[KSP >= 1.3.0] TweakScale - Under Lisias' Management - 2.4.7.6 - 2024-0322

Lisias

3 hours ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

So this can work without any problems, or any kraken summons at 1.11?

None until the moment. I'm using any sparing time to test not only the most used add'ons, but also some less used ones, and things are working fine until this moment (as long the TweakScale support is up to date. KIS, KAS, and some others had changed themselves and lost TS support - check the TweakScale Companion Thread for up to date support).

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Seems to have no krakens, press Cancel when Tweakscale window threatening you will appear on load.

But use S.A.V.E., just in case!

2 hours ago, bigred said:

Hi, 

I'm using version 1.11 and I have some serious issues with TweakScale.

The most obvious one is that various parts cannot be sized properly and are comically blown up one thousand percent in size.

Could someone look into this?

https://imgur.com/a/OwcFkhN

I need the full KSP.log to inspect what's installed on your rig.

Sounds like some outdated patch, as tmasterson5 or similar.

11 hours ago, bigred said:

I was wrong, no obvious culprit this time.

I need to ask you to delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache on GameData, then rerun KSP. On the Main Menu, quit KSP and then send me:

• <KSP>/GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache
  • <KSP/Logs    (everything you find here)
  • <KSP>/KSP.log
  • Unity's Player Log (see OP for instructions, it's on one of the Spoilers)

Hey,  

Using ksp v1.10.1 with tweak scale v2.4.3.21 as well as all tweak v0.7. I have been trying to rescale the g-32w hinge but what happens is anything i attach to that afterwards becomes scaled to the same factor after launching and returning to the vab or just leaving and returning to the vab. But it appears to only be a glitch in the vab/sph as when you launch again the part is its original size, but this all make building difficult. this glitch only appears to be in the breaking ground robotic dlc parts. i noticed standard tweak scale doesn't allow for scaling of the dlc robotic parts which is why i installed all tweak. but i do remember reading somewhere today that the way all tweak implements the module in a bit hit and miss. really dying for help on this, can provide any gamedata files that would be useful. 

https://imgur.com/a/5ItYloU

6 hours ago, FDAUT said:

Hey,  

Using ksp v1.10.1 with tweak scale v2.4.3.21 as well as all tweak v0.7. I have been trying to rescale the g-32w hinge but what happens is anything i attach to that afterwards becomes scaled to the same factor after launching and returning to the vab or just leaving and returning to the vab. But it appears to only be a glitch in the vab/sph as when you launch again the part is its original size, but this all make building difficult. this glitch only appears to be in the breaking ground robotic dlc parts. i noticed standard tweak scale doesn't allow for scaling of the dlc robotic parts which is why i installed all tweak. but i do remember reading somewhere today that the way all tweak implements the module in a bit hit and miss. really dying for help on this, can provide any gamedata files that would be useful. 

I'm not sure All Tweak is a good idea.  The base tweakscale does not let you resize robotics parts, and some others, probably for these types of reasons. 

6 hours ago, FDAUT said:

Hey,  

Yep, this is the reason I didn't implemented support for TweakScale for most robotic parts yet. I need to write code specifically for these parts.

I'm working on the new 2.4.4.x series, where every technical debit will be tackled down, including this one, but one at at time - the 2.4.4.0 with some new parts being supported (finally, Variants that change mass and cost!) is expected to be released very soon. :) 

27 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I'm not sure All Tweak is a good idea.  The base tweakscale does not let you resize robotics parts, and some others, probably for these types of reasons. 

It's a niche solution. Some people just don't care about balance or plausibility too much, all they want is to scale parts and have fun. All Tweak works fine to them, and at the same time demonstrates how good patches, carefully crafted and curated are important for everybody else. :)

(and since All Tweak prevents itself from messing with parts that already have TweakScale support, I really can't complain about it! This is one of the most well behaving add'ons I know about! ;) )

ANNOUNCE

Release 2.4.4.0 is available for downloading, with the following changes:

• Updated KSPe Light for TweakScale:
    • Suport for KSP 1.11
  • Chain Scaling now jumps over parts without TweakScale support, instead of just breaking the chain.
  • Parts with Variants that change Mass and/or Cost are now supported. #HURRAY
  • Formal Public Interface for scaling helpers (used mainly by the Companions)
  • Added ignoreResourcesForCost attribute to allow custom modules to deactivate TweakScale calculations for resources
  • Installation checks, detecting common installation errors.
  • Complete overhaul of the patches for Stock (and DLC) parts
    • Only fixes that don't break current savegames were applied.
    • TweakScale 2.5 will have further fixes merged, even when unbalancing existing crafts. 
  • Issues Fixed:
    • Formally closes 49 issues, backporting (almost) all fixes from the Beta Releases until 2.5.0.27. Please see the Change Log, as they are too much to be enumerated comfortably here!

All of these totalling 353 commits to be merged since the previous 2.4.3.21 release!!

See OP for the links.

