[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

Just to clear things up, i didn't mean it was impossible as in it couldn't happen i meant it was almost impossible to have something like that on a fully formed system like Kerbin, given that Kerbin would have took millions of years to form.

Welcome to the forums!

The updates are about once a month, or maybe a few weeks. The 0.16 update took about 1 month from 0.15. So it might take time before we get 0.17. Also feel free to post anything you want about your thoughts on 0.17 in this thread!

There have been NO regular updates - they come at all sorts of different times. Squad were trying very hard to get down to a month an update, but some of the code that has gone in has been very hard to get working and debugged and took longer than they wanted.

I suspect that updates will become more frequent once all the underlying code is in and they are just adding gameplay and content - things like new solar systems, new planets, new missions and so on - and applying bug-fixes. That sort of work can be broken up into short development cycles much more easily!

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm most excited for the internal views! I hope we can get a first person view from their helmets so we can go on exploring other planets in first person, this would be more of an immersive gameplay experience, walking around looking for your landing site and trying to find your rockets again. This would be amazing because you now have to know precisely where you're landing, and you can't just land anywhere you want any more on the Mun.

You have to land where you set up base!

I really think it would be for the best of the game if they take away the orbital view when you're landed and added a third person (close view) or made it first. We'll see in 0.17!

Hey to all of those who were wondering (myself included) why we couldn't see the pictures from Nova's dev album linked in this thread:

It's 100% due to restrictions on Curious George (<10 posts) rank. The second I jumped up to 'Bottle Rocketeer' I could see all the embedded pictures perfectly and access Nova's dev album.

Just wanted to let people know I got to the bottom of that. Thanks.

On a more on-topic note: I can't wait for .17!

Yea, all rocks and trees are scattering, and to add colliders to them/make them solid would make the game a lot laggier depending on your scatter density percentage, but I don't know much how the terrain collider mesh is handled, so the scattering basically is all the rocks and trees you see with scattering on in the game.

I think restricting the preview images to those with greater than 10 posts has no benefit and only encourages spam/content-less posts. Like this one. I'd rather the community be based on quality than quantity. I often don't have much to say and wish I wasn't forced to make something up just so I can have fun seeing the development progression as well.

Besides, the scatters are not really finished at this point, and a better solution than individual colliders for each rock and tree might crop up at some point.

Or a better system will be created, although scatters are mainly eye candy.

nova you are starting to get now my nevers about 0.17 planet just tell us about how many planets there are now or any other hints beside picuters.

Or how about you read his previous posts which explain what he's making?

Not in this update. For now, 4 rocky planets and 1 gas planet.

Why is nobody speculating on the scenarios? You could make some interesting ones, like the challenges.

Either they could be like milestone challenges such as, "Launch something and land without any negligent homicide".

Or this could be a way of starting mid mission, "you are now in such and such an orbit, rendezvous with another craft without hitting any moons planets or other objects at kraken speeds".

Or challenges

"collide two craft at 3Kms total speed... it'll be awesome"

"EVA jeb 4 different objects"

Amusing side note, there should be a message that pops up at certain speeds "Kraken Drive ENGAGED" or "The Kraken wakes from its slumber"something...