kunedo

[1.6.x] Space Bus

Recommended Posts

SourceCode

Download Latest Version

Craft Save

Images

 

Space Bus is a mod to add to game a transport shuttle, incorpore a set of parts with radiators, solar panels ,isru and more.

Incorpore adjust navball control for vtol and interior with a interactable button for toggle lights.

Airlock is blocked with doors closed. thx to 3dhaupth for model.

Incorporates:

1 deployable radiators

1 solar panels

fuelcell

isru

drill

engine orbital

engine vtol

2 brakes

wings

antenna

pod

 

Change Log:

 

Version 0.0.1:

initial pre-release.

 

Version 0.0.2:

-Added compatibility with KSP-AVC.

-Change format texture.

-Create new model for solar panels.

-Now the pod has an orbital motor.

-Separated the main engines.

-Change landing gear for support with TCA.

-Rewrite config for engines isp.

-Rewrite config for pod angular drag for facility re-entry.

-Fixed minor issues.

-Removed prop from interior due to the terms and conditions.

-Drill has been improved although the model will later change.

 

Version 0.0.4:

-Removed control plugin and replaced by stock control.
-Fixed error with animations.
-Updated for ksp 1.6.0

 

Version 0.1.1.0:

-Added Variant skin.
-Compatible with Raster Prop Monitor.
-Added docking port.
-Radiators heat animation.
-internal lights synchronize with external lights.
-Separated vtol.

DATA structure changed , first uninstall older versions.

 

How to install

Unzip the contents of "GameData" to your GameData folder, same as with most mods.

If you update, it is recommended to first remove the old space bus and perform a new installation.

Space Bus requires Module manager.

Space Bus Recommends KSP-AVC.

Space Bus Recommends Raster Prop Monitor.

Available in CKAN.

Space Bus is licensed under GPL-3.0

Edited by kunedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded it.  It is easy to build, and it flies great!!!  I took it off. Achieved Kerbin orbit. Made a slow reentry and ran out of fuel at 30K meters, on the first flight, without knowing what I was doing!  

I love your artwork and textures too.  Thank you for creating this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thomash said:

I downloaded it.  It is easy to build, and it flies great!!!  I took it off. Achieved Kerbin orbit. Made a slow reentry and ran out of fuel at 30K meters, on the first flight, without knowing what I was doing!  

I love your artwork and textures too.  Thank you for creating this.

thanks man! the configs of the motors is provisional, the same goes for the solar panels, radiators, isru and drill, the configs are the same as in stock, the 3d models of the same will also be replaced over time, now I work on the solar panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will look at the re-entry, barely has a facelift and that's why it's hard for him to slow down in re-entry. sorry for my english xD using translator xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Kunedo,

 

I like this vessel. It has potential. But I have a question:

I like to use Allistas 'Throttle Controlled Avionics' (TCA). That is a mod helping one to move VTOL vehicles around. Landing and taking up and so on.

Normally the vessels like Major Toms Eagle Transporter or the Lander from the Endurance are been supported by TCA. Unfortunally your Space Bus is not. And I cannot see why this is so. Do you have an idea?

 

Greetings,

Isabelle

 

edit: I found out that if I leave the left and right lander, then I can use TCA. If I attach them (what I would like to) then TCA is not possible.

I will see, if I can find something that is the problem with the landers.

Edited by Isabelle.V.Fuchs
I found out something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Isabelle.V.Fuchs said:

Hello Kunedo,

 

I like this vessel. It has potential. But I have a question:

I like to use Allistas 'Throttle Controlled Avionics' (TCA). That is a mod helping one to move VTOL vehicles around. Landing and taking up and so on.

Normally the vessels like Major Toms Eagle Transporter or the Lander from the Endurance are been supported by TCA. Unfortunally your Space Bus is not. And I cannot see why this is so. Do you have an idea?

 

Greetings,

Isabelle

 

edit: I found out that if I leave the left and right lander, then I can use TCA. If I attach them (what I would like to) then TCA is not possible.

I will see, if I can find something that is the problem with the landers.

I will study it, possibly it is a conflict for the orientation of the ship when using the lander mode, but I am not sure. Thank you for telling me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, Isabelle.V.Fuchs said:

like this vessel. It has potential. But I have a question:

I like to use Allistas 'Throttle Controlled Avionics' (TCA). That is a mod helping one to move VTOL vehicles around. Landing and taking up and so on.

Normally the vessels like Major Toms Eagle Transporter or the Lander from the Endurance are been supported by TCA. Unfortunally your Space Bus is not. And I cannot see why this is so. Do you have an idea?

It's because of the way the bus is built and how TCA works.  TCA only works by controlling the throttle of different engines - and this bus only has two engines, one down and one to the back, so there isn't enough to control the bus by varying the engines.  If the bottom engines were split out into individual pieces (or even two front and two rear), TCA would be able to work with it.  That would be my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@kunedo from kottabos' video I observed the following points. It's all constructive and is meant in part to help you to see how parts may or may not work, and to aid you in developing a sense of balance, namely in tank capacity and engines.

