Multiple KSP Installs

panarchist

I was curious how many others out there are running multiple instances of KSP. I have 5 of them set up on my computer.

KSP_Kerbalism - Kerbalism and compatible mods
KSP_USI - The USI constellation and Near Future mods
KSP_Pathfinder - Wild Blue Industries - Pathfinder, Heisenberg, BARIS, MOLE, Buffalo, a couple of the NF mods, and a few others
KSP_Stock - Stock install, no mods. This is because I've never visited all the planets and moons in the stock game (see my sig)
KSP_Testing - To test new mods, or to figure out what parts are in a given mod. (since I typically have 40-90 mods on my main games)

USI, Kerbalism, and WBI are for the most part completely incompatible with each other, and along with Near Future represent possibly the 4 most popular mod constellations - and I enjoy all of them, for different reasons.

I run KSP on a mid-2014 MacBook Pro under both OSX 10.11 and Windows 10 Pro (under BootCamp) - mostly under Windows. Another thing I did, since I was using the "standalone" KSP is merge the Windows and Mac installs (since the executables are different) so I can play the same save games no matter whether I am in MacOS or Windows. That part has worked flawlessly.

How about everyone else out there? Anyone else running multiple instances of KSP? Are you doing something similar, or totally different?

HEh.  Hahha.  HEHEheAHAHeHE.  So very, very, many.  Not as many as some here, but clean and modded copies of most every version (and a couple of betas) since .18.  I'm still on the task of bringing the kerbs in those installs home so I can archive the darn things already.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.