Pe and Ap Error

I presume your concern is that you want your Pe to be in a particular orientation.  You can't orient it relative to ground features on Kerbin, of course, because Kerbin rotates under the orbit ever six hours.  You also can't orient to the sun (for any term longer than a few days), because Kerbin goes around the sun (hence, direction to the sun changes by 360 degrees) every 427 (6-hour) days.  So, first, you have to define what you want to orient to (the fixed skybox?  An ascending or descending node relative to some other body?).

Once you've done that, you can set your new Pe by making a prograde burn centered on that location, burning until your Pe moves to your burn point -- or burn retrograde until your Ap runs around to your burn point -- then adjust your apses to the required heights with apoapsis and periapsis burns as appropriate.

Hi @SCIENCE4BOOSTERS,

It's a little hard to tell what you're getting at, since your posted image is very small and hard to read, and you haven't provided any explanation about your difficulties.

Specifically, it's a little difficult to tell which of these two things you're asking:

1. "Hi, I'm playing the game and trying to do something and it's hard, how do I do it?"
  2. "Hi, I'm playing the game and I think there's a bug"

I think you're asking #1, so I'll treat this as a "gameplay question" and move this over to the appropriate forum.  However, if you're actually experiencing some sort of technical difficulty that looks like a game bug to you, let us know and we're happy to move it to the technical support section.

In any case... it's a bit hard to help right now due to lack of information.  If you could describe your problem a bit more,  I bet folks could be a lot more helpful.  :wink:

If  you  want  your  pe  to  move  towards  the  planet  burn  retro  at  the  app, if  you  want  it to  move  away  burn  pro  at  the  app.

Vice  versa  for  moving  the  ap.

If  you  want  them  to  reverse  positions  then  make  your  pe higher  than  your  ap, or  make your  ap  lower  than  your  pe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.