  • The floating flag transforms could be put onto the wing part itself since it seems that's what they're built into, once the Bus is fully assembled. And there are other flag transforms on the bus body anyway so that's cool.
  • Your drill may need to have a rotation animation added, and upscaled. It's so small l don't think it can reach the ground.
  • Similarly to the problem of the VTOL engine, the wing piece should be split into a forward piece and a rear piece. There can only be one center of lift and deflection in a part, and that's where your control surface momentum is at-- in the center of its model, and controlled by its position relative to the Bus's center of mass. Having it as is will greatly reduce its expected effectiveness as a wing, or rather, as 2 wings because it's actually 1 wing. (This I know from OPT wings that are both wing and elevon combined).
  • Some of your mirrored parts (solar panel, radiator, airbrake, side landing leg, maybe the back or front leg if these are identical too) can have their clones be deleted, and their orientations tested to see whether they'll automatically fit in their slots on the opposite side of the bus.
  • The resource capacities could be lowered to be much more proper and the engines configured to be much better (having much higher Isp and proper performance curves for their roles) assuming this mod is based in sci-fi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@kunedo from kottabos' video I observed the following points. It's all constructive and is meant in part to help you to see how parts may or may not work, and to aid you in developing a sense of balance, namely in tank capacity and engines.

  • The floating flag transforms could be put onto the wing part itself since it seems that's what they're built into, once the Bus is fully assembled. And there are other flag transforms on the bus body anyway so that's cool.
  • Your drill may need to have a rotation animation added, and upscaled. It's so small l don't think it can reach the ground.
  • Similarly to the problem of the VTOL engine, the wing piece should be split into a forward piece and a rear piece. There can only be one center of lift and deflection in a part, and that's where your control surface momentum is at-- in the center of its model, and controlled by its position relative to the Bus's center of mass. Having it as is will greatly reduce its expected effectiveness as a wing, or rather, as 2 wings because it's actually 1 wing. (This I know from OPT wings that are both wing and elevon combined).
  • Some of your mirrored parts (solar panel, radiator, airbrake, side landing leg, maybe the back or front leg if these are identical too) can have their clones be deleted, and their orientations tested to see whether they'll automatically fit in their slots on the opposite side of the bus.
  • The resource capacities could be lowered to be much more proper and the engines configured to be much better (having much higher Isp and proper performance curves for their roles) assuming this mod is based in sci-fi.

the flag I have already corrected I also realized watching the video xD, the drill need make a model but I have it in mind, the engines just finished separating them and center the thrust to the center of mass, the rest I write it down especially the wings, good criticism, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled onto this looking through spacedock. I like the design and look of it. I can see the potential of it and possible expansion of roles beyond that of a bus. I look forward to checking it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, man, that is REALLY COOL! :0.0:

As a turist-bus driver, I have to say: I´d love one of these in real life. :D
I happened to see it in Kottabos video. Great one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm now I have to go find the Kottabos video.... You should link it in the OP. :)

Kattabos Demo

I forget how to insert videos in the posts instead of just a link. :(

 

Hmm that looks like a big step up to the hatch ladder, will Kerbals be able to get up there without jumping?

Edited by BlackHat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

 

Funny as it is, I have testet the Space Bus with only the Main Unit (the pod) plus the two engines (vtol and Main engine).

TCA run smooth and very well. So the engines are not the problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Isabelle.V.Fuchs said:

Hi!

 

Funny as it is, I have testet the Space Bus with only the Main Unit (the pod) plus the two engines (vtol and Main engine).

TCA run smooth and very well. So the engines are not the problems.

fails with the side lander alone, or with any lander? It is possible that a collider of the side lander makes conflict with TCA, this afternoon - night I get with this problem, before launching the new update. Thanks for the info, it's very useful for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, the "change mode" feature alone (Cruise/Lander) would already make the mod worth it!
And the bus work as a nice hover/boat as well: 46m/s over the water. Great!

Again, thank you for the mod; finally even a sucker pilot like me can take the kerbals from one surface base to another without any deaths. :D
 

Space-Bus-hover-1.png Space-Bus-hover-2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Isabelle.V.Fuchs

I miss an error with the landing module, I have to inspect it more thoroughly to find the error, try to solve it as soon as possible, I'm sorry and thanks for your patience and understanding :)

error log -

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.OnPlanetProps.AddGear (.PartModule pm)
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.VesselWrapper.UpdateParts ()
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.VesselWrapper..ctor (ThrottleControlledAvionics.ModuleTCA tca)
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.ModuleTCA.init ()
    ThrottleControlledAvionics.ModuleTCA+<delayed_init>d__58.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Edited by kunedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is weird, I have been documenting for several hours how the module call declares, and I do not understand it because it does not take the gear module, and tested with several models and none works, if it is not the stock landers it does not take the module , while the problem persists, if you use TCA, use stock landers to avoid problems. If I find the solution, I will notify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, I've had enough xD, I can not find possible solution, so I'll do it in another way, the problem is in the ModuleWheelDeployment, so are the landers in another way to avoid this problem. I have already tested it and this way it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Space Bus Updated!

Spoiler

Version 0.0.2:

-Added compatibility with KSP-AVC.

-Change format texture.

-Create new model for solar panels.

-Now the pod has an orbital motor.

-Separated the main engines.

-Change landing gear for support with TCA.

-Rewrite config for engines isp.

-Rewrite config for pod angular drag for facility re-entry.

-Fixed minor issues.

-Removed prop from interior due to the terms and conditions.

-Drill has been improved although the model will later change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.