Module Manager 2.7.6 crashing my ksp (1.2.2) Please help immediatly! This is not false!

If the game crashes before creating a log, it's not Module Manager's fault for sure. It only kicks in after the log is created and populated with some messages.

I saw the video. It's a Unity's issue.

When you blows up the VRAM available memory for textures, this is exactly what happens - KSP just closes under your face. Only a O.S. Crash Report can tell this for sure, however.

Try this: move all the add-ons to another directory (leave Squad's and Module Manager), and bring them back a few each time while starting KSP to see what happens. I expect a series of successful launches until the "last drop" happens and Unity crashes.

I suggest you move back your add-ons in relevance order, so when the crashes happens (and then you reach the point in which you must delete the last add-on, and ignore the remaining), the add-ons that you must give up will hurt less. :-)

53 minutes ago, Lisias said:

If the game crashes before creating a log, it's not Module Manager's fault for sure. It only kicks in after the log is created and populated with some messages.

I saw the video. It's a Unity's issue.

When you blows up the VRAM available memory for textures, this is exactly what happens - KSP just closes under your face. Only a O.S. Crash Report can tell this for sure, however.

Try this: move all the add-ons to another directory (leave Squad's and Module Manager), and bring them back a few each time while starting KSP to see what happens. I expect a series of successful launches until the "last drop" happens and Unity crashes.

I suggest you move back your add-ons in relevance order, so when the crashes happens (and then you reach the point in which you must delete the last add-on, and ignore the remaining), the add-ons that you must give up will hurt less. :-)

So, do i understand right, that i can just down that graphic settings? And what i have to do if it is RSS, because on 1.3.1 i cant open part info window in VAB and even SPH?

20 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

So, do i understand right, that i can just down that graphic settings? And what i have to do if it is RSS, because on 1.3.1 i cant open part info window in VAB and even SPH?

First things first: we need to be sure about it, otherwise we would mangling things where it doesn't matters and ending up with two problems to solve. :-)

1) backup everything. Copy the whole shebang to another directory, and zip it to be sure the contents are whole and preserved. If the worst happens, we can also start again from scratch.

2) Move everything but Squad from GameData. Fire KSP. This will assure you that the KSP is working and your hardware is in working condition for it.

3) Move ModuleManager and RSS to GameData. Since RSS appears to be relevant to you, you put it in first so if I'm right, the memory will be exhausted later with a less important mod.

4) Move back things slowly, until the crash starts to happen. Try to remember what you move back since last successful KSP fire up, otherwise you will have to restart from scratch. Been there, done that. :-D

5) On the Settings, set the Texture to "Half size" or even less.

6) Try again from where you stoped and see if you get further in the process.

There're still other possible problem related to memory, when the ammount of add-ons together, blows up the available working memory.

When the heap grows, the O.S. tends to use the swapfile to "make" memory for KSP, and this makes things really slow on the long run when you exceeds too much your physical memory. This also could explains subtle halts once the game finishes loading.

And there's the "static" memory (memory used to hold configurations, code and also textures - the VRAM holds textures being used, but the textures are also stored in process RAM to be available when you launch something that needs it). But, usually, this blows up on our face when KSP is still loading.

25 minutes ago, Lisias said:

First things first: we need to be sure about it, otherwise we would mangling things where it doesn't matters and ending up with two problems to solve. :-)

1) backup everything. Copy the whole shebang to another directory, and zip it to be sure the contents are whole and preserved. If the worst happens, we can also start again from scratch.

2) Move everything but Squad from GameData. Fire KSP. This will assure you that the KSP is working and your hardware is in working condition for it.

3) Move ModuleManager and RSS to GameData. Since RSS appears to be relevant to you, you put it in first so if I'm right, the memory will be exhausted later with a less important mod.

4) Move back things slowly, until the crash starts to happen. Try to remember what you move back since last successful KSP fire up, otherwise you will have to restart from scratch. Been there, done that. :-D

5) On the Settings, set the Texture to "Half size" or even less.

6) Try again from where you stoped and see if you get further in the process.

There're still other possible problem related to memory, when the ammount of add-ons together, blows up the available working memory.

When the heap grows, the O.S. tends to use the swapfile to "make" memory for KSP, and this makes things really slow on the long run when you exceeds too much your physical memory. This also could explains subtle halts once the game finishes loading.

And there's the "static" memory (memory used to hold configurations, code and also textures - the VRAM holds textures being used, but the textures are also stored in process RAM to be available when you launch something that needs it). But, usually, this blows up on our face when KSP is still loading.

Maybe i have something more, my friend Madhon had found something here, https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0GDUUTsSMvGGPFFuRnaqdWDiQ#Player

19 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

and i want to play RSS on ksp 1.2.2 but it crashes my ksp on 1.2.2 but not on 1.3.1, so is there something to get it functional, or is there any Procedural and Real KSC for 1.3.1?

You downloaded THIS release, right? Using the latest works only on 1.3.1, you need the release tailored specifically for 1.2.

8 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

I used it. So, how much VRAM it needs?

I'm afraid you will have to find it for yourself.

Open Source/Free (as in beer) Project developers rarely have financial resources to test the project on all the intended hardware targets - they rely on the user's feedback in order to do that.

6 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Maybe i have something more, my friend Madhon had found something here, https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0GDUUTsSMvGGPFFuRnaqdWDiQ#Player

What exactly is this log? Is it from your game crashing on your mac or from your friends game and mac?

Just by taken a quick peak I can find like 4 mods having the wrong version:

KSP is 1.2.2

RSS is 0.13.1.0 (that's for KSP 1.3.1)

FAR is 0.15.9.1 (that's build for KSP 1.3.1)

Kopernicus is 1.0.0.0 (that's build for KSP 1.1 and not even the version bundled with RSS)

SmokeScreen is 2.7.6.1 (that's build for KSP 1.3.1)

I'm pretty sure there are even more incompatible mod versions in your list and it is actually not very surprising that these mods will crash your game (and it is also not surprising that it will not crash when you are using KSP 1.3.1 because the mods are build for that version). Especially the mods build for a higher KSP version may try to use methods, which are not available in KSP 1.2.2 and as a result, you will get error messages like this in your log:

[...]
Missing method Format in assembly /Applications/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/FerramAerospaceResearch/Plugins/FerramAerospaceResearch.dll, [...]
Missing method PopupDialog::SpawnPopupDialog(Vector2,Vector2,string,string,string,string,bool,UISkinDef,bool,string) in assembly /Applications/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.app/Contents/Resources/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll, referenced in assembly /Applications/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KerbalJointReinforcement/Plugin/KerbalJointReinforcement.dll
[...]

So what you should do: Look up every forum post for the mods you want to use, most of them (usually all) will provide a link to their github repository. Go through the release section of the repository and be sure to grab to version build for ksp 1.2.2. and install them. Then try again to launch your game. If you still have problems, it can still be caused by not enough vram, like Lisias already told you and, if the log is from your mac using an 'Intel HD6000' graphics chip, this will not be surprising at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.