[1.7.3] After Kerbin

Gameslinx

Welcome to the Official Release thread for After Kerbin.

After Kerbin is based on the Stock solar system, but 4 billion years into the future, adding highly detailed and intuitive planets to your game.

We are in the process of setting up a DMP server. Spread the word!

Overview:

• This mod aims to add a completely new adventure as you begin on Duna (which has Kerbin's properties for ease) and explore and uncover the secrets of the future stock planets.
  • This mod adds highly detailed, 4k planets, each come with their own EVE and Scatterer configurations. 
  • Every single planet and moon has been adjusted and changed. Even Jool.
  • All planets have been tested and I have made sure both rockets and spaceplanes can function on each of them.

System Requirements:

• 5GB of RAM
  • KSP 64 bit

UjDNjlc.png

stgwx7s.png fHIa0NA.png

Donations are never asked for, but always appreciated! Help buy me another pizza if you enjoy the mod :) 

"Only during the last breath of life does the mind truly understand how lonely a species really is. Floating. In the dark. Guarded by nothing but the very nemesis which plagues the planet - loneliness, darkness, death." - Source Unknown, Year 7510, Solitude.

FAQ:

Is this planet mod compatible with present day mods?

• Yep! Even the visual mods will work together (they didn't with my previous planet mod), meaning you can install nearly any planet mod except those that also replace the home planet.

How much RAM do I need for this mod?

• It varies. I recommend around 5GB at least. If you struggle, lower your texture quality.

Watch @TheBeardyPenguin progress through conquering the Kerbal system for the final time in the hopes of saving kerbalkind.

DELTA V MAP

Spoiler

JV3kBAw.jpg

This mod follows the CC-BY-NC-ND licence.

Thank you for downloading!

Edited by Gameslinx
1.7.3 update

Awesome that it's released! I'll see what Reaper looks like with no visual mods. Also, how about a download option with no visual mods installed, for those of us who will never be able to use them and want to download it faster?

11 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Awesome that it's released! I'll see what Reaper looks like with no visual mods. Also, how about a download option with no visual mods installed, for those of us who will never be able to use them and want to download it faster?

Not really viable, I'm afraid. I only host mods on SpaceDock and so you'd have to remove the visuals yourself. It's only around 60MB for them, so it's not too much of a difference.

Most of these questions should be on the development thread, though. :P

Edited by Gameslinx

|  Is this true?       
|    ______    ______    _____   |
|    |  Yes   |   | Maybe |     |   No  | |
|     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄     ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄  |
______________________________ __ _

8 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

I have a little glitch on Jool Reaper, and I don't know if anyone else has this problem(My 3GB RAM makes it hard to know) but here's a screenshot:

1wJwygj.png

Not getting this bug. Will need logs. Make sure you're on 64 bit ksp, too.

Edited by Gameslinx

6 hours ago, AlexTheNotSoGreat said:

I'm just curious what has happened to Jool...

From what I know, the kerbals were just idiots and believed Jool was a gas giant because from a distance it had striped bands. In Gameslinxes universe Jool is, and always was a massive rocky planet.

(I wonder if there's any incredibly exotic life on Jool)

Edited by Planetace

Welcome to version 1.0.1.

• Increased Solitude's radius

• Lowered Solitude's gravity. Dv requirement for orbit is the same as Kerbin, still.

• Improved atmospheric effect for Solitude

• Rim fades correctly on Solitude

• Terrain no longer clips atmosphere on Solitude

• Fixed texturing aliasing on Guardian

• Lowered PQS MaxLevel to solve tiling problems on Guardian

• SMAs of Guardian and Nemesis increased to account for Solitude's radius increase

• KSC moved nearer to the cliff, and 1km lower down so that jet aircraft don't launch at their most inefficient curve height

For the ones who struggle with getting this to work, have 4G RAM and still don't know it yet:

Turn the texture quality to quarter res. This should work, i tested this myself.
(thanks to Gameslinx for telling me this)

10 hours ago, GenesisPlayz said:

For the ones who struggle with getting this to work, have 4G RAM and still don't know it yet:

Turn the texture quality to quarter res. This should work, i tested this myself.
(thanks to Gameslinx for telling me this)

Works with 3GB RAM at eighth-res textures.