Kerbodyne and Rockmomax retexture

I just wish the 2.5m black and white textures weren't rotated ten degrees off the cardinal points...the whole tank looks like it was twisted ten degrees and installed wrong

UPDATE...I'm pretty sure they're 9 degrees off, because even rotating them in 2 x 5 degree increments doesn't solve it completely...

Edited by Tyko

I think scratches are OK as an idea, (its KSP not SpaceX) but as-implemented on some older parts, they are too bold and somewhat randomly placed. Scratches should be in locations that realistically get scratched - by handling equipment, weathering, etc.  

7 hours ago, basic.syntax said:

I think scratches are OK as an idea, (its KSP not SpaceX) but as-implemented on some older parts, they are too bold and somewhat randomly placed. Scratches should be in locations that realistically get scratched - by handling equipment, weathering, etc.  

One is quite amused at the @FL-T400 liking this comment. 

Maybe scratches could be an optional texture, or over time the textures themselves could be dulled or dirtied depending on where they have been.

4 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Maybe scratches could be an optional texture, or over time the textures themselves could be dulled or dirtied depending on where they have been

Great idea; paint gets burned in a launch, and especially a re-entry. But it would require quite an overhaul to add a new layer to the textures. Some games also fade-in a dirt and grime layer over time.

Im pretty happy with the new textures, and i like the fact that we get the choice between classic orange and more new style spaceX or whathave you.  Only real complaint is the fact that the devs too almost all of their time with the expansion and pretty much ignored stock with a couple exceptions.  Ofc maybee its just me, and the fact that i never got over the art pass that was promised to us before (porkjet, ect), but ill never consider this game finished until all of the ugly stock parts (like the FLT fuel tanks, lander can, mk1 pod, most of the engines, ect) get at least some sort of 3D/texture overhaul...

Getting a 3.75m->2.5m adapter fuel tank would be great too, without having to go through 3.75->Mk3 attached to Mk3->2.5m adapter tanks.

And a stock fuel switcher? and a 2.5m LV-N? and... and... whoops I'm not really on topic here, but I started with Kerbodyne/Rockomax parts, so, close enough I hope....

7 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Speaking of which, can we get alternate textures for 1,25m tanks? They don't look bad right now, but they're still a bit meh, and they may clash with your 2,5m choice.

I just tweakscale everything.

Which works well with 1.4. Except for the new R-series tanks. They don't scale. Boo!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.