Things to do and find on Kerbin?

GeneralShaw

Install Extraplanetary Launchpads and restore Kerbaikonur to its former glory. Launching missions *without* the entire KSC infrastructure - assemble rockets on site, fuel them up with ISRU, get kerbals inside through means of (self-made) gantry tower, and launch missions from the entirely self-made launch site.

Here are some ideas :)

for aircraft:

• make a craft with very low landing speeds that will allow you to land anywhere to do science; for example try to land on the mountain tops west of the space centre.
  • make a high speed, high altitude, long range craft with only low tier parts.
  • build a reliable cargo plane that can deliver other vehicles to remote places, make sure it flies well both empty and full.
  • fly a aircraft under the R&D walkover.
  • replicate a real world aircraft using stock parts
  • launch an orbital rocket from an aircraft flying at high altitude

for rolling vehicles:

• go for a long drive, maybe even all the way around the planet! enjoy the scenery, relax, take in the views, and meditate on what it means to be an overland explorer.
  • make a train! rig up a towing hitch and haul as many carriages as you can, be careful going down hills though!
  • perform some stunt work by creating ramps to jump your cars off of.
  • use a truck to deliver a rocket to an impromptu grassland launch site, and then find a way to stand the rocket upright for launch.

feeling aquatic:

• make a boat and set sail across the seas, yarr! 
  • create a submarine to explore the limits of the ocean.
  • launch a rocket from a submerged submarine.

for rockets:

• test your skills by doing a powered landing on the roof of the VAB, no aero parts allowed! no reaction wheels also for extra challenge.
  • grassroots rocketry challenge: assemble a rocket on the space centre lawn, fuel it, load the victims pilots, and launch! 
  • destroy every KSC building with pre-aimed rockets in a single launch

2 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Install Extraplanetary Launchpads and restore Kerbaikonur to its former glory. Launching missions *without* the entire KSC infrastructure - assemble rockets on site, fuel them up with ISRU, get kerbals inside through means of (self-made) gantry tower, and launch missions from the entirely self-made launch site.

Or use hyperedit to teleport the rocket to the launchpad:P

I think I'll make a giant cargo plane and deliver a self-sufficient rover to explore the North pole.

Spoiler

I'll purposefully land near the UFO so I can pretend to do testing or whatever.

Plenty of good ideas here when I get bored of the arctic rover!

Edited by Val
Spoiler warning

I ran out of things to do on Kerbin in sandbox so I started a career.

Now I'm daily flying and driving all over Kerbin doing survey contracts for money, fame and science.

nrNv9NH.png

Doing it for months and still loving it !

Stay away from space  ^_^

On 8/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Also try to find The Barn. It's still hiding out there... somewhere...

giphy.gif

Spoiler

6ubsNOE.jpg

Edited by Triop

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, Triop said:

I ran out of things to do on Kerbin in sandbox so I started a career.

Now I'm daily flying and driving all over Kerbin doing survey contracts for money, fame and science.

nrNv9NH.png

Doing it for months and still loving it !

Stay away from space  ^_^

giphy.gif

Hide contents

6ubsNOE.jpg

Is the barn made by kerbal konstruct or another mod or is it actually in the game?thought i doubt its the last one

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.