Is the old poodle back?

I think we can't know much about the new parts until they make a game play trailer. The trailer looks like it uses the same models from KSP 1 so I guess they are still creating the new parts 

Edited by worir4

1 hour ago, SpaceCube2000 said:

My prediction is that you'll be able to switch between different models, with a remastered OG poodle being one of the selections. 

If they do this, I will be so happy. As long as they do remasters of all the OG parts.

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2019 at 5:09 PM, Frozen_Heart said:

or the actual planned engine?

I wish. I've never been a fan of the new poodle, I prefer the original one-bell design. I hope a future KSP update adds an option to switch to that model, and/or KSP2 can have an option for it

On 6/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Hope to see the OG orange tank back. How could Squad take it away from us?

The OG orange tank and the mainsail, we also need to have the same mk1 capsule and those pathetic tiny fins unlocked at the start

On 6/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Nirgal said:

The OG orange tank and the mainsail, we also need to have the same mk1 capsule and those pathetic tiny fins unlocked at the start

God yes. These and the poodle were iconic. Why did they use that engine for the real size kerbal rocket when they had that booth to announce KSP2? I'll bet it was because it was recognisable. Uniquely kerbal.

The blandification of all these parts was a big factor in pushing me away from the game, as it lost something of it's charm.

38 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

The blandification of all these parts was a big factor in pushing me away from the game

I like unification, but by unification, I mean making similar themes for all parts so that rockets and individual stages can follow the same theme without odd parts - not making all the decouplers identical. The old part models were yes, uniquely kerbal, but also had a function in letting you tell what a part is immediately without having to look at the name. KSP 2 might have picked up on this and will probably be remastering the parts properly, retaining the original models and colour palettes while letting the players colour the parts with a specific theme to fit each other, rather than copypasting 50s boring bland ugly rockets.

15 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I like unification, but by unification, I mean making similar themes for all parts so that rockets and individual stages can follow the same theme without odd parts - not making all the decouplers identical. The old part models were yes, uniquely kerbal, but also had a function in letting you tell what a part is immediately without having to look at the name. KSP 2 might have picked up on this and will probably be remastering the parts properly, retaining the original models and colour palettes while letting the players colour the parts with a specific theme to fit each other, rather than copypasting 50s boring bland ugly rockets.

I think there are 2 parallel discussions here, on one side you have the more "Kerbal tone" vs the "Serious tone" and on the other you have the complete lack of art direction, the multiple changes made over time to KSP1 art assets and the fact  that every single of those changes was made with a different idea, style and color palette in mind.

Personally I don't care too much if the game wants to be super serious or super Kerbally, just that the decision is taken once and then used as a uniform art style for the whole game. 

Edited by Master39