installed a mod for an older version, now my games broke :(

i wanted vens stock parts in a fully up to date version of ksp, and i thought that i could put vens stock parts revamp in and if it didnt work i could just delete it......and well i guess i was wrong because now when i load my quicksave this happens.

i have absolutely no control over the ship, and once the fuel burns up or i cut the engines it gets all wobbly and one of the legs falls off, also the engine shroud jsut kind of showed back up.

is their any saving this?

EDIT oh, and sorry about the capture, shadowplay has been acting strange recently, it likes to think my game is in 4k resolution for some reason.

Edited by putnamto

well the closest quicksave is eons ago (like 100 science ago) but it seems only this ship is affected, ive relaunched a replica and the shrouds seem to dissapear as they should and i have full control, so i guess im just going to cheat a ship their and call it a day.

thanks for the help horseman.

EDIT
hmmm, when i switched back to the ship on the mun so i could eva the kerbal it seems to be fully operational again, the shrouds are still glued to the ship though, weird.

welp, ill just take that as a lesson to not install mods from older version.

Edited by putnamto

This is why you always back up your saved games folder BEFORE you install any new (or in your case, old) mods. Yes, it slows down the updating process, but this way, if you screw up your game file, then all you have to do is remove the offending mod, then delete the saved folder. Reinstall your saved games folder in its place.

Oh, and I only update my game on Friday night - this way, it is easier to figure out which mod or mods may have caused the problem.  :)

Oh, and this is a common problem when you toss in an older mod into a newer version of KSP. I learned this lesson back in .90!

6 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Was there nothing usable in the saves' backup folder?

didnt know such a thing existed until now, thanks.

6 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, and this is a common problem when you toss in an older mod into a newer version of KSP. I learned this lesson back in .90!

i read that as 90, like, 1990, lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.