Highlights

Formal support for KSP from 1.4.4 to 1.11

KSP 1.11 didn't introduced any changes that break TweakScale, so it's formally supported. However, in order to proper support Variants, the minimal KSP version supported by now is 1.4.4 . Sorry for that.

TweakScale 2.5 aims to bring back support for KSP down to 1.2.2 (exactly how, is still work in progress, but it's feasible as being demonstrated by some Unofficial forks of mine).

Parts with Variants

Variants that change Cost and/or Nass are now fully supported, but TweakScale is struggling to support Parts with Variants that changes Attachment Nodes.

I had planned to withdraw TweakScale support from such parts as I did in the past, but then I realised that most Version 2 parts from already scalable parts (as Terrier...) would had TweakScale withdrawn, and this would render some crafts and savegames corrupted.

Since most of these parts didn't misbehave on a noticeable way, I decided to just let it go as is for while. Just a few stock parts are misbehaving into a noticeable way, and these parts are (until the moment):

• The Mastodon engine
  • The Structural Tubes
    • T-12
    • T-18
    • T-25
    • T-37
    • T-50

And probably more, as Add'Ons starts to use such feature. 

The only workaround at the moment is to descale these parts before applying the variant and then scaling them again. Alternatively, just detach and reattach the misbehaving parts.

A proper fix is Work in Progress, and is expected to be released on 2.4.4.1 2.4.4.something.....

Deprecating Patches

Support for all non Squad parts are on a deprecating status and will be definitively removed on TweakScale 2.5. The TweakScale Companion Program will be the source for supporting third-parties add'ons.

It's advised to install the needed Companions as they reach Gold status.

Sanity Checks

Parts using Firespitter's FSbuoyancy needs the latest TweakScale Companion for Firespitter, as only the Companion has the specific code that knows how to handle it.

Overrules

A overrule, as the name says, is a patch the overrules TweakScale (and anything else) in order to make things broken in a deterministic way.

A complete essay can be found here.

Hot Fixes

A Hot Fix is a hand crafted patch that fixes by brute force patching problems, forcing the original intended result for a given KSP installment. The difference from an overrule is that Hot Fixes don't break compatibility with sane installments, so you can start new savegames and share your crafts without worries.

A complete essay can be found here.

New Scaling Behaviour

A new TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOUR, ModuleGeneratorExtended , is available for parts using ModuleGenerator that wants to scale the INPUT_RESOURCES too. This feature wasn't introduced directly into the ModuleGenerator's TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS to prevent damage on Add'Ons (and savegames) that rely on the current behaviour (scaling only the output), as suddenly the resource consumption would increase on already stablished bases and crafts.

Just add the lines as the example below (the output resources scaling is still inherited from the default patch!).

@PART[my_resource_converter]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[ModuleGeneratorExtended]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

WARNINGS

The known Unholy interaction between modules (Kraken Food), rogue patches or known incompatibilities between third parties Add'On that can lead to disasters are being detected on the Sanity Checks with a proper (scaring) warning being shown. A full essay about these issues can be found here.

Unfortunately, such issues are a serious Show Stopper, potentially (and silently) ruining your savegames. This is not TweakScale fault, but yet it's up to it to detect the problem and warn you about it. If this happens with you, call for help. A Cancel button is available for the brave Kerbonauts willing to fly unsafe.

TweakScale strongly recommends using S.A.V.E..

Special procedures for recovering mangled installments once the TweakScale are installed (triggering the MM cache rebuilding) are possible, but keep your savegames backed up. And DON`T SAVE your crafts once you detect the problem. Reach me on Forum for help.

TweakScale stills mangles further affected crafts and savegames with some badly (but recoverable) patched parts so when things are fixed, your crafts preserve the TweakScale settings without harm. THIS DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM, as this is beyond the reach of TweakScale - but it at least prevents you from losing your crafts and savegames once the problem happens and then it is later fixed. You will detect this by KSP complaining about a missing TweakScaleRogueDuplicate module (previously TweakScaleDisabled, renamed for clarity). You can safely ignore this.

Keep an eye on the Known Issues file.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  • CurseForge - will not upload. New TweakScale release is needed due KSP 1.11 bug.
  • SpaceDock (and CKAN users) - will not upload. New TweakScale release is needed due KSP 1.11 bug.

The reasoning is to gradually distribute the Release to easily monitor the deployment and cope with eventual mishaps.

Edited by Lisias
CurseForge and SpaceDock aborted for this release. Check the newest one on the OP

Wee, the first fatality! :P

Let's crack this nut!

5 minutes ago, viveleroi said:

I am getting this warning when using the latest 2.4.4.0 version from github. 

Here is the log: https://botsko.s3.amazonaws.com/KSP.log

That one is my fault. Sorry. A duplicated patch leaked on the building process (collateral effect of me shoving some order on the mess it was the patches until 2.4.3.21).

You can manually delete the file <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg .

Or just delete the whole TweakScale folder, download again the TweakScale-2.4.4.0.zip file from the github and reinstall it.

