Irritating thing about updates I have - please help!

Heya peeps, I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here.

I do not use Steam.

I'm having trouble with updates.

So, as a KSP kid, I technically have to use my parents' account to download KSP. But... the question is, how do I install the new updates without actually buying it again??

We've (they've :P ) currently spent around $480 buying and rebuying it- please help!

NOTE: This now extends to the MHE

Edited by HansonKerman

Please tell me you're joking about re-buying the game over and over.  You buy it once, you get updates for life.  The only exception is if you buy the Making History DLC, which you buy that once... and get its updates for life.

You simply go where you got it the first time, and download it again, but the newer version.  Back up your saves if you want to migrate them, install new version, and if you want, uninstall the old version.

Unless you got it through Steam, in which case it will update for you automatically.

What do you mean parents' account?  Computer user account?  Bank account?  Store account?

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

You simply go where you got it the first time, and download it again, but the newer version.  Back up your saves if you want to migrate them, install new version, and if you want, uninstall the old version.

RIGHT. How do I do that? Also I don't use Steam.

1 minute ago, HansonKerman said:

RIGHT. How do I do that? Also I don't use Steam.

Instructions are literally in what you quoted.

Where did you get it from?  If they're not updating what you can download, then you did not get it from an authorized distributor.

Just now, HansonKerman said:

*sigh* I downloaded it from the website, and I (my mom) sign in every time, but we don't know where the download thingy is. We know how to buy it but we don't know where the... <repeat>

This is where I get confused, because why would you just continue to re-purchase it instead of contacting Squad's tech support?  Also, I'm concerned that they would let you re-purchase the game with the same account.  I don't know of any online retailer that lets you purchase multiple copies of digital games.

AFAIK there's simply a downloads tab once you log in.  I got mine from GoG, so I don't know exactly.  Hopefully someone that got theirs from the store can provide you with a screenshot.

You may also want to contact Squad about possibly getting some kind of refund... may not work, but they should not have let you buy the game more than once.  Unless, of course, you were making multiple accounts..

Okay you go to kerbalspaceprogram.com. It takes years to load and then you get a bar along the top. You click "store"

Then, you log in with the user name and password you used before.

Then, you click "My Account"

Then, you get a download link.

I just did this myself to make 100% sure I was doing it correctly. It's not super obvious but it is not so difficult to spend hundreds of dollars instead!

Edited by 5thHorseman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.