Would you like to go to Space?

NSEP

Would you like to go to space?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to go to Space?

2. 2. Do you actually believe you will get into space?

• Yes!
    • Dunno.
    • No, i don't think i will ever get into space.
    • No, i never wanted to to get into space anyways.
  3. 3. Where would you want to go?

13 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Must-have body mods for every post-human space dweller. Just like brain cyberimplants.

I suppose it wouldn't lose muscle mass like a biological heart does...but can it pump in such a way as to avoid blood rushing to the head in weightlessness? I think you'd need some software updates, but it might be possible.

13 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Must-have body mods for every post-human space dweller. Just like brain cyberimplants.

36 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I suppose it wouldn't lose muscle mass like a biological heart does...but can it pump in such a way as to avoid blood rushing to the head in weightlessness? I think you'd need some software updates, but it might be possible.

You guys are hilarious. Considering the number of hoops I would have to jump through just to get a private pilot's license, I'm going to guess that getting into orbit would be out of the question. :)

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

You guys are hilarious. Considering the number of hoops I would have to jump through just to get a private pilot's license, I'm going to guess that getting into orbit would be out of the question. :)

Sure, right now it's pretty much out of the question but what I'm saying is you wouldn't necessarily die because of it.

20 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Sure, right now it's pretty much out of the question but what I'm saying is you wouldn't necessarily die because of it.

Oh, I have no doubt I would be fine. I run fifteen miles a week, I scuba dive. I could be running marathons if I wanted to. My cardiologist is convinced I'm going to outlive him. That's not the problem. The problem would be convincing a space agency that it would be worth the effort to send a person with a heart valve replacement when there are hundreds if not thousands of applicants with equal or greater qualifications who don't have heart valve replacements. Why would they do that? It makes no sense at all.

6 hours ago, TheSaint said:

The problem would be convincing a space agency that it would be worth the effort to send a person with a heart valve replacement when there are hundreds if not thousands of applicants with equal or greater qualifications who don't have heart valve replacements. Why would they do that? It makes no sense at all.

Just until the bureaucrats realise that it's cheaper to build pre-augmented spacemen, than to keep curing wild ones.

I would be very glad to visit Sgr A* proximity, take a look at S2 and that star cluster with 1000 Msun black hole and a pack of lesser ones.

Even more I would enjoy the early Solar System when the planets were being formed. With some time zoom.

Edited by kerbiloid

7 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

All you need to wearer some shorts, a teeshirt, and a respirator. 

Forget the acid suit?

I'd like to go to the Moon, then Mars. I feel like a trip to Jupiter is too long. Venus is my runner up for the most inhospitable plants, with the temperature and acid.  Mercury, too close to the sun for me. 

You would have to drag me kicking and screaming.  Not just because there's no air and going outside will kill you;
No beer
No barbeque
No pizza deliveries
Farts and other ablutions would suck - things astronauts never talk about
No big screen TV or leather lounges
No beer

On 11/27/2017 at 11:21 AM, kerbiloid said:

I would be very glad to visit Sgr A* proximity, take a look at S2 and that star cluster with 1000 Msun black hole and a pack of lesser ones.

You should probably make sure your windows are really thick lead glass...lots of x-rays and gamma rays flying.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:29 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

Where would I go though?

Venuses upper atmosphere. All you need to wearer some shorts, a teeshirt, and a respirator. 

Well, you'd need a bit more than that, but. . .sure, why not? HAVOC looks like a real E ticket ride. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.