High Altitude lakes

I imagine this is much easier said than done, but I noticed doing my Mountain Lake Landing Challenge  that all bodies of water on Kerban are at sea level.  Of course, this is what made the challenge possible with a lake nestled in such a deep hole, but, in reality bodies of water are at all altitudes.  It would be great to have mountain lakes to land on and explore at altitude and it would be a great way to create a new science biome.

You are very correct in that it is much easier said then done. Basically how water works in KSP is that there is a uniform sphere of water around a planet. So, all water is at the same altitude like you noticed. Doing what you requested would take a rewrite of the planet system.

KSP2 anyone?

Edited by 0something0

14 hours ago, 0something0 said:

You are very correct in that it is much easier said then done. Basically how water works in KSP is that there is a uniform sphere of water so all water is at the same altitude like you noticed. Doing what you requested would take a rewrite of the planet system.

KSP2 anyone?

I figured it was something pretty fundamental in the structure or it would have been done already :-)  Thanks for the reply.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:49 AM, 0something0 said:

Well, I forgot to mention something. You know that swimming pool in the administration center? I wonder what would happen if we made it bigger like a lake.

You would have a lake with no wáter phisics,Try swimming on the pool.It doesnt work.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:10 PM, Klapaucius said:

It would be great to have mountain lakes to land on and explore at altitude and it would be a great way to create a new science biome.

Not so much for the biomes (we already have more of those than we really need on Kerbin), but I like the idea of variable water levels. It would allow things like giving rivers an actual current.

I'm having an amusing little vision of kerbals stepping out of their water plane somewhere upriver for a few science experiments, then having to run after their plane as it is swept downstream - with an appropriate background tune of course (Yakety Sax comes to mind). :D

55 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Not so much for the biomes (we already have more of those than we really need on Kerbin), but I like the idea of variable water levels. It would allow things like giving rivers an actual current.

I'm having an amusing little vision of kerbals stepping out of their water plane somewhere upriver for a few science experiments, then having to run after their plane as it is swept downstream - with an appropriate background tune of course (Yakety Sax comes to mind). :D

AHAHAHAHAH.

Why is there no ocean currents?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.