SAS in 1.8.1 not working?

Hello all,

After effort I got my 1.8.0 working right..

it updated to 1.8.1 now of course which settled down the game better!

I have lots of CKAN installed mods all great sofar!

But now after all that, I get a new fault?

My SAS will not work fully.

What I mean by this is, out of the blue after everything being great

my SAS now only shows just the 1st icon of the circle with the dash mark in it.

None of the other control icons there like the Pro grade or anti-pro grate etc.

So the SAS will keep the rocket where you point it but no turn to target or

normal or any other icon showing?

I removed some of the latest mods as I found they crashed the game. But 

still no SAS controls even when the rocket has a advanced SAS module and big reaction wheel and MechJeb2 module fitted?  So odd as it all was fine until a couple of days back? ;.;

Really a pain. 

Anyone got this same fault or knows why it just changed, I love to hear your views 

how maybe to fix this as it stops the launching and control of my rockets.

Thanks. :P

Hi linxgurugamer, :0.0:

I went back to the game play I was on, To check on the problem!

I found it was still the same!

But this is the odd thing here? 

I switched over to the other big transporting craft.

I have still in orbit nearby the orbit of the newer rocket that has no SAS working!

As soon as I do switch over to the big craft all the

SAS icons near the navi ball come up again! 

Odd.. as the only difference between these two craft is, the fact that the non-working SAS rocket has no R-25 remote control unit fitted unlike the big transporting craft nearby it.

:confused:

I would have thought if the new rocket has SAS module and big reaction wheel unit and MechJeb2 controller fitted it should not need a remote control module as well to be able to use the different SAS icons for normal and anti-normal and retro-grade and point to target etc.?

Do you think this one difference between the craft means the new rocket can't use SAS even though it has all the rest but not the remote control unit?

If so, I will have to destroy the new rocket in orbit and reload the rocket from file and install the R-25 remote control module to get the SAS working fully on this redone rocket?

Let me know what you think? 

• 1 month later...

I had same problem, in my situation was my gamepad fault, I don't know how the heck, but when after all tries I unplugged it, Sas returned to work properly. In previous version all worked fine exept sometimes Sas was going to bug, then I needed to restart all the game. In 1.8.1 I started to notice this problem when on the first check sat mission, it had a probe plus a Ch-j3 sas module, when I turn on Hibernation and left only sas module activate, all worked fine, instead the opposite setting (gamepad was always plugged in), In another mission with crew control plus the sas module, of course was not possible to change the situation. I tried too like in the previous version to reboot the game, but it not helped. In wait of a patch. At this moment , I just unplug the gamepad used only for aircraft missions.

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, Kerbal Space Player said:

I have the very same problem restarted over and over again. But now working. ANy help?

On 11/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

It would help if you could provide a log file

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.