For the sake of completude, I just closed an issue about exactly this problem.

5 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Let's crack this nut!

That one is my fault. Sorry. A duplicated patch leaked on the building process (collateral effect of me shoving some order on the mess it was the patches until 2.4.3.21).

You can manually delete the file <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg .

Or just delete the whole TweakScale folder, download again the TweakScale-2.4.4.0.zip file from the github and reinstall it.

Awesome! I really appreciate your time and damn if that wasn't a fast and helpful reply! I will try this soon.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Lisias said:

Let's crack this nut!

Hello, Lisias,

/GameData/TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg is still in  TweakScale-2.4.4.0.zip  package, is that correct?

Removed Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg manually - got same result (KSP 1.10, HeatControl 5.2.0, Tweakscale 2.4.4.0) 13 "Fatalities"

Spoiler

[LOG 22:28:42.407] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-conformal-1 (GR-50 High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.407] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-conformal-2 (GR-150 High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.407] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-conformal-3 (GR-1500 High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.407] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-universal-1 (XR-150 High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.408] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-universal-2 (XR-1000 High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.408] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-universal-3 (XR-1250 High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.408] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-fixed-1 (VF-150 'Beta' High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.408] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-fixed-2 (VF-25 'Alpha' High Temperature Radiator Fin) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.408] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-fixed-3 (VF-600 'Gamma' High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.408] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-fixed-4 (VF-2000 'Delta' High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.409] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-surface-125-1 (YF-25 'Ezikiel' High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.409] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-surface-25-1 (YF-75 'Volta' High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.409] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part radiator-surface-375-1 (YF-150 'Amos' High Temperature Heat Radiator) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ). at error:0
[LOG 22:28:42.436] [TweakScale] INFO: NULL ConfigNode for Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1_v2/liquidEngineLV-1R _v2/radialEngineMini_v2 (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!
[LOG 22:28:42.436] [TweakScale] INFO: NULL ConfigNode for Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-1_v2/liquidEngineLV-1R _v2/radialEngineMini_v2 (unholy characters on the name?). Trying partConfig instead!

full LOG

Edited by Nik Power

39 minutes ago, Nik Power said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hello, Lisias,

/GameData/TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale.cfg is still in  TweakScale-2.4.4.0.zip  package, is that correct?

I think you downloaded the file before the CDN cache had expired, I just downloaded it again and on my zip this file is not there anymore.

I will check the KSP.log as soon you authorise the download on google drive!

15 minutes ago, Nik Power said:

Ah, always forgetting that sharing option must work now

It's the leaking file:

[LOG 22:25:36.367] Applying update TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nerta_Tweakscale/@PART[radiator-conformal-1] to HeatControl/Parts/Radiators/radiator-conformal/radiator-conformal-1.cfg/PART[radiator-conformal-1]
[LOG 22:25:36.578] Applying update TweakScale/Deprecating/patches/Nertea_Tweakscale/@PART[radiator-conformal-1] to HeatControl/Parts/Radiators/radiator-conformal/radiator-conformal-1.cfg/PART[radiator-conformal-1]

I just download it again, and no, the leaking file is not there. Perhaps a local cache?

In a way or another, this is the file I just downloaded (and had confirmed not having the leaking file).

If anything goes wrong again, I think we have a CDN problem - or perhaps a local cache misbehaving?

-- POST EDIT --

Be sure to completely remove all TweakScale folder contents before applying the new one! :)

Edited by Lisias
post edit

32 minutes ago, Nik Power said:

Reinstalled the TweakScale from updated .zip - KSP stopped complaining. Now seems I just need a TSCompanion for AirplanePlus and Firespitter

You got it!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_APP/releases/ (Release Candidate)

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScaleCompanion_FS/releases (Beta)

Thread link.

The Companion for Firespitter may have some glitches, I didn't tested it yet with the 2.4.4.0 - it was working on the TwealScale 2.5 beta, of course, but I had to priorize my available time and testing it ended up being postponed. I plan to work on it this week, as my day job allows.

The Airplane Plus one is almost gold status. I don't expect any problems on it.

10 minutes ago, SpaceFoon said:

Why is this not stock in the game? Really glad this works with 1.11. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hey, do you want me to be "jobless"? :sticktongue:

(be advised that the Mastodon and the Tubes will need some manual intervention on scaling after changing variants - I'm working on this glitch on the Beta branch, but boy, this one is fighting back. Fiercely!)

Welcome!! :)

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

what about scaling on engine plates? 

Well, the engine plates are parts with Variants that change Mass and Cost, and so now they are being scaled! :)

However....  They also change Attachment Nodes, so they will work almost fine - as long you don't change the variant after scaling, or you descale it to the default size before changing variant (and then scale it again). Yeah, kinda a pain in the SAS, I know - but it's a viable workaround until I fix the symmetry I broke when I implemented  the scaling of attachment points on variants in the current TS 2.5 Beta.

103182025-758e2700-4886-11eb-8287-315f8d