The Ultimate Challenge Continued (originally by Just Jim)

6 minutes ago, GRS said:

@IncongruousGoat

I got a question, is it fine if i go to Duna after Mun, but haven't landed on Minmus, then land on M8nmus and go to Duna again for Ike Landing ? I did that...

As long as you didn't launch anything from Kerbin after landing on the Mun, you're in the clear. What order you do the landings, and how many times you land in a given place, doesn't matter so long as you get at least one landing on every body.

Thanks...

The Narrative Mission report reached the 3/14 Finished point, while the actual Mission is 8/14. Hopefully raised to 9/14 as i go to Eeloo...

Edited by GRS

@IncongruousGoat

Can i just...go straight to Anziephus after the Jool 5 ? (I'm thinking about some Extra Landings as i still got a Tremendous amount of spare Delta V, since the mission was so efficiently executed)

4 hours ago, GRS said:

@IncongruousGoat

Can i just...go straight to Anziephus after the Jool 5 ? (I'm thinking about some Extra Landings as i still got a Tremendous amount of spare Delta V, since the mission was so efficiently executed)

As long as you get all the stock planets and moons, I don't care where else you go or when you go there.

@GRS I'm going to hold off on properly judging your submission until after you've returned the crew to Kerbin. Getting back home safe is still a part of the challenge.

Unofficially, however...

I like it. Seriously, you did a really good job, especially with the lander design. :)

Thanks, now to execute some extra Landings...then really back to Kerbin, not going to waste a lot of Fuel...i got some Dwarf Planets in mind to land on.

5 minutes ago, GRS said:

Thanks, now to execute some extra Landings...then really back to Kerbin, not going to waste a lot of Fuel...i got some Dwarf Planets in mind to land on.

When you've finished the mission, it would be very helpful if you could post a list of all the planet packs whose planets you visited so I can put them in the hall of fame entry.

4 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

If I have opm, do I need to go to all bodies or just the stock ones?

How will the new location of eeloo affect this challenge?

IDK, but taking from Jacob's attempt, land on Both OPM Eeloo and Stock Eeloo.

33 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

If I have opm, do I need to go to all bodies or just the stock ones?

How will the new location of eeloo affect this challenge?

What @GRS said. Planet packs are purely optional here; as long as you land on all the stock bodies (in stock locations) you've completed the challenge. Planet packs just add flair to the submission.

Just saying...here are potential Chapter List in my Mission Report :

Chapter 1 : Below Kerbin

Chapter 2 : Neighbors of The Habitable

Chapter 3 : Dwarf Planets

Chapter 4 : Jool 5

Chapter 5 : Uncharted Lands (Not Uncharted Lands Mod LOL)

At least 5 Chapters will be written...

Mods that'll clearly be used :

Anziephus, Tekcate, End, Trans-Keptunian, KPE (Self made mod, partially as there are many Big Hefty Chonks).

Edited by GRS

• 1 month later...

@IncongruousGoat

Mods : Anziephus, Tekcate, Trans Keptunian, Salus, Kronos Planet Expansion (Prototype version, made by me)

Year count : 15000 Years

Delta V count : Over 50000 m/s

Kerbal count : 5

Landing count : 42

Ship cost : 2.4 Million Roots

Mass : Around 3200 Tons

Edited by GRS

@GRS Congratulations on completing the Ultimate Challenge! Your submission has been added to the Hall of Fame, and you may claim the badge at your leisure.

Overall, I found myself impressed with your submission. Not for doing any one thing exceptionally well, but for overall competence in all aspects of planning, design, and execution. It's not too hard to find people on the forums who are really good at compact lander design, or at mission architecture, or who are really good pilots. The rare thing is to find someone who is all of those things.

I do have one question for you, though: What version(s) of KSP did you fly the mission in?

4 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

@GRS Congratulations on completing the Ultimate Challenge! Your submission has been added to the Hall of Fame, and you may claim the badge at your leisure.

Overall, I found myself impressed with your submission. Not for doing any one thing exceptionally well, but for overall competence in all aspects of planning, design, and execution. It's not too hard to find people on the forums who are really good at compact lander design, or at mission architecture, or who are really good pilots. The rare thing is to find someone who is all of those things.

I do have one question for you, though: What version(s) of KSP did you fly the mission in?

Thanks...the rocket was made in 1.5, but a delay occurred, and I'm into it again when i have 1.7, as well as some Minor redesigns...

Edited by GRS

Wait...i mean...1.7, not 1.7.3 @IncongruousGoat

As an addition, here are KPE Worlds that are involved in this Grand Tour (As well as their stats) in order of their first appearance...

Spade (0.002 Gees and 6 Km, Dres' Moon)

Terriblis (3.857 Gees and 1400 Km)

Badurra (1.945 Gees and 360 Km, Terriblis' Moon)

Mez (0.005 Gees and 7.5 Km, Terriblis' Moon)

Kronos (13 Gees and 5500 Km)

Zeruel (1.4 Gees and 750 Km, Kronos' Moon)

Ovis (0.1 Gees and 100 Km, Zeruel's Subsat)

Aleph (1.2 Gees and 700 Km, Kronos' Moon)

Shrek (0.7 Gees and 75 Km, Kronos' Moon)

Lotus (0.0385 Gees and 40 Km)

Sloan (1.17 Gees and 3500 Km)

Tiras (0.7 Gees and 400 Km, Sloan's Moon)

Akel (0.18 Gees and 200 Km, Sloan's Moon)

Vra (0.08 Gees and 80 Km, Sloan's Moon)

Orbin (1.5 Gees and 675 Km)

Nuuma (0.25 Gees and 225 Km, Orbin's Moon)

Edited by GRS

@Space Nerd

I might have a solution...make both OPM Eeloo and Stock Eeloo visible...and of that...remove any characters before every node, also try matching configs with some non replacing worlds, also don't forget to rename one of the Eeloos (like changing OPM's Eeloo into Enkel or such), that way you might have both Stock and OPM Eeloo (i hope).

7 hours ago, GRS said:

@Space Nerd

I might have a solution...make both OPM Eeloo and Stock Eeloo visible...and of that...remove any characters before every node, also try matching configs with some non replacing worlds, also don't forget to rename one of the Eeloos (like changing OPM's Eeloo into Enkel or such), that way you might have both Stock and OPM Eeloo (i hope).

Or you can do what @JacobJHC did, and swap out planet packs in the middle of the mission. He ended up landing on Eeloo 3 times - once for stock Eeloo, one for OPM Eeloo, and once for some other planet pack.

EDIT: Note that this planet-pack swapping should only be done to handle cases where the planet pack modifies the stock system. You can't just uninstall a planet pack in the middle of the mission if, say, one of the bodies it installs gets in your way.

Edited by IncongruousGoat