strutCube Missing

Can someone help me?  I just installed some crafts from KerbalX but when i try to load in game says that there is parts missing but the crafts are stock...

then i saw that it says something about strutCube i searched it and its stock part.

in my GameData folder i can see the Squad folder then parts, structural, and THERE IS NO STRUTCUBE.

Please help me.

4 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Ok, It's loading fine for me, so we know there's not an issue with the craft.

Even though KerbalX says pure stock, it does require both DLCs.  Do you have Making History and Breaking Ground?

Also, are you on career or sandbox?

I have both DLCs , im on sanbox mode for test crafts and carrer for fun, but the crafts that i download i always go on sandbox

Edited by Commodoregamer118

And you've confirmed you do not have the part in Squad/Parts/Structural/strutCubicOcto?

Looks like you might have a bad install / upgrade.

If you're on Steam, you can do a file validation and that should correct the problem.

If you have the GoG version or the KSP store version, you may want to do a re-install.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

And you've confirmed you do not have the part in Squad/Parts/Structural/strutCubicOcto?

Looks like you might have a bad install / upgrade.

If you're on Steam, you can do a file validation and that should correct the problem.

If you have the GoG version or the KSP store version, you may want to do a re-install.

I have the part you just said but in the load says another part called strutCube and thats the part i dont have in the folder

Well even though the folder is called strutCubeOcto, and the config file is named strutCubeOcto.cfg, the actual part name is called 'strutCube'.  And that's what the game is going off of.

We might need some logs here.  Instructions on how to do so are in this thread:

27 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Well even though the folder is called strutCubeOcto, and the config file is named strutCubeOcto.cfg, the actual part name is called 'strutCube'.  And that's what the game is going off of.

We might need some logs here.  Instructions on how to do so are in this thread:

i think you want a log that is specified on the text you sent but im having trouble finding it because on the start i wasnt able to see the whole KSP folder on Steam version

10 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

i have searched the log location but there is no outpost log , but that you said is true there is the strutCube in there but the game doesnt recognize it

What can i do?

First thing I would do is a simple file validation on Steam.  To do this, right click on the game, go to Properties, Local Files tab, and click on Verify Integrity Of Game Files.

Since you posted this question under modded installs, what kind of mods are you running?  I'm wondering if there's a mod causing the issue.

Also my mods are HyperEdit BetterTimeWarp CraftManager (KerbalX mod) DockingPortAligmentIndicator KXAPI TweakScale PhysicsRangeExtender Mk3Airliner KAX Mk3StockaliteExpansion NearFutureConstruction

And ModuleManager

I know, i have much mods :mellow:

Also here is an image https://imgur.com/3qUBJ0i

(i know that is in spanish but there says that the strutCube is missing)

Image aded

Hard to say what's wrong there without a log file. You already checked manually that the part actually exists in your install, so it must be something in the loading process of KSP or one of your mods contains a buggy ModuleManager patch which renames the part or some other weird things. Since you seem to have some trouble to find the output_log, let's try the "KSP.log" which is located in your KSP directory, next to the executable "KSP_x64.exe" ;)

Please upload the log file to a filehosting service or a cloud service like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc... and share a download link for us. Might be interesting to see the ModuleManager.ConfigCache, please upload this file as well (it's located in the GameData directory of your KSP install).

8 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Hard to say what's wrong there without a log file. You already checked manually that the part actually exists in your install, so it must be something in the loading process of KSP or one of your mods contains a buggy ModuleManager patch which renames the part or some other weird things. Since you seem to have some trouble to find the output_log, let's try the "KSP.log" which is located in your KSP directory, next to the executable "KSP_x64.exe" ;)

Please upload the log file to a filehosting service or a cloud service like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc... and share a download link for us. Might be interesting to see the ModuleManager.ConfigCache, please upload this file as well (it's located in the GameData directory of your KSP install).

Here is the KSP.log https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtUgGSbBKMe8hXIRrdJmVifp6wbJ?e=fqgfNI

Via One Drive

I think I might see the problem with a NearFutureConstruction patch.  It appears that it's destroying the stock mesh.  I believe this is because it replaces it with a switchable mesh.

Can you try temporarily removing NearFutureConstruction and trying to load the ship?

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

I think I might see the problem with a NearFutureConstruction patch.  It appears that it's destroying the stock mesh.  I believe this is because it replaces it with a switchable mesh.

Can you try temporarily removing NearFutureConstruction just to be sure?

Yes i can,

however that mod never worked well <_<

22 minutes ago, Commodoregamer118 said:

Perfect :)

You installed a few mods wrong, incl. "Near Future Construction" which changes the model of the "strutCube".

You have a file structure which looks like this:

• Kerbal Space Program
    • GameData
        • AdjustableLandingGear
        • AviationLights
        • Mk3Expansion
        • NearFutureConstruction
        • Mk3Airliner

These additional folders 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 will break your mods. Move these mod folders to your GameData directory, so it looks like:

• Kerbal Space Program
    • GameData
      • AdjustableLandingGear
      • AviationLights
      • Mk3Expansion
      • NearFutureConstruction
      • Mk3Airliner

That should fix your issue.

Edit:

Uff, there are actually a few more things you should fix: There is an additional "GameData" directory in your actual "GameData" directory, which contains ModuleManager. Move the ModuleManager.dll file to "Kerbal Sace Program/GameData"

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

56 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

There is an additional "GameData" directory in your actual "GameData" directory, which contains ModuleManager. Move the ModuleManager.dll file to "Kerbal Sace Program/GameData"

Umm that folder contains KAX not module manager, but i will do that you have said

I think im a Dummy dumb actually

But i started KSP and the ship now works

I think that Near future mod killed my strut cube

Thanks for helping me and for the quick answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.