JoolTube: Destroy the KSC!

SQUAD

I have to admit, I kind of hoped they would pick my Valkyrie video. But after watching about 30 seconds of this one I was cracking up, and realized they definitely picked the right one!

Well done!  :D

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, SpacedCowboy said:

Stranded, What made that vehicle (wife's car) so indestructible?

High-impact parts.The basic I-beam frame is rated at 80m/s, the cockpit at 40m/s, the Mk2 tank at 50m/s, and the wheels at 100m/s! The weak battery and engine were protected, and the solar was safe unless it turned turtle, which would force me to F9 anyways. I tried making one that could drive upside-down, but the weight and power penalty (plus a power-sucking glitch) made it unwieldy, and then it got side-stranded. So I decided I would just abuse F9.

But it did get destroyed twice in that video. No cheats were used. I even had to stop and recharge a few times!

E. When I built the car, I didn't look at the wheel stats; I just went with "ruggedized." I only saw the tolerance on the wheels when I looked it up for this post. So now in hindsight I should have been hitting things with the wheels. I may give it another run if the challenge gets extended...

E: E: Well, I've just confirmed the R3 can take down the VAB by sacrificing itself. More than it did before...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

4 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I have to admit, I kind of hoped they would pick my Valkyrie video. But after watching about 30 seconds of this one I was cracking up, and realized they definitely picked the right one!

Well done!  :D

They still can, they have done multiples in the past

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.