[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Just now, Gamel0rd1 said:

Ah, so you can't move them around, just form the planet around existing ones? So if I keep the anomaly PQSMOD that means I can go to the monolith's coordinates on the new planet and it should be there? This requires extensive testing!

Exactly. But you will have to change a tweak quite a bit to get some to appear on the surface. Some special anomalies have a fixed position and your height map will need to be altered for you to see them. If you just want monoliths, they automatically snap to the terrain surface.

10 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Tip: In the configs of your atmospheric planets, the pressure is in terms of 1 atmosphere = 100, not 10/1.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean pressure 100 is Kerbin's atmospheric pressure?

15 minutes ago, electricpants said:

Yes.

So 100 in a config is equal to Kerbin's atmospheric pressure.

Cheers. I'll update the atmospheres accordingly. Looks like 100 is a percentage. So 150 would be 150%, and 50 would be 50%. Sounds good. Should have realistic enough atmospheres for each planet tomorrow, then!

1 hour ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Cheers. I'll update the atmospheres accordingly. Looks like 100 is a percentage. So 150 would be 150%, and 50 would be 50%. Sounds good. Should have realistic enough atmospheres for each planet tomorrow, then!

No, nonononono!

It's an entirely different function!

Multiply the pressure in atm by exactly 101.325!

Also, if you want to go for a realistic atmosphere... I'm going to send you the beta version of the spreadsheet I've been working on, it should allow for a basic atmosphere framework.

I love the KSP modding community. So much willingness to collaborate and help each other and make better and better mods for everyone!

Great job everyone, it's neat to see all the "mod1 by x and mod2 by y allowed me to do z" stuff that happens in these threads! 

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@Gamel0rd1 Atmosphere pressures in KSP are (float?) numbers, not percentages. One Kerbin atmosphere is 101.325 kPa. Then Olu'um which I believe has 6 atm should have 101.325 * 6 for its sea level value.

My spreadsheet will do the math automatically :wink:

But yeah, that's the function, and also what the Y value of the first point on the pressureCurve should be.

@Gamel0rd1 (I dont have the footage, but i know the bug, and this only happened to me once, so...) So basically i was just wandering the Kerbol system and went to Olemut, but at 3117m ( above the terrain) the satellite suddenly "crashed" into Olemut, and the log showed up.

I think this is just a bug.

Yeah. Short story.

:/

12 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

@Gamel0rd1 (I dont have the footage, but i know the bug, and this only happened to me once, so...) So basically i was just wandering the Kerbol system and went to Olemut, but at 3117m ( above the terrain) the satellite suddenly "crashed" into Olemut, and the log showed up.

Yeah. Short story.

Ooooo that's serious. Do you know where it was (latitude, longitude)? Can you recreate the bug? Are you sure you didn't timewarp into Olemut? So many variables!

49 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Yeah. Short story.

yay more craters :D!!!

2 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

Questions 1 and 2, No. 3? Yes, but i was way above the surface.

You say you were around 3117m above the surface. I'm quite sure Olemut's highest peak is well above that, topping 7000. Not sure because I can't remember the heightmap deformity off the top of my head, but 3000 seems very low.

I imagine you simply crashed into the peak whilst you were time warping

8 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

There was no peak when i crashed into Olemut.

And the rest of the debris fell 16.2 km away from the crash.

It (the debris) couldn't have survived below the Hitbox.

You're right, there's no peak. I've checked the orbit and at 3117 there is nothing to crash into. After time warping to max and circulating around the planet, I didn't crash or randomly explode. If you have footage of the bug I'd love to see it!

Speaking of Olemut, I've smoothed its terrain so that it's not darn difficult to land on it!

mWLzHvM.jpg

On 11/03/2017 at 3:29 AM, Theglitchofthekraken said:

http://imgur.com/a/3ppTH <-This. (Sorry for Hyperedit, i use that to get around easily.)

I can't see the image. It's not loading

3 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Time for the big reveal!

Olu'um doesn't have rings anymore... It has an accretion disk!

15lB9HS.jpg

w0iN39F.jpg

That makes me want to visit this planet even more! :D

Also, were you always wanting to do that to Olu'um?

Edited by electricpants

Of course it does! (It scales with Olu'um's rotation. Might need to be made faster. Unfortunately the outside and inside spin at the same speeds, whereas IRL the inside would be much faster. Ah well - looks nice!)

Edited by Gamel0rd1

15 minutes ago, electricpants said:

That makes me want to visit this planet even more! :D

Also, were you always wanting to do that to Olu'um?

I had in mind that Olu'um was a borderline dwarf star (Hot Giant, more like), that's why you heat up when you get inside Verex's orbit. I read about accretion disks the other day and... oh boy!

8 minutes ago, electricpants said:

The mods aren't gonna like that. :wink:

Edited accordingly. I said nothin'