Sign in to follow this  
CocoDaPuf

Turboshafts need alternators

Posted (edited)

It seems like an oversight more than anything else, turboshafts are an engine just like any rocket or jet engine, there's no reason they shouldn't also have an alternator to run electric parts of your crafts.  Without this, I can't see any way to make a prop or rotor craft that isn't range limited by it's battery capacity.

And while we're at it, Since the robotic parts introduced the idea of an adjustable slider for engine strength/weight, you could also have a slider for alternator power/weight.

At the moment, this is just one of many issues that make helicopters extremely frustrating.  It's not game breaking or anything, but if you're going to add helicopter rotors at all, it seems important to make using them feasible.

Edited by CocoDaPuf
grammar

3 hours ago, CocoDaPuf said:

It seems like an oversight more than anything else, turboshafts are an engine just like any rocket or jet engine, there's no reason they shouldn't also have an alternator to run electric parts of your crafts. 

Basically a must-have in the next update, this is the most obvious mishap in the breaking ground DLC.
I hope this is scheduled on top and doesn`t get overlooked along the mentioned surface revamps.

But just to be sure, i say again, Alternators on turboshafts!  :0.0: :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

Considering that someone from SQUAD looked at the corresponding bug report:
    https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23190
I believe that there is a good chance that something will be done on this before the heat death of the universe.

Edited by AHHans
fixed typo