Difficulty Attaching Rover Sub-assembly

I made a rover delivery system and have a rover as sub-assembly - the root part of the rover is a docking port (jr), but when I want to attach the rover by its port to a specific port on the craft in the VAB it just floats around the port when I want to attach it. It does not "snap on" as it should.

Help please!

https://imgur.com/a/UG1kOmK

83LvKsw.jpg

Two things, one your docking port on the ship does not seem to be centered.  Probably not related to the issue, but is an affront to my OCD. :)

Try re-rooting the rover.  You should be able to do it in this screen, using the re-root tool.  Just click the rover and then the port, there might be some issue with what the game thinks is the actual root. 

Is it just floating around, or is it trying to surface attach to the areas around it?  If it's trying to surface attach, you can hold (I believe it's ALT on Windows, for me on Linux it's right shift) to disable surface attachment.

9 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Is it just floating around, or is it trying to surface attach to the areas around it?  If it's trying to surface attach, you can hold (I believe it's ALT on Windows, for me on Linux it's right shift) to disable surface attachment.

Okay, it was trying to surface attach, so I used the ALT key and it did attach. But now, when testing it, there is no decouple option when right-clicking on the ports.

CRAFT FILE: https://mega.nz/#!FQxgUKgL!sVqKOj8w48vXuNPqTUZPrSvWjSeWxfF-D7g5gKU6uiM

If anyone would mind looking at it, and explaining what I did wrong, I will be very grateful.

EDIT:

Got it to work - thing was, when holding the ALT Key to attach it to the port, it attached 'too deep' to the port. So, I had to pull it a bit back with the mouse while still holding the ALT key.

Edited by DawidVenter
FIXED IT!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.