Kerbal Express Airlines - Regional Jet Challenge (Reboot Continued)

7 minutes ago, Kebab Kerman said:

I'm submitting the plane I mentioned earlier, the SST. Here's an image!

h9eggwf.png

The wings were painted in-flight due to a Kerbpaint glitch :P

Here's the download:

https://kerbalx.com/KebabKerman/GE-76

This submission is lacking a whole lot of stuff. Please make sure you have ALL of the required information in your submission. And FYI it is normal to actually read the OP, and make sure you understand the rules of a challenge before positing a submission. It does not seem like you have done so.

On 3/20/2018 at 12:24 AM, CrazyJebGuy said:

How to Submit. Your post must include the following:

1. The name of your aircraft company and model names for the designs you're submitting. Please clarify what category you're entering the plane in.
  2. At least one screenshot or very large bold text or something in your submissions. This is so we can more easily see it is a submission, we don't want to accidentally skip yours.
  3. A link to your craft files in your submission post. No PMing me.
  4. The price of your aircraft times 1,000. (If $23,555 in-game, submit as $23,555,000. This is just for fun to make prices more realistic.)
  5. The recommended cruising speed and altitude for your aircraft. This is the speed and altitude you've fine-tuned your designs for, ensuring the best balance of speed, range, and fuel efficiency. It's also what the test pilots will be testing your aircraft at for judging.
  6. (Optional, but will help in review) Pitch your aircraft to the Kerbal Express Airlines executives, selling them on why it should be purchased for their fleet. Include any notable features (even if fictional).

30 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

This submission is lacking a whole lot of stuff. Please make sure you have ALL of the required information in your submission. And FYI it is normal to actually read the OP, and make sure you understand the rules of a challenge before positing a submission. It does not seem like you have done so.

Nevermind... Cant fix it :(

Edited by Kebab Kerman

KlankCo presents...

The GE-76!

h9eggwf.png

(Don't remember the price, only just fixed KSP and haven't launched it yet)

Recommended cruising speed is basically the highest you can get it to. Or 2/3 throttle, either way. Max speed hasn't yet been calculated, so...

Recommended cruising altitude is between 15,000 m and 17,500 m.

Has room for snacks!

Range and KPPM haven't been identified, either. 

The wings show painted in the screenshot, but they were painted on the runway.

Here's the download:

https://kerbalx.com/KebabKerman/GE-76

If that doesn't meet your expectations, we have something else.

We have a cargo plane. A very small cargo plane. Unfortunately, the pictures we have are of the passenger version (see below). But without further ado, we present LA-67.

Don't remember the cost for this one, either, it's been locked up in a hanger for a few weeks.

Cruising Speed: 250 m/s

Cruising Altitude: 5,000 m --- 12,500 m

https://kerbalx.com/KebabKerman/LA-67

It can carry oversized loads that just don't fit in the overhead storage cabinets.

And here's the passenger variant, the LA-67P!

DA1VIYI.png

Same as the LA-67. Same length, same width, same height, all that good stuff.

Cruising speed: Same as above.

Cruising altitude: Same as above.

Small cargo bay. Can carry 48 passengers. Flies well.

18 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

This is not a submission.

I just need a volunteer to help me conduct some experiments.

Mainly, will the judge's PC explode.

https://kerbalx.com/NightshineRecorralis/Leviathan

Just tested it on my hand me down frankendesktop, and it runs just fine, a little slow admitedly. Don't think it should pose much of a problem for my proper desktop. It runs like this with 700 part ships.

Edited by neistridlar

19 minutes ago, TheTripleAce3 said:

I refuse to contribute to this, as I haven't even had my first design reviewed yet. :P

Be patient, that's all I can say. We still have about 15 pages of submissions to go through from the old challenge, never mind the 18 more for the new one before we get to you. :)

2 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Be patient, that's all I can say. We still have about 15 pages of submissions to go through from the old challenge, never mind the 18 more for the new one before we get to you. :)

Ik, was trying to make a joke, but failed :P

9 minutes ago, roboslacker said:

Today, I began work on the WWYT Gruntmeister

YaEAnQq.png

It didn't work very well

fWnQHE9.png

Onto version 2!

I was working on a creative rule-breaker for one of the rules, but yours went a step further than my method.

That said, mine might actually be more viable as a sales product than a novelty piece lol. 

i wanted to post a review today but sadly i have a family emergency. i  know i havent been active lately but school is on the brink of end. This means i wont be able to post for one week. after that i promise i will post a lot more :)

1 hour ago, Artienia said:

i wanted to post a review today but sadly i have a family emergency. i  know i havent been active lately but school is on the brink of end. This means i wont be able to post for one week. after that i promise i will post a lot more :)

Only one week left? Your lucky, I still have three weeks left...

I'm pretty surprised that the engineers have managed to fit some unwilling and possibly dead brave kerbals to act like wings.

P.S. PLEASE REVIEW MY AIRCRAFT, IT HAS BEEN SITTING IN THE HANGAR FOR MONTHS

19 minutes ago, Eivuii said:

P.S. PLEASE REVIEW MY AIRCRAFT, IT HAS BEEN SITTING IN THE HANGAR FOR MONTHS

There are almost 90 submissions in the cue currently, the oldest ones being from the beginning of February, yours is from the end of march, so please be patient. We will get to it eventually.

thanks!:D

EMERGENCY POST:

All reviewers, please DO NOT review the KC-3! It is too cost inefficient, and also had a problem which requires a recall of the testing model.

1 hour ago, Eivuii said:

thanks!:D

EMERGENCY POST:

All reviewers, please DO NOT review the KC-3! It is too cost inefficient, and also had a problem which requires a recall of the testing model.

Funny thing, since I actually skipped over it when looking for a plane to review, and went signed on to whatever your other plane was after that.

---

Also, notice to everyone, I might take a break from KSP for a bit since a file handling error ended up deleting/losing my entire SPH folder, which makes me really salty. I managed to recover a lot of it, but much of the new things I did in KSP 1.4 are kinda gone.

29 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Also, notice to everyone, I might take a break from KSP for a bit since a file handling error ended up deleting/losing my entire SPH folder, which makes me really salty. I managed to recover a lot of it, but much of the new things I did in KSP 1.4 are kinda gone.

That kinda sucks, @Box of Stardust, I purposely keep a lot of my more important designs backed up for precisely this reason. on top of that I work in like 4 folders of KSP and ALWAYS play in one of the copies, never the original install (that's a modding thing, if KSP updates automagically I would be forced to download all mods again, but only after they update, so working in a copied KSP folder solves this issue)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.