce heat? I'm thinking that the further away from the lava you are, you cool down more (if your temperature is 2000 yet the lava is 1000, your temperature should decrease)

As in, 

Hazardous ocean

{

0 3500

10 -5

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Ahhhh that makes a lot more sense

If I set it to a negative number, will that reduce heat? I'm thinking that the further away from the lava you are, you cool down more (if your temperature is 2000 yet the lava is 1000, your temperature should decrease)

As in, 

Hazardous ocean

{

0 3500

10 -5

AFAIK it adds the temperature on the y-axis to the craft every frame, so negative could work, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. The curve you posted here means that people can just hover over 10m and cool down immensely fast.

Your best bet would be to gradually decrease the temperature-per-frame taking heat radiation into account. I'm willing to write the curve for you if you'd like, I made one for Cyran to simulate it's superheated atmosphere and heat radiation.

9 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

AFAIK it adds the temperature on the y-axis to the craft every frame, so negative could work, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. The curve you posted here means that people can just hover over 10m and cool down immensely fast.

Your best bet would be to gradually decrease the temperature-per-frame taking heat radiation into account. I'm willing to write the curve for you if you'd like, I made one for Cyran to simulate it's superheated atmosphere and heat radiation.

Don't worry about a heat curve - either way - getting too close to lava = dead!

Little question about this mod, it "just" add new planets and moon or does it replace the stock solar system like Galileo? I have some stations and bases in the stock system and i don't want to delete them when adding the mod.

And, I think the question have been asked several times but what about the compatibility with outters planets mod?

Thanks for help.

Edited by AstroValou

39 minutes ago, AstroValou said:

Little question about this mod, it "just" add new planets and moon or does it replace the stock solar system like Galileo? I have some stations and bases in the stock system and i don't want to delete them when adding the mod.

And, I think the question have been asked several times but what about the compatibility with outters planets mod?

Thanks for help.

1) No stock planets are changed. Not even Eeloo.

2) It has full compatibility. No planets will collide - one of them comes close, but that's a feature so you can jump between the planets and get a boost out to the veeeeery far out planets in this pack. let me know if there are issues!

27 minutes ago, AstroValou said:

Wow, what a quick answer, great thanks to you, i'll test it soon :D

I'm always checking my email for replies.

It's become second nature that every 10 minutes or so I refresh gmail!

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

well i WAS tagged in something.. maybe not :)

Sorry - I removed it because I (sort of) figured the issue out.

I'm trying to set the home planet to one of those from my pack. I've managed to do that, but now I need to add the SpaceCenter to the planet. I've got a config set up, but it's lodged halfway in the terrain!

28 minutes ago, Galileo said:
PQSCity
			{
				KEYname = KSC
				latitude = 0
				longitude = 40.67
				repositionRadiusOffset = 3062
				repositionToSphereSurface = True
				lodvisibleRangeMult = 6
				reorientFinalAngle = 78
			}

When repositionToSphereSurface is true, it is still waaaay below it. I've also tried setting it to 'True', '1' and even 'Yes' (lol). am I missing something?

dont use that setting. That is the lazy way to do it and its not always accurate

Also, you dont have the MapDecal in your cfg? why not? its pretty necessary. it flattens out the terrain you want to put your KSC on. otherwise, well everything winds up in the ground

You need to adjust the absoluteOffset in the MapDecal to be equal to the altitude of the terrain you want KSC to be on

then you need to adjust

repositionRadiusOffset = 3062

to be -9 of your absoluteOffset value. (-9 is just what i use, but it works)

Edited by Galileo

8 minutes ago, Galileo said:

dont use that setting. That is the lazy way to do it and its not always accurate

Also, you dont have the MapDecal in your cfg? why not? its pretty necessary. it flattens out the terrain you want to put your KSC on. otherwise, well everything winds up in the ground

I've got the MapDecal, I just didn't put it in the snippet there.

I won't use the lazy way, then :wink: 

Hi, there some bad news, I tried to install your mod and each I try load or launch a new game, i have a infinite loading (i tried to wait 15 min without). I tested differents configs and I always have the same results each time i copy Olei and Instantiation folders in Game Data and create a new game or load a save...

Edit: i think i found the root of the problem

Edit2: I didn't find it at all...

Edit3: Works better if I begin by add your mod first

Edited by AstroValou

7 hours ago, AstroValou said:

Hi, there some bad news, I tried to install your mod and each I try load or launch a new game, i have a infinite loading (i tried to wait 15 min without). I tested differents configs and I always have the same results each time i copy Olei and Instantiation folders in Game Data and create a new game or load a save...

Edit: i think i found the root of the problem

Edit2: I didn't find it at all...

Edit3: Works better if I begin by add your mod first

What other mods do you have installed?