KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

[quote name='EnigmaG']Here is a [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111159-BETA-1-0-5-KSP-Interstellar-Extended-1-6-1-%2816-11-2015%29?p=1746443&viewfull=1#post1746443"]list [/URL], i like CO2.[/QUOTE]

I spend some time now trying and tinkering with fuels and best results i got with just liquid :)
with 5000 units i got 23k delta-v

[quote name='2-Zons']I am using KSP-I for the first time. I can't seem to get any of the reactors to work. I am using these mods:
MechJeb,Tweak Scale, SCANsat, RealChute, WaypointManager, Sounding Rockets, Modular Rocket Systems, and Adjustable Landing Gear.

Whenever I put a reactor on a vessel I get no heat. I've tried with and without generator, heat-sinks, and thermal rockets. Nothing seems to work. I don't get the thermal manager window in the VAB that I have seen reference to in some tutorials. It looks like many people are using the mod fine with 1.05. Is there something that I am missing? I also don't get the reactor shutdown/ startup option in EVA. I've used an engineer, scientist, and pilot. Any ideas to try and help me figure this out would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Could you please post an image of the Reactor info screen. Edited by FreeThinker

[quote name='gary85']ye i see it now thx.
just now to figure out what is most efficient[/QUOTE]
Try it with a thermal nozzle and Liquid Nitrogen with large atmosphere processors. It may not be the most efficient but you refill your nitrogen as long as you are in the atmosphere.

[quote name='2-Zons']I am using KSP-I for the first time. I can't seem to get any of the reactors to work. I am using these mods:
MechJeb,Tweak Scale, SCANsat, RealChute, WaypointManager, Sounding Rockets, Modular Rocket Systems, and Adjustable Landing Gear.

Whenever I put a reactor on a vessel I get no heat. I've tried with and without generator, heat-sinks, and thermal rockets. Nothing seems to work. I don't get the thermal manager window in the VAB that I have seen reference to in some tutorials. It looks like many people are using the mod fine with 1.05. Is there something that I am missing? I also don't get the reactor shutdown/ startup option in EVA. I've used an engineer, scientist, and pilot. Any ideas to try and help me figure this out would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Give it a shot with this setup and see what happens. Post a screenshot with the info screens open.

If this does not work, it is probably an incompatible mod, I use mechjeb, and scansat, but besides that I dont know the rest. (this will actually launch with upgrades and Carbon dioxide as the fuel, but it will not make space)

If you cannot right click the reactor with this setup and get a button that brings up the interface, delete warpPlugin folder and reinstall it because old versions will cause that bug.

[URL="http://postimg.org/image/pe4xj0899/full/"][IMG]http://s30.postimg.org/fgtwpy0nl/image.png[/IMG][/URL] Edited by Profit-

[quote name='2-Zons']OK, I reinstalled the WarpPlugin folder, and I also noticed I was missing the 000_Toolbar folder. Put that in and it works fine now. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

You are most welcome and we are glad you are flying.

[Quote] For the last version of all mentioned mods [B]before[/B] 1.0.5:

I'm trying to get KSPI-E and RealFuels/RO to work together.

The current fuels patches work fine.
However, neither mechjeb, nor KerbalEngineer, are able to calculate deltaV or thrust... or Isp correctly.

Second problem is that all nuclear thermal rocket engines, whatever the fuel or reactor size, only have one Isp and one thrust rating. For example, the Molten Salt reactor paired with a second level thermal rocket nozzle will produce 500kN@1000isp whether it is running on LqdHydrogen or kerosene.[/QUOTE]

SolverEngines is not the problem. Neither AJE nor RealismOverhaul contain any patches that modify the bahvior of KSPI-E engines.

[quote name='FightMe']I hate to ask a question that might have already been addressed, but i cant seem to find the alcubeirre drives. I can see them at the end of the tech tree, but they aren't in my part directories. Is this a CKAN problem?[/QUOTE]
Its under: \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin\Parts\Electrical

[quote name='Nansuchao']Do you have any exception in the log?[/QUOTE]

good idea, i should have checked before asking.
no exceptions in the log. i am running FAR, so i wonder if it's related to the complexity of the model? it's from Pork Jet's Atomic Age mod right? i might see if anyone is reporting something similar for that.
Thanks

Hello,

I got an odd bug where all my reactors seem to have a max power 1/500th of what they supposed to have.

Like this antimatter reactor that has a max power of 240 MW opposed to 120 GW.

