[1.3.0] Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.1.3.0 (2017-05-28)

cybutek

Kerbal Engineer Redux

For the most up-to-date version of this mod please check @jrbudda's GitHub fork:
https://github.com/jrbudda/KerbalEngineer/releases

Version 1.1.3.0

This plugin will allow you to view important statistics about your ship whilst building it and in flight.

Note that by default KER runs using a career unlock system. This means that when in career mode it will require either an Engineer skilled Kerbal, an Engineer Chip/ER7500 part placed on the vessel or a level 3 tracking station to work in flight. Unless one of these three conditions is present, the KER icon will be disabled and greyed out in flight. This mode is completely optional though, and by clicking on "Settings" on the Kerbal Engineer Redux window in the editor, you may change its mode from "Career" to "Partless".

Learn about the HUD system with KSP-TV streamer "ShimmyTheJJ" in the YouTube video below:

Spoiler

Download from CurseForge

GitHub Repository

Fully compatible with the KSP-AVC Plugin and all software supporting the '.version' file format.

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Online ReadMe & Change Log

independent-mod-for-games-logo-finalista

Bytes that Rock - Software Awards 2015 - Finalist

Licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.

Additional restriction guidelines
I do know that the GPL does not allow further restrictions, but please take the following amendment in good will.
Having old versions floating about masquerading as latest, and the lack of a smooth update release flow is bad for everyone.
Uploading a non-derivative work to a hosting service for the purpose of large scale re-distribution is restricted without prior consent.

Special Thanks

Padishar - Updated fuel simulation logic.

Duxwing - Copy editing part descriptions and more.

mic_e - Impact calculations.

Keptin - For creating the tape drive model! (animation module was by me)

MrPwner - For supplying an awesome part model for use with this plugin! (EngineerChip)

DONATIONS

Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot!

btn_donate_LG.gif

Edited by cybutek

I can't seem to replicate this bug. Does it only happen on one type of command module, one associated with another mod pack etc.? Was the ship directly behind the window by any chance? There is a slightly bug where you can click through the window on anything behind in the building environment.

That could definitely be done. It is very early works at the moment, but anything is possible. Another feature which has been mentioned is the ability to use the engineer within a flight, to show ship and orbital statistics without the need for MechJeb. Using a part that can be placed on top the command pod which a parachute can then be attached to.

Thanks! I have not yet fully tested it, but a minor bug, when attached to the command module, every part behaved as if being the command module (clicking allowed you to move the entire craft, nothing could be deleted).

Thanks so much for working on this, it looks great!

I've encountered this glitch before in situations completely unrelated to this mod, but just to clarify that it's not a problem with this mod you should fumble around with the shift key a bit to get things working again. Shift+clicking the entire craft, moving it, then placing it again should reset whatever causes the jam.

I noticed a big problem, that was also present on the earlier version. Once attached to a ship in the VAB, it is not possible to select the part and remove it. You have to remove the parent part altogether.

Why don't you use the original Engineer model, I bet neither jhulthgre nor the designer Evolution have problems with it being used, as long as you mention the original.

I've not used the original part because this project is being built from the ground up. I do not want people thinking all I've used his code as well as his parts.

Also MrPwner... Absolutely brilliant part you've got there. I'm going to make use of it right away in my test version, which currently has all the delta-v guts laid out on the floor, hehehe. All of the mass calculations and thrust to weight stuff is absolutely fine, just the delta-v's need attending to. As soon as there's another working version, I'll be sure to whack it up ASAP. With your part included :)

I can't seem to replicate this bug. Does it only happen on one type of command module, one associated with another mod pack etc.? Was the ship directly behind the window by any chance? There is a slightly bug where you can click through the window on anything behind in the building environment.

Appears it was just a fluke. It appears it was just a fluke. Sorry about the confusion and the long delay.

Phew... One less thing to worry about!

I've scrapped just releasing a hotfix for the problems as version 0.1.1 and going for a complete re-code for version 0.2. I came to the conclusion that the 0.1 code was not modular enough to allow for when KSP 0.17 comes out with the new planets. If I spend a bit of time now, it will make updating for 0.17 easier and quicker, unless they completely break the code.

Hello

One...small(?)...problem

I am usualy put the tanks together with the decoupler in the same stage - because i make liquid parallel boosters with different timings.

so you have to know when you what tank decouple.

But when tanks and engines are not in the same stage there is no Delta-V reading.

anyway

would be nice to have..but the readings for the stage weights are gold anyway....saving lot of time.

Ahoy everyone... There's a new version available to grab! Tell me what you think and what could be added or made better. This is a work in progress project that is constantly moving, so your idea could be the next in line for implementation.

Nice! I really love that you restored (and have gone further with) the engineer plugin. Saves me a lot of time on Delta-V calculations ;)

Together with upcoming center of mass etc, test flights will only need to be flown to confirm your rocket works as intended^^

The Kerbals will be very happy :P

One bug: I added a second engineer to a rocket (it had 2 sats on it), and the Engineer VAB window half-disappeared, leaving only a glitchy grey bar. When I went to launch, I couldn't click anything, even though the "clear debris from launchpad" and "abort launch" buttons lit up when moused over. I will try to replicate this when I get home.

Feature requests:

- orbital period

- longitude of/time to ascending/descending nodes

- longitude of periapsis and true anomaly (and by extension, the spacecraft's longitude relative to the planet it is orbiting, for adjusting phases)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.