[1.3] FPS drops caused by level 1 and 2 launchpad [modded] & [stock only] [solution in OP]

Recently I found a strange bug - I've noticed that I have 30 less FPS with the same craft on a runway in career mode comparing to sandbox.

I run heavy modded install, so I investigated mods could be involved in this (contract configurator, strategia, etc.)

But even without mods influencing career directly performance drop was the same.

Wasted several hours and found a culprit - it's building levels! Enabled cheat and maxed out space center - +30FPS gain..

Funny thing that it's happening with only runway (and does not depend on level of runway) in view and without other buildings.

Screens:

9xXGyTk.png

je2RODD.png

Also, reproduced in stock (less noticeable) :

a5YVmL7.png

MYE9eBv.png

Update: I've found the building causing FPS drop 15-30 in situations on screenshots above.

Also, space center view is also affected. Culprit is launch pad level 1 and level 2. Once upgraded to level 3, +15-30 FPS gain. Crazy stuff... 

Update: still don't believe my self, but it made my launches so much smoother... Because with rocket on launchpad difference is 35 FPS and 60-65 FPS 

Edited by evileye.x

That's weird indeed.

My first thought after reading was "Maybe the lower tier buildings are just superimposed, since the upgradable buildings were added at a later point in development, and maybe the game has to deal with all buildings tiers being present somehow" - but since you only report problems with runway and launchpad, this seems not to be the case.

So the only other idea I can come up with would that the lower tiers are missing some performance passes.

Although, I have to add, I never noticed this problem myself - but I play a heavily modded game and wouldn't be able to say what is bringing my fps down. :P

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.