[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

"* Added a button on the Tracking Station to terminate an ongong flight (prompts for confirmation)."

Will this work for unmanned debris or just controllable flights? If it does work for debris it could make cleaning up spent stages and whatnot a lot easier...

That sounds rather good, does it have some special origin or was it just an idea of yours?

I thought of that actually, I think it should sound Greek (I think it's Greek) since Mars is called from the God of war. Desilius is made up. It reminds me of something though...

I think if it's something like that people will end up calling it 'Des' like it's a happy-go-lucky chubby bloke playing darts in an east end pub. I'm sure it'll be christened something wholly suitable and appropriate to the kerbal space program universe.

If you rendezvous two craft, do you think we'll be able to IVA and wave at each other through the windows?

I would love to see 2 moons orbiting on the same orbit at a very close range.... If you were orbiting one of the moons the other would be so close you could get captured in the seconds gravity well and get pulled in so your orbit would be like a figure 8.

I quoted FishyFishy.....

I would love to see 2 moons orbiting on the same orbit at a very close range.... If you were orbiting one of the moons the other would be so close you could get captured in the seconds gravity well and get pulled in so your orbit would be like a figure 8.

When I had intended to quote Paprika.....

I think if it's something like that people will end up calling it 'Des' like it's a happy-go-lucky chubby bloke playing darts in an east end pub. I'm sure it'll be christened something wholly suitable and appropriate to the kerbal space program universe.

While I like that name and your description, I'm sure Nova has a list of all suggested names and is deliberately not going to use any of them, so it's probably best not to make suggestions as the list of names not guessed must be getting quite small by now :)

Edited by sal_vager

Just wondering, Will heat be implemented in 0.17? I.E. If you get near the sun or fall into the gas giant will your ship overheat over time? Or will it just explode as soon as you cross a "Barrier" of sorts?

I don't know about Kerbol, but you will explode if you fall deep enough into the gas giant.

Just a couple Idea's for y'all while we're at it.

Red in different languages "piros"-Hungarian, "puna" - Finnish, "merah" - Indonesian, "Dearg" - Irish, "Skola" - Lithuanian, "kızıl" - Turkish, "rujan" - Croatia.

Via Google Translate.

I quoted FishyFishy.....

When I had intended to quote Paprika.....

While I like that name and your description, I'm sure Nova has a list of all suggested names and is deliberately not going to use any of them, so it's probably best not to make suggestions as the list of names not guessed must be getting quite small by now :)

I wasn't trying to make a suggestion, I was trying to say what you said, but I went about it in a very garbled and incomprehensible way. I need to read what I write in future to make sure I don't spout any more nonsense, haha. Sorry for any confusion.

Just a couple Idea's for y'all while we're at it.

Red in different languages "piros"-Hungarian, "puna" - Finnish, "merah" - Indonesian, "Dearg" - Irish, "Skola" - Lithuanian, "kızıl" - Turkish, "rujan" - Croatia.

Via Google Translate.

Red in Finnish is punainen, puna is a shorter version for it. But punades? despun? :D