KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

DUMBO, Gas Core Rector, and all new engines that includes reactor part
Intresting, what all these parts have in common is that they can only operate in Bimoddel mode when Improved Nuclear Power is unlocked. THe actualy verification only happens in carrer/science mode mode and not in sandbox mode. It might be that the verification test is causing the lag. It would explain all observed behavior.

Intresting, what all these parts have in common is that they can only operate in Bimoddel mode when Improved Nuclear Power is unlocked. THe actualy verification only happens in carrer/science mode mode and not in sandbox mode. It might be that the verification test is causing the lag. It would explain all observed behavior.

I have Improved Nuclear Power unlocked in my career, just so you know. But I can guess, this problem appeared when we got those fancy new engines. I love their reliability in career mode, so I can't wait to use them with generators. :rolleyes:

DUMBO, Gas Core Rector, and all new engines that includes reactor part

Unfortunately, there are no exeptions in log, all clear

All tests were performed on a Launch Pad, in some cases I've used Hyper Edit to achieve 100km orbit around Kerbin, but that makes no difference

Here is my GameData listing, with some explanations:

[x] Science!\

000_Toolbar\

ActiveTextureManagement\

AdjustableLandingGear\

AsteroidDay\

B9_Aerospace\ Procedural Wings

BahaSP\ AdjustableLandingGear Library

Chatterer\

CoherentContracts\

CommunityResourcePack\

ContractConfigurator\

ContractPacks\

ContractsWindow\

CrossFeedEnabler\

CrowdSourcedScience\

Diazo\ Active Groups Editor

DistantObject\

DMagicOrbitalScience\

Firespitter\

FreedomTex\ Texture Pack for Procedural Parts

HaystackContinued\

HeatManagement\

InterstellarFuelSwitch\

JSI\

KAS\

KerbalFlightIndicators\

KerbalJointReinforcement\

Kerbaltek\ Hyper Edit

KIS\

Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal\

KSP-AVC\

MechJeb2\

Mk2Expansion\

ModRocketSysLite\ Parts pack

ModularFuelTanks\

ModuleRCSFX\

NearFutureProps\

NearFutureSpacecraft\

Nereid\ Save plugin for backups

NMSG\ is No More Science Grinding mod

PartCommander\

Pilot Assistant\

PlaneMode\

ProceduralParts\

QuickScroll\

RadialEngineMountsPPI\

RcsSounds\

SCANsat\

ScienceAlert\

Squad\

StarLionIndustries\ KSPIE integration, which is now deleted due errors

StockBugFixModules\

StockClamshellFairings\

StretchySNTextures\ another texture pack for Procedural Parts

StripSymmetry\

TacFuelBalancer\

TextureReplacer\

ThrottleControlledAvionics\

TriggerTech\ Alarm clock and Alternative Resource Panel

TweakScale\

UmbraSpaceIndustries\ Life Support

UniversalStorage\

WarpPlugin\

WaypointManager\

This is interesting, I just checked my game and I just tried a nuclear ramjet in a career mode and it did not lag... (My ship crashed repeatedly as I have no skill at planes but it did so at 30+fps.)

The Tory Nuclear ramjet is also ok. (except it is producing 0 thrust at full power)

I will check a dumbo next.

*edit: Alright I can reproduce the low FPS with the dumbo. This setup here slows the game to a crawl with no mods.

image.png

This one here using fusion (P-Boron) does not lag at all.

image.png

The bug with the tory (Thrust but not FPS):

image.png

Edited by Profit-

the latest from ABZB does work, yes. still throws about 30 modulemanager errors, but it no longer prevents KSP from loading.

Freethinker - I think the problem I and some others have with the TTJ was the sudden and unexpected nerf to it. Also I think there is still a bug in how it's reporting thrust, since Diazo's vertical velocity mod is not able to understand the throttle requirements anymore, and it did before you made the changes to the engine. I think the TTJ may be more underpowered than you have programmed it to be, at the moment. Diazo's mod seems to think that it can hover at about half the actual required throttle, so I believe there is something still wrong here (ie, it's not performing how you intended it to be).

ABZB has got the latest version functioning together with KSPIE :D

yeah, I kind of rushed a release to get it out before the holiday started, and had almost as many errors as ET. [i only just realized the comparison about thirty seconds or so ago]

[h=2]Version 1.5.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4[/h] Released on 2015-10-01

• Proportionally Increased mass and power Pebble Bed reactor by 50%
  • Fixed DUMBO starting tech to Fusion Rockets
  • Fixed frame-rate performance issue with engines in career/science games
  • Improved thrust performance Turbojets

Version 1.5.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4

Released on 2015-10-01

YAY! I am very happy to see this update =)

I shall get to testing it shortly.

* I feel silly asking this, but where is the Hexa-borate storage for the P-Boron Fusion mode with the reactors? Anyone know?

Edited by Profit-

Well, instead of bothering with balancing thermal jets couldn't you use real life solutions? Just create 2 versions of atmospheric/hybrid rocket nozzle, one for subsonic speeds (turbojet) and second for hypersonic high mach number (ramjet/scramjet).

Thank you FreeThinker for doing great job with interstellar :)

cheers

So I just had an opportunity to test - the TTJ is actually LESS powerful than it was in 1.5.8. My VTOL spaceplane that could barely get off the ground with 3 1.25m TTJs at 100% throttle, now can't get off the ground at all. the 1.25m TTJ attached to an antimatter reactor is maxing out at about 190kN - the craft is 72t, so I need quite a bit more to get off the ground even with 3. Older versions of this mod, this plane was about 50t and got off the ground with one 1.25m TTJ at about half throttle. So, at zero velocity, using these things for VTOL, the power is considerably less than it was yesterday. The issue with signaling thrust to other mods is still there, too (see my previous post about the vertical velocity mod) - this is still broken.

ALL problems go away switching from Atmosphere to Hydrazine. Diazo's mod can hold a stable hover all day long on hydrazine. Used to do it on atmosphere, but not anymore. However now I can't get off the ground in atmospheric mode at all, so it's a larger problem :)

Question -- are there any plans in KSPI's future development that involve retiring the WasteHeat mechanic in favor of stock thermals? It seems like this is a legacy mechanic that is no longer necessary in the modern game. I am so averse to the WasteHeat mechanism that I typically power KSPI parts with NFE reactors, hand-modified to generate Megajoules; not to mention the fact that my parts list has "real radiators" from stock, Atomic Age, and Heat Control, and "KSPI radiators" that in many cases use the same models.

davidy12 I guess you change the value of maxAtmosphereDensity inside the module named VistaEngineController for it, but fusion engines running inside an atmosphere... shivers...

Don't care if I irradiate everything. The Kerbals are green. AND I WANT THEM GLOWING GREEN!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Where do I find the Vista controller?

Released on 2015-10-01

Good news everyone! This is great, thank you so much!

no significant change detected for thermal turbojet, still much worse than ATTILA (take into account research for 1500 science (aircraft branch), which is only for turbojet)

For the life of me, I can't get nuclear fuel reprocessing to work. It just says "no target". I was trying to do it on the same reactor that powers the ISRU. Can anyone help?

It's problably broken right because of the switch back to hexaflorite, I intend to fix it next version

- - - Updated - - -

no significant change detected for thermal turbojet, still much worse than ATTILA (take into account research for 1500 science (aircraft branch), which is only for turbojet)

In future versions I intend to boost performance with unlocked aircaft engine technology techs. So the higher your researched aircraft engine tech, the better the performance of the turbojet/ramjet becomes

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.