[1.10.1] Next Star Industries: BDArmory Weapons Extension has been merged with Next Star Industries.

v1.9 is coming along good. It's taking a bit longer this go round do to the fact I have completely redone all the models and textures and now have some animated parts as well. Texture will now come in .png format for those that wish to change/play around with them. Models are much higher ploy now hope this doesn't impact some peoples pc performance. They seem to run well on the smallest computer(i3 Samsung laptop) I have, so I don't think I have went to far overboard with the counts. I have fixed several issues I had going but hadn't noticed, like tabs in the editor showing particle systems. Adding all the new models into KSP for testing now and hope to have the new release by Friday this week. There will be a new part in this update that will most likely end up being the most controversial part ever created for KSP :cool: (if I can get it working more precisely).

19 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

v1.9 is coming along good. It's taking a bit longer this go round do to the fact I have completely redone all the models and textures and now have some animated parts as well. Texture will now come in .png format for those that wish to change/play around with them. Models are much higher ploy now hope this doesn't impact some peoples pc performance. They seem to run well on the smallest computer(i3 Samsung laptop) I have, so I don't think I have went to far overboard with the counts. I have fixed several issues I had going but hadn't noticed, like tabs in the editor showing particle systems. Adding all the new models into KSP for testing now and hope to have the new release by Friday this week. There will be a new part in this update that will most likely end up being the most controversial part ever created for KSP :cool: (if I can get it working more precisely).

Just curious, do you plan to add any Air-to-Air Missiles? I think BDA is lacking them.

On 8/2/2017 at 0:27 PM, dundun92 said:

Just curious, do you plan to add any Air-to-Air Missiles? I think BDA is lacking them.

I agree more AAs are needed, I don't think there will be any more nuclear versions unless I can find some info on any others besides the Diamondback. There won't be any new ones in the next update(because of all the remodeling that I have done), but now that I have everything up to speed, I will be looking at a few to do. Have anything particular in mind? Anything is a welcomed request, as long as I can model it and it doesn't come out to be 2 million polys.:D I can model pretty well, but completely suck at texturing.:) I have a couple fictional AA's brewing in the old brain. I'm wanting to do some more animation stuff as well. I'm trying to stick to a theme of WWII, Korea/Vietnam, Cold War, Iraq/Afagan, and future/fictional for career balancing.

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

4 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Thank you, I was just about to mention to @Next_Star_Industries about Russian missiles. Oh, don't forget the R-27, R-77, and R-73.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Next_Star_Industries said:

Maybe I should hold off on the update then and go ahead and do these. However there are some serious things annoying me with the current release I have that I want updated. What do you guys think wait and build more or finish the localisation and release this update and then start doing them?

Could you work on both?

1 minute ago, dundun92 said:

Could you work on both?

I have 16 lines left to translate into like 8 languages it shouldn't take about an hour to finish up. Then I'll go ahead and start making these and most likely all of them listed. Most of these look pretty basic as far as modeling goes, so yeah I have changed my mind on the release today and I'm going to add these so it will push me back a couple days for an update.

Just now, XOC2008 said:

I don't care which.. but now I have to build a MiG-31 for that R-37.

:D

32 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

I don't care which.. but now I have to build a MiG-31 for that R-37.

Need much Russian ordnance.

WZ0q6JU.jpg

Soviet/Russian bombs too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aerial_bombs_of_Russia

I'd say so :). Russian and German GP bombs are already in the list for the 1.10 update along with some tank turrets(have to figure out the transforms first).  They are coming though, it's looking like a couple more weeks until released now, as I have already started modeling these AAs :P. I'll try to get v1.9 out by Sunday evening, the R-37 will take a little configuring to get to that mach 6 number. So v1.9 will include all of these AAs you guys requested.

