DLC part separation bug in SPH

Has anyone else come across this? It seems if you test moving parts that are attached to other parts, sometimes the parts get out of alignment.  Notice the big gaps between the feet and legs of my crawler, as well as the big gaps between sections.  I've snapped those back into place half a dozen times already and they get discombobulated when I do a test playthrough on the controller.  It seems KSP is trying and not always succeeding in trying to figure out where parts that have moved should now go once things have stopped moving.

Also, has anyone else notice that sometimes parts you have put into the controller seem to suddenly vanish out of the controller?  You may have set up the controller to run 5 pistons, and suddenly 2 are missing.  This might be only an issue in Making History. So far I have not had problems when launching in the regular game.

PGtwdo1.png

Moving to Breaking Ground Support.

And yes, I've noticed. ;) My SlaveDriver mod is designated "pre-release" primarily because of this bug (the mod tickles the bug pretty hard).

It's certainly vexing. Breaking Ground just recently shipped, though, and it's not uncommon to see bugs in a major new release. My observation has been that Squad is usually pretty good about patches after major releases, so I'd be inclined to give them some time to address the problems.

I've not had this occur in the VAB, but I did have it happen in-game between two docking ports, one of which was attached to a telescopic piston, the other to an the interior of a cargo bay. The use of them was to allow a rover to be "winched" up inside the cargo bay once docked to the end of the piston.

At first the separation was fine, i.e. zero. However once the aircraft with the rover docked to it had been flown, there was a separation of about double the height of the visible part of the docking port, between the two ports. Even with the rover's wheels on the ground the separation didn't shrink if the piston was extended, it just pushed the rover suspension down.

The vehicles in question are below.

AbAGAS2.jpg

6 hours ago, Snark said:

Moving to Breaking Ground Support.

And yes, I've noticed. ;) My SlaveDriver mod is designated "pre-release" primarily because of this bug (the mod tickles the bug pretty hard).

It's certainly vexing. Breaking Ground just recently shipped, though, and it's not uncommon to see bugs in a major new release. My observation has been that Squad is usually pretty good about patches after major releases, so I'd be inclined to give them some time to address the problems.

I'm sure it will get sorted.  But if they don't know about it, they cannot fix it. I'll file a bug report.

Yes this is exactly what was happening to me in the editor. I took a screen shot but I couldn't figure out how to post it. And I noticed that the robotics are very weak. I tried making some landing legs similar to Space X and they wouldn't hold the weight of the ship. Hopefully this will get fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just encountered the same error on my refuelling truck. On Pol. :(

The piston has separated from the claw I placed on the end as a universal docking port. Fuel cross-feed still works, but it looks like the claw is just floating out there. I used the vehicle to refuel 4-5 other vessels before encountering this error. I'll file a bug report as well. Hopefully this gets sorted as the floating claw is starting to scare my poor kerbals.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.