SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

VITAS

9 hours ago, VITAS said:

doable

but why do you need the exact time?

you could subscribe to the update email end recive an email when a mod is updated.

Because, quite often when updating spree is happening, modders release several versions per day. E-mail updates are unnerving when 349876496587389 of them happen in short time. :D

As you might know im using piwik to track web statistics for spacedock.

My question to the mod publishers would be: Are there any Stats/Metrics you would like to see (on your stats page) for your mod? e.g. viewing times, os type,...

And my question for Users would be: Are you interrested in mod usggestions based on the stats (e.g. the top mods ppl also downloaded after downloading the current one)?

Edited by VITAS

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

As you might know im using piwik to track web statistics for spacedock.

My question to the mod publishers would be: Are there any Stats/Metrics you would like to see (on your stats page) for your mod? e.g. viewing times, os type,...

Maybe also the KSP version downloaded for, so if someone downloads Mod Version 0.6.7 for 1.0.5, it would add to 1.0.5 downloads.  Also, OS sounds like a good idea.

1 hour ago, VITAS said:

And my question for Users would be: Are you interrested in mod usggestions based on the stats (e.g. the top mods ppl also downloaded after downloading the current one)?

Yes.

Are there any Stats/Metrics you would like to see (on your stats page) for your mod? e.g. viewing times, os type,...
Unique Visitor count would be great.

Are you interested in mod suggestions based on the stats (e.g. the top mods ppl also downloaded after downloading the current one)?
Yes, definitely. "Users who downloaded X also downloaded:"

I now added mockup suggestions on the right.

I want to know if its to bussy and if items need to be rearanged on the site (and how).

I also want to keep the Mod header image 16:9 to make it easier for authors. Also note that ive a 4:3 monitor and because most items resize they will be a bit larger on your more modern machines.

screen11.png

Just as a request: Could we get a way to turn off the notifications for 'x Mod has been marked compatible with y version of KSP'?  Given that nothing in the mod has changed, I don't personally see much use in it, and it generates a lot of (therefore) spam in my mailbox.  (I can see that others might find it useful - hence why I'm asking for user-level option to turn it off.)

yes once im trough with all the major ui and clustering stuff i wanted to revisit the user settings allowing you to customize as many settings as possible to your needs. The site should be all about: giving you the information you want when you want it and not bother you with unwanted stuff.

but theres only so much i can code at a time :/

Edited by VITAS

@VITAS Just tried downloading the three most recently updated mods, and they are all getting 404's on the download buttons... (ONLY the latest version)...
So far seems to be just MKS, Tweakscale & Orbital Decay newest updates affected...

All mods before that seem fine

Oh, also another separate issue: Mods that have not had any versions added after 1.0.5, are NOT showing the KSP outdated mod alert...

ie I know the DeadSkins mod is an example

Edited by Stone Blue

2 minutes ago, VITAS said:

yes you guys have so many great ideas. i wish i had the menpower to get them implemented. :/

I wish I had the skills and the time to help you ... :(

EDIT: did you see my edit about the 1.0.5 version warning?... I necro'd you as you were posting...lol

Edited by Stone Blue

4 minutes ago, VITAS said:

no can you post that to github issues?

Actually, no I cant... Sorry... I cant access any Github domains because my stoopid router is blocking Github for some reason I cant figure out... :(
So I apologize for past and future times I may post about bugs here, instead of Github... :(

4 minutes ago, VITAS said:

time is an  problem but skill isnt. i havent coded python for like 13 years before spacedock.

I dont know... I've never coded before AT ALL... And right now I'm trying to struggle thru learning modelling and config editing using MM... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

Thank you. Still has a long way to go. I could realy use some help.

Im also experimenting with wordpress as backend for the insite blog and user/mod descriptions.

IF that works out authors and users could have multiple description pages with more options to format/insert content.

Im unsure as of now if i want to give every user his own blog instance or devide them by tags.

speaking of tags: theyre also in the making.

Donate

As you might know Spacedock only survives with your help.

Donate Time

We are always shorthanded.
To prevent us from burning out we are looking for every Team-player whos willing to help.
We offer a professional Project with lots of opertunities to get involved.
We are looking for:

• Network Admins / System Engineers
    (Linux, Docker, MariaDB, Apache,...)
    to help us with our infrastructure
    (We are running our own global CDN)
  • Coders
    (Mainly Python but PHP doesn't hurt)
    to help with backend code
  • More Coders
    (c#)
    to code new exciting things
  • Frontend Devs
    (HTML5, JS, CSS3,..the usual)
    to help improving and bugfixing our UI.
  • Graphic artists
    (Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D Software)
    Theres always the need to make graphics...
  • Nice Humans
    (We use OTRS for Support Mails)
    to help with support.

Im writing this because at the moment im the only person doing major coding on the site left.

And i cant do it on my own.

Hardware

You can either donate Servers if they conform to the following specs:

• In a propper Datacenter
  • Can provide root access (at least to a vm)
  • No Atom or ARM CPU
  • At least 4GB of RAM
  • At least 100 Mbit/s Connection
  • Available for at least 6 month
  • At least 160GB of usable Diskspace

OR you can send spare Hardware to our Team members to give them a great tools to produce great things for you.
(We are spread out all around the globe so there should be someone near you in despereate need for some spare parts)

Tell others

You can also tell others about this site and our needs. Maybe theyre willing to help us too.

Upload Mods

We support multiple Games. (and if one is missing you can always request it) So please fill the site with your great work!

Other ways to help

If you have other idears how you could help us out please join us in our chat room and tell us!

Edited by VITAS

@Shaggygoblin Donated 100€ to Spacedock!

Lets give him a cake and other signs of graditude.

:cool:

I offered him a copy of KSP but he declined with the words "raffle it on the forum maybe, if it is allowed, could bring attention to the Forum Topic on Spacedock" so i will do that at some point.

Edited by VITAS

3 hours ago, VITAS said:

@Shaggygoblin Donated 100€ to Spacedock!

Lets give him a cake and other signs of graditude.

:cool:

I offered him a copy of KSP but he declined with the words "raffle it on the forum maybe, if it is allowed, could bring attention to the Forum Topic on Spacedock" so i will do that at some point.

Or give it to SpaceCeption since he doesn't even have the game but has more posts and rep than me.