GrubbyZebra

[1.4+] ETTR - Engineering Tech Tree Remastered

On 9/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

This may be broken in 1.7, looking in to it....

Nope, just me being a n00b. It works fine in 1.7.3, with all the aforementioned bugs/features and quirks.

Also, playing around with spacing. For anyone interested, the farthest into the bottom right corner of the Tech Tree window a node can be placed and still be fully visible is at approximately position (-75, 75). The locations go positive up and right, which makes the entire tree exist in the 2nd Cartesian Quadrant for some reason....

So for some reason that I have not cared enough to delve in to, 1.7 causes the "researched" node icons to display at 100% scale, even though the scale in the config file is set to 60%. Therefore, instead of figuring out why this is happening, I've decided to map the full space available in the tech tree window and dive in to creating the pinwheel layout the original ETT had. Fingers crossed.

Great to see a continuation of this mod, it was by far the most appealing of Tech trees for me and it appears that most other techtree mods aren't being maintained either, a shame.

Good luck on this!:)

@Nertea question for you, if you can. the lineFrom and lineTo tags; I've figured out LEFT, RIGHT, and TOP all attach the lines to the nodes at those locations. BOTTOM seems to make no line appear. Do you know what value will attach a line to the bottom of a node? 

8 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

@Nertea question for you, if you can. the lineFrom and lineTo tags; I've figured out LEFT, RIGHT, and TOP all attach the lines to the nodes at those locations. BOTTOM seems to make no line appear. Do you know what value will attach a line to the bottom of a node? 

BOTTOM was never implemented... I've made patch through an Harmony Transpiler. I can publish it on git if you want to.

Also same node attachments are not implemented in stock nor in my patch.

Edited by Ryujin no Mai

1 hour ago, Ryujin no Mai said:

BOTTOM was never implemented... I've made patch through an Harmony Transpiler. I can publish it on git if you want to.

Also same node attachments are not implemented in stock nor in my patch.

That sounds interesting. I would like to take a look at it, at least.

10 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

That sounds interesting. I would like to take a look at it, at least.

https://github.com/alex-dev/ObnoxiousTechTree/tree/master/RDNodeAnchorFixer (The Unlicense)

If you want more information hit me up, the patch is good, but the whole project kinda sank when I got involved in ETTR.

Edited by Ryujin no Mai

Got the Chemical Engineering branch of the spiral layout completed. Figured I'd show a small preview (final icons and text to come later).

vpvCyoH.png