How to make your own solar panel mod i'm having trouble making one it doesn't generate power and there's no tutorials i can find for it (also i couldn't find any good forum topic to put this in)

Seems like the correct forum to me :)

The first step in modding is to look at what's out there already. In particular, look at the way Squad did their solar panels. What you want to pay attention to is the MODULE in those solar panels named ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.

Then you may need to ask more specific questions, because general questions result in general answers :)

Also, I can't really help you past the general stuff as I've never modded solar panels, except a couple years ago to add a "open/close all" option on them.

I'm attempting to put together some "Demo" projects for the various parts - projects include the Blender and Unity files with some notes.

A solar panel is one of the projects. Any feedback would be welcome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.