minThrust handling request

Psycho_zs

Hello everyone!

Since Squad hasn't yet addressed the problem with minThrust handling (engines with minThrust > 0  can not be shut down by throttle, complex bug report is here) ,  I would like to request the simplest possible mod solution that does just that without affecting anything else.

A good starting point would be  ThrottleControlledShutdown plugin by @NotTheRealRMS  which dynamically sets engine's minThrust to 0 when ship's throttle is 0.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to refurbish and clean this thing up, (i.e. 'foreach' are bad as far as I heard). Or maybe there is a better way to solve the problem altogether.

Edit: this plugin works in 1.4.2. Although  it sometimes lags behind throttle and other ships coming into physics bubble may have their engines unaffected and therefore ignited.

Edited by Psycho_zs

What engines have >0 min thrust?

A MM patch should cover it.  I literally just looked up how to write a MM patch for another item, and it seems fairly simple to write one that will set all your engines to have 0 min thrust, or a little longer if you want to do specific ones. 

https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager/wiki/Module-Manager-Handbook

17 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

You missed the point.

Not really, I just went with what was provided.

18 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

Modded. Like by this kind of patch.

Having read that thread, it seems it needs be fixed within that mod, or any mod that does this.   Adding a mod to fix a mod doesn't seem right, when the authors are active.

1 minute ago, Gargamel said:

Having read that thread, it seems it needs be fixed within that mod, or any mod that does this. 

That mod is irrelevant. The point is not to set minThrust to 0 (like by not applying the patch). The point is to shut down engines that have minThrust > 0. One way to do it is to dynamically set minThrust to 0 when ship's throttle is 0 and revert the value when throttle is not 0. This can not be done by MM patch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.