[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

My question is how they managed to kill the Kraken. I quite liked those fancy descriptions of what they did and how. With the mighty Kraken slain, no one knows how.

State secret. They could tell you...but then they'd have to send you on a spaceplane ride with Jeb.

Yes Stoup, you are right, all suggested names are equally as correct as each other, that is they are all equally incorrect :)

Names will not be finalized until release, until then, names are purely speculative.

Names will not be finalized until release, until then, names are purely speculative.

Until final release, that is?

So we can keep on arguing about whether Mun should have umlauts? That will help pass the time between versions.

(Yes, I mean that. Yes, that probably means I'm a sad human being.)

Until final release, that is?

So we can keep on arguing about whether Mun should have umlauts? That will help pass the time between versions.

(Yes, I mean that. Yes, that probably means I'm a sad human being.)

finalized until release of 0.17, not final release of the game?

Changing the anything of the Mun at this point would be not be good imo, just keep it the way it is.

Anyway, lets not get into that off topic stuff there.

Edited by TheProdigy

I believe sal_vager meant the final release of 0.17, and not the final release of KSP.

Although, Squad still has the right to change any aspect of their game, including names, at any point in time, although I find the probability of Squad changing the Mun's name to be along the same area as a pink elephant strolling across your living room. Possible, but unlikely.

New video on youtube!

Just seen OMG the sky looks so different and i found myself wondering what those planets where that you could see. Also looks like they tweaked the way space planes fly. am guessing as mine never fly that

That looks amazing... Every bit of it :P While I really love the cockpit view, I was really stunned by the new view of space during the daytime. It's simply fantastic!

Can't wait for .17 :)

inb4unrealismhaters.

Actually I don't care what they're going to say, I think that sky is awesome.

Can't wait to see the cockpit with instrument detail, this will without a doubt be my most-used view.

It's the only way to fly. :wink:

Edited by Spoot Knight

I really kind of like the idea of a "broken planet"

Though it's not really relevant to this version, it would be neat if there was one.

There used to be this theory in the old days that there was a 2nd Earth but it orbited precisely in sync with the Earth and was always obscured by the sun. So I think it would be interesting if the "broken planet" was like this, exactly opposite orbiting on the opposite side of the sun. Then that planet could have scattered ruins (advanced) A later reward could be like... obtaining new special parts depending on what bases you explore.

I'm pretty interested in the planets coming in this thing too though. Not sure how well I'll be able to get to em with my small craft I'm limited to.

Maybe if the stock game included probes you could launch that could be lighter than Kerbals? If we I'd feel bad about shooting them off to their doom on one way missions.

I guess my first interplanetary attempt will be to desert planet. For some reason, my people are 99% certain that the baren planet with no signs of life MUST have life. The existence of erosion sites vaguely resemble rivers.

Therefor, it must be rivers. There is no other explanation.