[url=https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AADPRgDf7IW4ek4pClQy47URhEyLWzu3SIB-OteRYMkkLA/12/75597395/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/2015-11-26_00001.jpg/EJLX1DoYDiACKAI/Woj-Snr_jsRxMoUU6x3C7WIIqPmLqBMecnwzOh22fJ8?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3] [img]https://photos-3.dropbox.com/t/2/AADPRgDf7IW4ek4pClQy47URhEyLWzu3SIB-OteRYMkkLA/12/75597395/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/2015-11-26_00001.jpg/EJLX1DoYDiACKAI/Woj-Snr_jsRxMoUU6x3C7WIIqPmLqBMecnwzOh22fJ8?size=1600x1200&size_mode=3[/img] [/url]

Currently I have the following mods installed:

[code]
Active Texture Management
Collision_FX-3.3a.zip
Community_Tech_Tree-2.2.zip
ContractConfigurator_1.8.3.zip
Distant_Object_Enhancement_bis-v1.6.4.zip
EngineLighting-1.4.1.zip
EVA_Enhancements-1.0.0.zip
Ferram_Aerospace_Research-v0.15.5.3_von_Helmholtz.zip
Final_Frontier-0.8.9-1414.zip
FShangarExtender_3.4.6.zip
InterstellarFuelSwitch_1.18.zip
KASA_-_IXS_Command_Module_1.0-1.0.zip
KAS_v0.5.5.zip
KAX_v2.6.1.zip
KerbalEngineer-1.0.18.0.zip
Kerbal_Foundries_Wheels_and_Repulsors_ALPHA-1.9g.zip
Kerbal_Konstructs-0.9.5.0.1.zip
KerbinSide-1.0.5.zip
KIS_v1.2.3.zip
Kopernicus.0.5.2.zip
KSP-AVC-1.1.5.0.zip
KSPInterstellar-v0.13.zip
KSPI_Extended_1.6.1.zip
KW Release Package v2.7.zip
MechJeb2-2.5.3.0.zip
Outer_Planets_Mod-1.8.1.zip
PlanetaryBaseInc_0_2_10.zip
RealPlume_v10.4.8.zip
SETI-CommunityTechTree-0.9.5.zip
SETI-Contracts-0.9.4.zip
SmokeScreen-2.6.9.0.zip
SpaceY_Expanded-0.9.zip
SpaceY_Heavy_Lifters_Parts_Pack-1.5.zip
TaurusHCVr1.5.2.zip
Toolbar-1.7.10.zip
TweakScale_-_Rescale_Everything!-v2.2.5.zip
WarpDrive_0.3.0.0.zip
Waypoint_Manager-2.4.3.zip
[/code]

I know it's a lot of mods, but none of them should interfere with each other. I tried turning off the SETI mods and trying new saves in sandbox and career; however, nothing seemed to work. If anyone could give me an insight into this it would be most welcome.

Cheers,
c4fusion

@FreeThinker

Thanks for the insight, it is now working the way it should. I have AnyOS installed and I thought I had already removed SETI from KSP, but in reality did not.

Sorry, I wasn't able to find the USI_NG_Mode.ini in my KSP folder, but I did find the SETI-CommunityTechTree.cfg file that seems to reference the whole 500 business. Not touching that.

Cheers,
c4fusion

P.S. You have an awesome mod here.

[quote name='Nansuchao']I use KSPIE with Far and stock and I don't feel a great difference. Most of KSPI engines are very good in vacuum, so Far or stock doesn't make any difference. In atmosphere I love the way they works with Far, but maybe they're ok also in stock.[/QUOTE]

problem is i cant land on eve with my spaceplane even if i go as shallow as i can from 100km robit. So maybe far will fix it.

It seems there are three different nuclear fuels available. I noticed that some reactors use ThF4, some use UF4 and some use Enriched Uranium. While trying to figure it out I found a post saying UF4 was replaced with Enriched Uranium, but again, UF4 is still used by some reactors. It's not a huge issue, but the ISRU units only harvest the Enriched Uranium, as opposed to the UF4, meaning the reactors that use UF4 couldn't be refueled on other worlds. Is this intentional or am I missing something?

[quote name='gary85']problem is i cant land on eve with my spaceplane even if i go as shallow as i can from 100km robit. So maybe far will fix it.[/QUOTE]

To land a spaceplane on Eve is a terrible endeavour also with FAR. You need to circularize a very low orbit and set a periapsis just a little in the atmosphere. Then slowly make the atmosphere brake you under orbital speed. On the descent phase you'll have great heat, so bring airbrakes with you and with a lot of patience, you'll be able to land.
One solution with KSPI-E is to use a Attila Thruster under your fuselage, where is your CoM, to manage your vertical speed. Beware that in Far, with the great atmo pressure, you risk to rip your wings during descent but also during ascent.

With FAR i had to try 10 times before i even came in kerbens orbit without losing the wings. [in stock No problem]
Aerobraking was ok.(96km orbit to 58km target Periaps Pitch 20°)
Fliege over Eve impossible [in stock No problem]
lost my winglets at 8000m and 230m/s

Edited by EnigmaG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.