[1.4.X] OSE Workshop Continued - KIS Addon

Aelfhe1m

17 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmm... Just tried recycling a few parts via a WBI MOLE habitat module... It discarded the parts, but I got no Materials Kits from them. The module in question was deployed before I installed the latest dev version of OSE.

Not able to do anything right now, but could you test it without WBI and let me know how it goes?

Hey, thanks for continuing this mod. I have a problem with several parts not being able to be printed. Like most of the MKS stuff, or really anything that doesn't have category specified. So even simple items like C3_FlatTank_01 from MKS doesn't appear in the workshop. Earlier if I remember correctly, there was a misc folder at the last tab, where everything else went. Can't something like this be done here?

Edited by bounty123

4 hours ago, bounty123 said:

Hey, thanks for continuing this mod. I have a problem with several parts not being able to be printed. Like most of the MKS stuff, or really anything that doesn't have category specified. So even simple items like C3_FlatTank_01 from MKS doesn't appear in the workshop. Earlier if I remember correctly, there was a misc folder at the last tab, where everything else went. Can't something like this be done here?

If a part doesn't have a category, then it can't be accessed in the VAB/SPH,right ? 

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If a part doesn't have a category, then it can't be accessed in the VAB/SPH,right ? 

Well they can all be accessed in VAB despite not having category (category=none in part cfg), for example Tundra Truss and Minitruss is under Kolonization, before mentioned tank is under Logistics. But there is no category for these in the Workshop. If I set category to Logistics for example in the cfg, it does not show up in the Workshop. If however I set category to Payload or Structural, they will show up in this category in the Workshop and also in VAB duplicated in these categories.

Edited by bounty123

Just now, bounty123 said:

Well they can all be accessed in VAB despite not having category (category=none in part cfg), for example Tundra Truss and Minitruss is under Kolonization, before mentioned tank is under Logistics. But there is no category for these in the Workshop. If I set category to Logistics for example in the cfg, it does not show up in the Workshop. If however I set category to Payload or Structural, they will show up in this category in the Workshop and also in VAB duplicated in these categories.

I see, so MKS is playing games in the editor.  Well, I'll look into it once I have a bug fixed.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, MaverickSawyer said:

Hmm... Just tried recycling a few parts via a WBI MOLE habitat module... It discarded the parts, but I got no Materials Kits from them. The module in question was deployed before I installed the latest dev version of OSE.

I was able to confirm this bug (resources not being returned after recycling).  I have it fixed locally, it will be in the next beta

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see, so MKS is playing games in the editor.  Well, I'll look into it once I have a bug fixed.

Yeah, probably something to do with CCK (Community Category Kit) addon also created by Roverdude, but I'm not sure. I'm quite positive though that sometime long ago there was a misc category with all these non standard category stuff included in the Workshop. Thanks for taking a look.

New beta, 1.2.7.7

• Added packing/unpacking option, configurable in settings    
  • Added destructor to WorkshopItem to dispose of icon properly
  • Fixed bug where recycled resources were not being returned to the vessel.  Now, recycled resources are returned at the end of the recycling process
  • Added damage caused by acceleration (optional)
  • Added new resource DuctTape
  • Added new part Duct.Tape
  • Added repair code
  • Added option to show all parts with a category of "none" in a Misc category (useful for MKS, among others)

Available here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Workshop/releases/tag/1.2.7.7

I think the only other change I'm going to make is to add support for IFS, other than bug fixes, that is.  I also need to create a recipe for the DuctTape

Workshop modules will be damaged by acceleration >2G when unpacked.  You will need duct tape to repair, be sure to pack some.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, 1.2.7.7

• Added packing/unpacking option, configurable in settings    
  • Added destructor to WorkshopItem to dispose of icon properly
  • Fixed bug where recycled resources were not being returned to the vessel.  Now, recycled resources are returned at the end of the recycling process
  • Added damage caused by acceleration (optional)
  • Added new resource DuctTape
  • Added new part Duct.Tape
  • Added repair code
  • Added option to show all parts with a category of "none" in a Misc category (useful for MKS, among others)

Available here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/Workshop/releases/tag/1.2.7.7

Can confirm the bug with recycling has been resolved.