Dawn of the Space Age

5 hours ago, Raphaello said:

It works for me too and it's one hell of a hidden workaround :) . Thanks a lot @JPLRepo and @HebaruSan (had I read more carefully, it'd work for me yesterday too)

Are you able to share any plan for 1.4.2 with fixes for this (and other small issues)?

Not able to discuss at this point in time. Sorry.

This solution does not work for me... at least for the second aprt of the first mission.

I completed the mission of get to 5000M and land on the runway.  i have failed the get to 48000M mission by crashing.

Unable to right click and get the build this mission because its grayed out.  for some reason the splashdown mission is out of order... (it doesnt ask to splashdown until i am already in the air for the 48000M mission.)

85Yin8z.png

Edited by sao123

3 minutes ago, sao123 said:

This solution does not work for me... at least for the second aprt of the first mission.

I completed the mission of get to 5000M and land on the runway.  i have failed the get to 48000M mission by crashing.

Unable to right click and get the build this mission because its grayed out.  for somereason the splashdown mission is out of order... (it doesnt ask to splashdown until i am already in the air for the 48000M mission.)

It sounds like you're trying to use the successful action after failing. If you fail, just press Esc and revert to VAB. The right click thing is for when you successfully finish a launch.

1 minute ago, HebaruSan said:

It sounds like you're trying to use the successful action after failing. If you fail, just press Esc and revert to VAB. The right click thing is for when you successfully finish a launch.

i DID successfully complete the first launch.

This crash is on K-7b, K-7 was completed.

Edited by sao123

1 minute ago, sao123 said:

But not the second launch?

2 minutes ago, sao123 said:

This crash is on K-7b, K-7 was completed.

OK, so press Esc and revert to VAB.

Edited by HebaruSan

23 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Escape brings me back to the failure screen.  I dont get the menu.

i am stuck at close, restart and save and quit.

close, then escape, brings back failure.

I am stuck on the last screen in my picture.

JE5vx4p.jpg

Edited by sao123

46 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I cannot get from the mission failed screen to the screen that Nestor posted earlier in this thread.

Hit close, then escape, just brings back failure.  I dont want to restart the whole mission, and I dont want to save and quit.

Trying to get to the revert button but cant.

a3O5IqB.png

46 minutes ago, sao123 said:

Escape brings me back to the failure screen.  I dont get the menu.

i am stuck at close, restart and save and quit.

close, then escape, brings back failure.

Ahh, I see. I just realized that I had not actually reached the full failure conditions of the missions---I just noticed that I wasn't going to make it, and hit Esc before the mission script knew I had failed. Testing it again with a touchdown without reaching 48km, you're right, it is a dead end. Thanks for pointing out an important caveat to add to my post, I'll go edit it.

4 hours ago, sao123 said:

I dont want to save and quit.

One more thing that should work in this situation (I did not try it yet) is to quicksave right after successful landing of the first rocket and then loading this save after crash of the second rocket should give you the ability to try the consecutive launch again.

18 hours ago, Raphaello said:

One more thing that should work in this situation (I did not try it yet) is to quicksave right after successful landing of the first rocket and then loading this save after crash of the second rocket should give you the ability to try the consecutive launch again.

That worked for me in To the Mun via Minmus. I got a failure screen because my second rocket spawned inside the launch pad and exploded :mad:.  I think I had to return to the space center so that I could load the save (due to the failure screen).

On 15/03/2018 at 7:09 PM, nestor said:

We are taking the feedback and discussing alternatives, thanks for the feedback.

For second and third launches you can select Revert Flight and then Last Vessel Build (VAB/SPH)

pause01.pngpause02.png

This wasn't an option for me.

On 15/03/2018 at 9:14 PM, Suma said:

That would be much better, unfortunately my Reverting Flight window does not look like this. The option Last Vessel Build (VAB/SPH) is not present, the only two options are Last Vessel Spawn and Cancel. See screenshot below during flight of K-7b High Altitude Sounding Rocket.

dbbUl7H.png

That's what it looks like for me

On 15/03/2018 at 9:57 PM, HebaruSan said:

A suggestion for folks to try:

When you finish one of the launches, hover over the clipboard toolbar button to open the mission summary thing, and then hover the next objective:

kx9D5Md.png

It says "Right Click to build this vessel". If I right click on that instead of recovering my vessel, I'm able to revert to VAB on subsequent launches (though the craft isn't automatically loaded). I think this might be how we're intended to advance the mission to the next stage.

NOTE: This will only permit you to revert to VAB before you formally fail a mission! If you wait till the "Failure" screen comes up after touchdown, it's game over. I recommend reverting as soon as you realize that success is unattainable.

I wish you could do this from the space center. I'm locked out of every other building, and have no vessels being tracked, so I can't get to this point

For now I think Making History is a bit too frustrating. I'll give it another try after the first patch

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.