Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: History and Parts Pack Grand Discussion Thread!

UomoCapra

YPmQecAQhKq1DDQfYy4ZIVGknL1BgIyDL9KphUSV

Hand in hand with BlitWorks and Private Division, we have developed the first console-optimized DLC for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition and a very substantial free update that we are very happy to release for players to enjoy on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

The first downloadable content for the critically acclaimed space simulation game adds new content to Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition, featuring missions inspired by historical events, and a wealth of new parts for players to use across their KSP experience.

Historic Missions

History and Parts Pack includes 10 exciting missions inspired by humankind’s own space exploration. Now you can spacewalk, pull off a crash landing, and attempt to recreate some of the most memorable moments inspired by historic events. All with our unique Kerbal twist, of course.

3brd1IXHFwM4KkHJzo4Oh2a4272aKhEl-qtrrgFa

New Parts and a Vintage Suit

This DLC also includes dozens of new parts along with a new astronaut suit, all inspired by the historic Space Race. Players can use these parts and suits throughout Kerbal Space Program.

E-EHZUcpaR1Yb5Up0XmwLQVmWxByD11I_G5FH2la

HFArzSNzdulqqjgOZMaaMC3l0oOaglnEiDk2wrXV

New Launch Sites!

Additionally, you will also have the ability to launch your crafts from 4 additional complexes: the Woomerang Launch Site, the Dessert Complex, the Island Runway and a brand new Mun Launch Site, not currently available on PC!

Iu10cSrMb5RrF5gZL48bnPaot-O9ixLevo2K5-9N

Free Update

Coupled with the DLC, Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition is getting a content-filled console-optimized update that will take bits and pieces of all updates we have released on PC after 1.2.1; some of the ones that people like the most, as well as performance improvements, bug fixes, and more!

Kerbal Personal Parachutes

Personal Parachutes are coming to KSP Enhanced Edition! Kerbals with level 3 and above experience will have fully steerable personal parachutes. You will be able to deploy the chutes using the cursor or via the secondary radial menu.

All part revamps up to PC 1.5

There has been a big effort on our side to give old parts a fresh new look, all with the intention of having a more sleek and cohesive part catalog. While staying true to the game’s original essence, the geometry and texture maps of these parts were completely redone. Some of these parts also include new texture variants to choose at will. Yes, you’re getting the variant switcher too!

tumblr_inline_pmxqseH8vP1rr2wit_540.jpg

New Suits

Both the recruit and veteran classic EVA and IVA Space Suits have been given a well-deserved overhaul and console players get to enjoy it now as well! We knew that such an iconic element of the game needed to stay true to its identity, so we are keeping its style, while also giving it a sleeker look.

baNCnfrokoqeSoj7iAC1GxPfEwjTdYcaXBpK5alg

And more!

Check out the Changelog for further details:

========================= KSP Enhanced Edition Patch 3 =======================
+++Changes
* Updated Unity version from 5.5 to 2017.4
* Updated Kerbal suits and added Kerbal suit variant support.
* Added support for part variants.
* Improved some existing parts.
* Kerbals can now be assigned to a Command Seat from VAB/SPH.
* Added EVA chute.
* Removed KSPedia from the game (functionality replaced online)
+++Fixed Bugs
* Fixed scroll in crew assignment window after filling all seats
* Fixed user not being unable to select the Staging region with the Simplified preset after reverting to the VAB when in Sandbox.
* Fixed buildings not being accessible when returning to the main menu while in the flag window
* Fixed pause menu failing to have functionality when opening a Contract Complete window and pausing the title during gameplay.
* Improved performance in some saving and loading scenarios
* Fixed Vessel editing becoming non-functional after transmitting data with the "Mystery Goo Containment Unit"

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition and the History and Parts Pack are available in the Xbox Marketplace and the PlayStation Store.

Remember that if you encounter any bugs and/or issues, you can help us out by reporting them in the Console Project within our Bugtracker and/or the Technical Support Thread for consoles in our Forum. This will help us with any future patches for the game.

As with every release this thread will be used to bundle all general discussion about the new version so that the forums can continue to actively host threads on other topics as well. Click here for the official release announcement for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition.

Happy launchings!

Users report bug screens, FPS and poor performance after the update. in the section KSP ps4. someone has already tried the update and the DLC? Thank you.

P.S. Standard PS4 version not pro

Edited by Atroner

Huh. I tried the update, and frankly, it was a little bit of an anticlimax. Only a few parts have the variant switcher. Kerbal Jetpack still works, but no exhaust is visible, and the kerbal parachute is terrific (thanks Squad!), it can't really produce enough lift to make any kind of craft (like a paraglider) that uses it as a wing. But worth it considering I can now make rovers that don't explode! :D

7 hours ago, Atroner said:

Users report bug screens, FPS and poor performance after the update. in the section KSP ps4. someone has already tried the update and the DLC? Thank you.

P.S. Standard PS4 version not pro

I have downloaded the update, and purchased the DLC, all seems to work so far.

I have noticed some lag while in the VAB, but I haven't had any problems yet.

Instead of having this chaos again, you can submit your new bugs on the Bug Tracker (https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/) They've fixed a lot of existing bugs. I've only encountered one thing last night (minor IVA issue), so I think they've done a pretty good job. It's going to take a long time to forgive them for what they did to my beloved Mk1-2 Command Pod (Never forget), and I'm sorta happy with the new Mk1 look, going to test out part variants and stuff tonight. 

The new suits look cool, but the EVA pack isn't producing any visual thrust. The crackling of the Panther and RAPIER is still present, and I've only had some FPS drops in the SPH and VAB when I move my cursor over to the parts area. But other than that, I think they've done a very good job!

4 hours ago, MajorFizz31 said:

Will console players ever get the surface altimeter? Will that come when you update console to 1.7??

Trouble is KSP is a processor heavy game due to the physics model (I assume) so I suspect squad/blitworks have to think long and hard about any feature they want to add to Enhanced edition. The altimeter, though useful, isn't essential imo, as there are ways to judge distance to the ground, like shadows or lights (not perfect, but workable) of course, if they ever introduce weather we will be screwed!

Im really looking forward to putting this update/DLC through its paces, I've already bought the DLC and set it to download but unfortunately won't get home to play it till tonight or possibly even tomorrow :/

downloaded it last night, installed and fired up.

not spent much time with it as yet or gotten far enough to find the previous bugs however one point of note so far, the controls feel more responsive, guessing this may be the change to Unity not being as CPU heavy, regardless if its that or just general code optimisation the game feels better.

the lag when you send a craft to the launch pad before the physics engine kicks in seem sot have essentially gone as well which is nice.

9 hours ago, Broke dead dogg said:

Trouble is KSP is a processor heavy game due to the physics model (I assume) so I suspect squad/blitworks have to think long and hard about any feature they want to add to Enhanced edition. The altimeter, though useful, isn't essential imo, as there are ways to judge distance to the ground, like shadows or lights (not perfect, but workable) of course, if they ever introduce weather we will be screwed!

Im really looking forward to putting this update/DLC through its paces, I've already bought the DLC and set it to download but unfortunately won't get home to play it till tonight or possibly even tomorrow :/

A thing that works for me is switch to IVA. There you can see the surface altimeter and made really nice and soft landing. (Also is a great experience to use the inner gauges) :D