VTOL Balance Thrust while maintain level hover

SiRCrashaLot

Hello, I am sure this has been asked but as I scour I cannot find..

I am looking to balance the thrust between 2 VTOL engines. The goal is to maintain level (straight) flight/hover at a specified altitude or increase/decrease altitude. I have found a few scripts out there but they don't seem to do the trick or are hand tailored for specific scenarios. I would like to use a combo of SAS/Reaction Wheels and Thrust to maintain the overall profile. I guess basically how do I maintain pitch 0 with 2 engines forward and aft that are not quite balanced?

Or an alternative if someone knows which one, a way to convert the hover functionality in TCA to KOS friendly. Any help is greatly appreciated.. Have a great day.. the video below is my feebles… one engines is set to 64 and the other 100.. works for one TO and landing of course.

Yep sure I put this in the wrong place..how to wrong place this?

I have a quadcopter that i have been working on that uses stock ksp parts.

While this flies smoothly, its orientation must be (for now) controlled via SAS. Unfortunately, the function groups dont work very well in situations where someone must assign multiple motors to Yaw / Pitch / Roll to manage orientation. Worse yet, the motors throttle up too slowly to promptly respond to the pilots control inputs. Hence I’ve resorted to keeping the throttle constant and changing the propellers attack angle instead. (Still working on this) Thus far, i have managed to control only the Pitch by altering the blade angle but not Roll or Yaw. Overall through, Pitch and Roll should be achievable via blade manipulation but Yaw may require that the motors torque be manipulated to forcefully change the copters heading. (Aka, differential torque)

Note: There are two types of Pitch / Roll / Yaw response that are available. Absolute, which gives 100% action on a single key-press / control input. Then, Incremental which ramps-up the output the longer the keys are held. Neither appears to be adequate for the task as the blade angle must return to its “normal” position once the control input has ceased. However, this does not appear to be the case.

Question would your VTOL thrust script work in this situation?

Edited by Redacted

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.