HELP!

Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

6 hours ago, Wassup9882 said:

Jebediah is stuck in a stable orbit around kerbin and I can't get him back! I'm garbage at rendezvous so I can't save him with a rocket. WHAT DO I DO?!? ),:

How high an orbit? i.e. what are your Ap and Pe heights?

Also,  are you playing sandbox or career? And if it's career, what level is Jeb?

And is Jeb just floating around by himself in his spacesuit? Or is he snug inside a reentry-capable vehicle and your problem is simply that you're out of fuel?

(Reason I'm asking all these questions: there are various potential options,  but which ones might be feasible depends on your situation. )

If you have the ability to EVA, you can actually, literally, get out and push.  EVA out, then use Jeb's thrusters to push the pod retrograde into a sub orbital path.  You don't need to get it far, just get your pe down under 70km and you'll eventually come down.  Just try to do it as close to your ap as you can.

EVA fuel is unlimited in that you can get back in the pod and fill back up.  Once you get down to about 1 unit left, puff your way back into the pod, and get back out again if you need to.

Unless you mean Jeb's out there by himself without a spaceship capable of re-entry, in which case a rescue rocket is your only option.

Edited by Geonovast

6 hours ago, Wassup9882 said:

Jebediah is stuck in a stable orbit around kerbin and I can't get him back! I'm garbage at rendezvous so I can't save him with a rocket. WHAT DO I DO?!? ),:

Welcome to the forums for starters!

Don't count yourself out yet, you just need to learn to rendezvous, you couldn't ride a bike at one time either right? Once you learned though; it's easy peezy-lemon squeezy!

Follow along with this simple illustrated guide, and you'll be doing it blindfolded in no time.

zAxhwQ5.png

Please ask if you have questions or need any clarification. Best of luck!

10 hours ago, Wassup9882 said:

Practice.  Pretty soon you'll have a whole new skill and have to put up with Jeb pushing-in on every flight again.

2 hours ago, Foxster said:

Install MechJeb and either let it show you how to do a rendezvous or just let it do it for you. 

:/

No offense, and this isn't an "anti-MechJeb" thing (Ok, maybe a little bit.) I thought this was an educational game where we learn orbital mechanics and try to better ourselves? Using MechJeb as a learning tool is one thing, but just letting it do it for you, and never even attempting to learn?

I'm really against "catching a man a fish" instead of teaching him to fish himself. There is no pride, accomplishment, or self improvement to be gained from having someone else catch your fish for you.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

5 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

... letting it do it for you, and never even attempting to learn?

We don't all want to or have the the ability to play KSP like Scott Manley. Some of us just pick the bits of the game that suit us. If rendezvousing is a pain in the butt that we can't or don't want to master then that's our choice.  

Edited by Foxster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.