Feedback on missions of the week.

klesh

These missions of the week...

They've consistently been missions from literally 5 months ago.  The last several MotW have had cobwebs in their forum posts, no replies to these MotW threads, 2 thumbs up by the same Squad employees, and no further posts to their dead forum threads after the MotW is posted.  Are we just pretending these missions are being played and enjoyed?

This one hasn't had a post to it since March.

One before that hadn't had a post to it's thread since July.

One before that hadn't had a post to it since March.

One before that hadn't had a post to it since July, and has just one post not from the author saying "wow this looks neat, I'll try it".

One before that hadn't had a post to it since May.

One before that hadn't had a post to it since April.

They're all from ~ a month after the DLC was released, and have had nearly zero activity since being originally posted, yet they are featured in August and still get no activity.  It seems like no one is playing these missions whatsoever.  Even the crickets have moved out of these ghost towns.

It would appear that the criterion for being selected as a Mission of the Week is simply a mission that exists.  Pretty soon, they're going to run out of those.

If this doesn't tell you, Squad, that practically no one thinks this mission builder is cool, or fun, or worth buying your DLC for, then I don't know what does.  Next time you make a DLC, how about you ask us what we want, instead of guessing and delivering something no one is interested in.  It makes me sad to think how much development time was wasted on this mission builder.

I've been wondering where the best place to even post an idea like this is.  Anywhere else and it would just get moved to the Making History subforums, where there is even less activity.

Edited by klesh

Somebody labored to make that mission for other players to enjoy. Whatever your feelings about the forum feature, there's no need to dump on his/her work. With that in mind, your post has been moved to its own thread in the feedback area of the forum. 

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Somebody labored to make that mission for other players to enjoy. Whatever your feelings about the forum feature, there's no need to dump on his/her work. With that in mind, your post has been moved to its own thread in the feedback area of the forum.  

Where exactly did I dump on any of the mission creator's work?  Point that out, please?

A nice person's work was featured in the thread, and your reply was to opine that the entire game feature in which this person labored is a failure. That's a valid opinion, but it doesn't belong in a thread celebrating a fellow forum member's work, since you're implying that that person's work is wasted and valueless. Would you want to find that reply in response to your projects? So your feedback has been moved to an appropriate place where it is referring to the forum feature and not denigrating that person's efforts. 

To be honest, as the creator of the last "mission of the week", my feelings were along the same lines - "wow, is the mission creating subforum really that dead?" I don't even know whether anybody actually played this one. And I certainly do not take this thread as a criticism of my work. I sort of agree with the point, that unfortunately, not many people appreciate the mission builder (at least on these forums, I don't know about steam).

8 hours ago, michal.don said:

To be honest, as the creator of the last "mission of the week", my feelings were along the same lines - "wow, is the mission creating subforum really that dead?" I don't even know whether anybody actually played this one. And I certainly do not take this thread as a criticism of my work. I sort of agree with the point, that unfortunately, not many people appreciate the mission builder (at least on these forums, I don't know about steam). 

The steam workshop is aswell pretty abandoned on the mission building side...Only 83 mission.....

Yeah im aswell very surprised that the mission building kinda dead.......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.