Released v1.9 New Russian type AA missile as requested by @dundun92 and @XOC2008 R-77 and R-37 animations aren't cooperating with me. The R-37 is in game now but not animated ATM and I waited to add the R-77 until the next update. I'm rotating something is wrong in Blender and instead of destroying my computer I have taken a break from them. :/ 

version 1.9 - Started balancing for career mode. Fixed issue with particle effects displaying in the editor. Modified Honest John missiles. There are now 3 versions the original Honest John, the Improved Honest John, and a fictional longer range(100 km is the max distance ATM) GPS guided version of the original. Note: Don't use LR weapons beyond 95 km the physics break and weapons do strange things, until BDAc 1.0 is released I HAVE NO INFO OR ETA ON BDAc's NEXT UPDATE I'm not a part of the BDA team. Added more soundfx for explosions. New models and textures for most weapons. Textures are in .png format. Models are much higher poly count now. Please inform me of any major performance impacts so I can adjust counts to work across as many machines as possible. New formulas for blastPower and blastHeat(explained in the config files) they should be pretty accurate to real life now. Weapons are configured to use the real RDX explosive numbers for NSI's conventional weapons. New MK8x series casings. They are now simulating pre-fragmented casings, which increases their blastRadius by almost double. Added Sonic Boombox it creates a sonic boom sound effect when going in/out of the sound barrier(WIP) Need on/off check in code. If traveling at constant speed the clip keeps playing(very annoying). Doesn't work if acceleration is to high, skips past it. Updating localisation dictionary for new weapons and descriptions. Added R23r, R27r, R33, R37(WIP),R60, and R73 AA missiles.(WIP config files may need adjusting).

3 hours ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Released v1.9 New Russian type AA missile as requested by @dundun92 and @XOC2008 R-77 and R-37 animations aren't cooperating with me. The R-37 is in game now but not animated ATM and I waited to add the R-77 until the next update. I'm rotating something is wrong in Blender and instead of destroying my computer I have taken a break from them. :/ 

version 1.9 - Started balancing for career mode. Fixed issue with particle effects displaying in the editor. Modified Honest John missiles. There are now 3 versions the original Honest John, the Improved Honest John, and a fictional longer range(100 km is the max distance ATM) GPS guided version of the original. Note: Don't use LR weapons beyond 95 km the physics break and weapons do strange things, until BDAc 1.0 is released I HAVE NO INFO OR ETA ON BDAc's NEXT UPDATE I'm not a part of the BDA team. Added more soundfx for explosions. New models and textures for most weapons. Textures are in .png format. Models are much higher poly count now. Please inform me of any major performance impacts so I can adjust counts to work across as many machines as possible. New formulas for blastPower and blastHeat(explained in the config files) they should be pretty accurate to real life now. Weapons are configured to use the real RDX explosive numbers for NSI's conventional weapons. New MK8x series casings. They are now simulating pre-fragmented casings, which increases their blastRadius by almost double. Added Sonic Boombox it creates a sonic boom sound effect when going in/out of the sound barrier(WIP) Need on/off check in code. If traveling at constant speed the clip keeps playing(very annoying). Doesn't work if acceleration is to high, skips past it. Updating localisation dictionary for new weapons and descriptions. Added R23r, R27r, R33, R37(WIP),R60, and R73 AA missiles.(WIP config files may need adjusting).

Just curious, are you intending to do a 1.2.2/RBDA recompile?

1 hour ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Yes but there are 78 localisation entries to change :confused:

At least I can Copy-paste the things for the mk8x bombs...

So I feel like I did not install the mod correctly. as now in SPH, there's always two BDA weapons section after I dropped this mod inside my gameData folder. Now the weapon manager doesn't work, whenever I try to open the GUI, it always says weapon manager not found. As far as I know, inside the mod pack, there is one folder called BDArmory Weapons Extension, and one called NextStarIndustries. I dropped them both inside my gameData folder, with BDarmory already inside the gameData folder. So now when I open ksp, two BDA parts sections come up. Did I install the mods correctly?

Also, none of the guided bombs and missiles seem to hit their target, as if there's no guidance at all. Sometimes the bombs just explode midair 3-5 seconds after dropping. 

Please help!

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, william2002730 said:

So I feel like I did not install the mod correctly. as now in SPH, there's always two BDA weapons section after I dropped this mod inside my gameData folder. Now the weapon manager doesn't work, whenever I try to open the GUI, it always says weapon manager not found. As far as I know, inside the mod pack, there is one folder called BDArmory Weapons Extension, and one called NextStarIndustries. I dropped them both inside my gameData folder, with BDarmory already inside the gameData folder. So now when I open ksp, two BDA parts sections come up. Did I install the mods correctly?

Also, none of the guided bombs and missiles seem to hit their target, as if there's no guidance at all. Sometimes the bombs just explode midair 3-5 seconds after dropping. 

Please help!

Thanks!

Ok that's the problem you need to delete the NextStarIndustries folder that is the source code and it will fix it all. Or remove it from the KSP install.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.